NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Eh... maybe rubs me the wrong way isn't quite the right way to say it, it's more that none of them rub me the right way. See, the game has pretty solidly established Catherine as a very poly/fwb type of woman, and all of the romance options are pretty exclusionary and it just seems... out of character for her. I was hoping for more of a primary+others type of romance, Cathy doesn't seem like the monogamous type, not to me at least, if you're hot and not a dickhead there's a pretty good chance she'll want to fuck you and i can't see her changing from that mindset to 'you're the only one i'll ever need'.
I play my Cat very similarly to yours. I jump literally everyone as long as they aren't a dick, and avoid all the romances. My boy Khai would be my first choice for a romance, but I just can't give up screwing everything with a dick and/or a pulse. I'm really hoping that if the game's ending takes in account romances, there's one for "Cat is just a slut"
Hmm... I'll see what I can do. I think it's too late for a harem route but I can try building a "I'll fuck anything" route. I've also been thinking about having Labashi's and maybe even Victor's romance routes be an open bedroom sort of relationship. Evelyn is also bringing more and more people into the bedroom and I want her route kinda to be like a harem/blood cult of sorts with Catherine being her main gal.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Hmm... I'll see what I can do. I think it's too late for a harem route but I can try building a "I'll fuck anything" route.
I'd really like that. There's a lot of opportunity for Cat to slut it up (the gangbang with Amelie, working in a brothel, etc.) so having a route that acknowledges Cat not romancing anyone but instead spreading the love (and her legs) around would be great.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Hmm... I'll see what I can do. I think it's too late for a harem route but I can try building a "I'll fuck anything" route. I've also been thinking about having Labashi's and maybe even Victor's romance routes be an open bedroom sort of relationship. Evelyn is also bringing more and more people into the bedroom and I want her route kinda to be like a harem/blood cult of sorts with Catherine being her main gal.
Yeah at this point i'm pretty much out on specific romance, the girls i'd want as primaries are all locked behind exclusives now so there's really only options for either a pseudo-harem situation or a non-committal polycule type deal as far as my preferences are concerned. Neither will be overly satisfying but at least it'd feel in-character for her. But do as you please, it's your game, if you had other plans i urge you to stick to them as i prefer the author's vision over my own in all cases.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I quite like Lena and Catherine as a couple. I kinda want to see a ending where they impregnate each other to make a futebol team of kids. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I also will need to make a Briala save route later in the future. Because she too is a favorite of mine.:love:

Not going to lie that i would have wished for a route for Kyo but i understand why i wouldn't make sense with the story.

Ressxd

May 28, 2020
I can't be the only one who thought the opening pages of the Sacred Book that Sylvara was talking about is very similar to LOTR's world creation? Anun = Eru Ilúvatar, Daemons = Melkor and his believers, the first of thr Seraphims = Valar and so many other things that either match or are very close in resemblence. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's bad and it's a copy, not at all. When I was reading it this was the first thing that came into my mind, just the similarities between the two.

Edit: a few lines later Catherine literally says: "Alright, keep your secrets." :LOL::LOL: Yeah I understand now haha

• Haha
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I can't be the only one who thought the opening pages of the Sacred Book that Sylvara was talking about is very similar to LOTR's world creation? Anun = Eru Ilúvatar, Daemons = Melkor and his believers, the first of thr Seraphims = Valar and so many other things that either match or are very close in resemblence. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's bad and it's a copy, not at all. When I was reading it this was the first thing that came into my mind, just the similarities between the two.

Edit: a few lines later Catherine literally says: "Alright, keep your secrets." :LOL::LOL: Yeah I understand now haha
I did take inspiration from LOTR, but then again what self respecting fantasy writter doesn't? But for the creation myth it was mostly the part where the world was created through song. Being a bit of musician myself that always resonated with me and I wanted to do something similar. I took the name Anun from the supreme god from mesophotamia, and all other similarities with Tolkien are more due to both of us borrowing from Judeo-Christian tradition.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
One thing to always keep in mind when looking at fantasy is that Tolkien was a devout Catholic, so if you ever see something in other fantasy that reminds you of Tolkien, it's just as likely that they're drawing from the same well as taking inspiration from Tolkien.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
We are currently taking a little break from working on Rise and are instead focusing on something else for a change. Don't worry though, we'll be back to grinding on Rise by next month. In any case, we got a fair bit of sneak peeks from our first week of work on this new game, so if anyone wants to know more you can find the post !

Random404

Dec 2, 2022
Is there a way to delete all save simultaneously instead of 1 by 1 like you can do with renpy games where all saves is saved in %appdata% and then Renpy on Windows thx in advance
As far as I can tell, the save data is stored at (AppData\LocalLow\Necro Bunny Studios\Rise of the White Flower) so deleting the folder or the files inside it should work.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Found some time to start playing again after a few updates. The plot thickens now with all the time traveling thing happening with Victor and this Adversary reviving and biding ancient witch kings.
Still need to play some of the public content but i am liking it a lot so far.

• Red Heart

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Is there a way to delete all save simultaneously instead of 1 by 1 like you can do with renpy games where all saves is saved in %appdata% and then Renpy on Windows thx in advance
That is something that I hadn't actually considered people would want to do, but it's obvious now that you pointed it out. I'll add a delete all saves button to the game.

maul467

Apr 19, 2019
Minor bug I found. If you go to the main menu when the battle page is on (the giant white page when a bunch of text is being used) and you use the scene gallery the Eleanor diving image and page will cover the screen and all text is displayed on it.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Eh... maybe rubs me the wrong way isn't quite the right way to say it, it's more that none of them rub me the right way. See, the game has pretty solidly established Catherine as a very poly/fwb type of woman, and all of the romance options are pretty exclusionary and it just seems... out of character for her. I was hoping for more of a primary+others type of romance, Cathy doesn't seem like the monogamous type, not to me at least, if you're hot and not a dickhead there's a pretty good chance she'll want to fuck you and i can't see her changing from that mindset to 'you're the only one i'll ever need'.
Obviously everyone is going to play differently, and it's nice to have multiple options so everyone feels like they're being catered to, but I really don't play that way at all. For me, Catherine is definitely a horny gal, but she's also somewhat picky (and pretty much pure lesbian), so I've outright skipped a number of possible options. And I was quite happy with the idea that she could mature over time (especially with all the dramatic stuff going on) and pick someone to be her primary love interest.

I kind of like the idea of her being willing to pick one person to settle down with, especially if she's still occasionally willing to play around with other people (basically, I see her less as poly/fwb and more as monogamous but open). I definitely don't want, say, the Evelyn romance to turn into "Evelyn bringing more and more people into the bedroom like a harem/blood cult of sorts", unless the player has the option to say "No" and keep things a bit more one-on-one. I just think it's really nice to be able to go with the vanilla sub option and occasionally sleep around without it turning into a mandatory orgy.

Obviously the more options there are, the more work it makes for the devs. But I'll almost always advocate for players to have choices and be able to pass on less vanilla options in any game on this site. I think it makes for a better experience when players can stick to what they like and not feel forced into stuff they don't.

But I'm not adverse to people who want more casual or aggressive romancing to get what they want as well, as long as everyone gets a choice.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes