VN Completed [RJ036260][English Translation] Twins (双性児 Souseiji) [Vincent] 100% translated

skingrad93

Mar 2, 2019
Twins has fully animated H-scenes, a fun story, and is now 100% in english!
souseiji.png screen4.png screen1.png

Hi, I recently downloaded this game from DLSite, and fell in love with it. It's fairly short, so I decided to translate it, so now I'm posting it here.

Translation status:
UI: 90% (Main Menu has some JP setting descriptions)
Story: 100%

Installation:

1. (it's 50% off at the day of this post)
2. Rename "twinsdata.dxr" in the game's folder to "twinsdata.dxr.bak"
3. Extract "twinsdata.dir" into the game folder.
4. Launch vctwins.exe
5. Enjoy!

Download:
NB! I have not black-box tested this, so let's consider this a black-box test. I've made sure to download a new copy and replace the data, and it worked when I did that. Let me know if there are technical errors.

Game Synopsis:
Twins, 双性児 Souseiji, developed by Vincent in 2004 is a game about a pair of twins who have acquired a sexual relationship in their adolescence, and the story takes place over an evening where the father is out on business and their mom isn't home before midnight. Will they run the risk of getting caught by giving into temptations on this particular night?

The themes are sex and taboo and the twin connection, but there's nothing physically nasty in the game. The mood of the story is somewhat casual and doesn't reach some kind of depressing tragedy like some of these stories do, and the depiction of their affair is jovial rather than heartfelt, which is what I like about it.

Notes about the translation:
I'm not good at Japanese at all, so it's partly done through "improper" means. It deserves a professional translation by people who speak the language down the road, IMO. It's a game from 2004 made on a japanese Macintosh with Macromedia Director, and I had to learn all of that, download ridiculous software to my computer just to get it to encode the fonts properly. I had to manually reprogram parts of this game, using a scripting language called Lingo! Needless to say, making this was kind of not easy. But now I know the technicalities behind implementing a translation for this game, and if anyone would like the source JP script to translate properly, let me know. In the meantime, I parsed as much of the context and intention as I could, and I wrote the translation myself, to the best of my ability.

Game Previews
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

More details here:

Last edited:

skingrad93

Mar 2, 2019
Awesome! it worked!, would you tell/teach me how you made the translations?
By now I've uninstalled everything I used to craft it, but it involved some key problems I had to solve
  • The game seperated text boxes by use of spaces in a string. So I had to extract all strings and replace spaces with underscores, and after that I had to reprogram the game code to replace underscores with spaces at runtime.
  • The code was written in some ancient flash adjacent language that runs in Macromedia Director... which was originally compiled by a Japanese Macintosh in 2004.
  • I needed a tool I found online to decompile the Macromedia Director project.
  • I had to change locale to japanese and also get compatible mac fonts to use 2004 Macromedia Director MX to get it to load the decompiled project without messing up the fonts.
  • I had to rejigger some stuff to make the voice acting associate properly with the text boxes again.
So I'm extremely happy to hear that it worked because I was too lazy to blackbox test it myself. The whole thing was a leap of faith for me, but if you ever need Macromedia Director games translated please don't ask me because I'll never do one again! But know that it is absolutely possible to achieve it.