RPGM - Completed - ROBF [v4.1] [Kagura Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ZeroG187

A fantastic battlefuck hentai game with very obvious drawbacks and some controversy back in 2014. But regardless, This game is still my favorite sexfight game with lots of hentai scenes, and charm.

The story is very simple, Monster girls are roaming everywhere. Every human Guy and Girl must train through sexual intercourse and make the monster girls cum and ascend before they do. You play as Novi (Default name) a new recruit that recently joins the sexfight and stop the monster queen.

The gameplay is very robust. You have a massive skill tree with many customization skills and many techniques to use against female monsters. The RPG combat is battle fucking, using sexual techniques on on the female opponents and make them ascend, they female opponents can do the same to you as well. There are sex and foreplay animations when you do your sexual attack, even the female opponent as well.

The hentai scenes are amazing. If you lose to any different type of female opponent, each one has their own dialogue and tells you how much they like your c0ck, or humiliate you, or even femdom you ;) If you beat them they sound like they are being raped or dominated by you. Gotta love equality in this game :)

My favorite human female opponents is Thief/High thief (named Sif, not officially) and the instructor Kurseco. Their sex scenes, their techniques and their femdom scenes are phenomenal and I fell in love with them, but mostly the Thief/High Thief. (Fun Fact: The Thief/High Thief (Sif) Keeps coming back as a recurring female opponent in the ROBF series trying to beat the main character)

My Favorite Monster opponents is the Alarm, Anolian, Orc lady, and Raydric. They have a very odd and alluring appearance when I fight them. Not much of a fan of these monster girls. And some of them are Homunculus human girls.

Here are the issues I've had with the game and many people has as well. The quest and main story is kinda directionless, you can easily get lost and keep running everywhere trying to find out where you're suppose to go and complete the quest. The endgame boss fights are incredibly difficult in combat and discovery, you have to find out on your own where these bosses are and trigger an event a specific way. And obviously the translation is only 70-80% done and most scenes are in japanese and they're mostly from the defeated femdom scenes :(

Me addressing the 2014 controversy of this game: (THIS DOES NOT EFFECT MY RATING)
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's it, a fantastic sexfight game with obvious and glaring issues that can persist through out this 45 hour game. You'll get your money's worth and your life consumed from this.

Edit: I fixed some names and added something on my favorites girls and added more information about the controversy. On March 9, 2022 Asgar knights confirmed that the English version of REBF is coming out on steam in March 11th (1 Year and 6 days) after the previous launch).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

colascage

This game is exactly what i want from an h-game. The h-content and gameplay is very intertwined. Exploration is very fun and gives you a good degree of openess . Though there might be some moments where you get lost but this is a price im willing to pay over a game that railroads you.
    Also the build variety is amazing and encourages you to experiment or even to do multiple walkthroughs which is very uncommon among h-games.

I heard someone complaining that having lesser enemies as h-content makes the boss encounters less "special" and therefore "it's bad" but i for one fully disagree. Similar games have only boss encounters as h-content and thus end up with you getting bombarded with terribly paced lore, generic enemy encounters (even worse when the combat is terrible),etc. until you get to the meat of the game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

Great and amusing setup. Interesting skills and stuff.
    Art is good but only ONE single image per girl just ONE and censored at that. Only difference is clothes on/off one or two facial expessions and the image rotates or zooms in/out on it

I could rate more highly but the for all intents and purposes gamebreaking bug of the de facto worst fucking cast system I have ever EVER encountered. NO excuses or exceptions should one fail to do X over 20 times let alone ten times in a damn row. Shit aint even stupid just retarded and if it were not for cheatengine making the game run three times as fast the slow tedium would be too damn brutal to handle. Not counting damage stats/level make no difference at all for success.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

withoutscratch

One of the best H games I have ever played.
    I do remember to play the game the try and error way till a decent walkthrough was released in some forum.

this game has a high replayability because you can focus on different attributes and skills every time.

You will grind alot in this game, if you cant stand that this might not be the right game for you.

All monster girls are kinda hot and fully animated.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Cofman

Don't know why people gave this game 2 stars, I pretty much liked it (maybe because I cheated through the game, because I don't like to grind).
    Sex scenes is cool and diverse, giving you fine boner. Even if you see all scenes through the fight, giving up is also cool, I liked interactions in this game.
    Maybe it's just me, but I make it to the end, to the tower of super difficult floors and just bored )
    Also liked battlefuck system, even if it's hard, it's fine with cheats.
    Played it long ago, but I remember good emotions of it.
    Recommended to play (and recommended to cheat)
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Jacob Kururugi

I love the level of customization when it comes to lvling the abilities and the amount of flexability within the playstyles. However the quest system could use a bit of work and it gets pretty easy to get lost and waste time XD. Not to mention the other issues I had with the game such as all the grind without new game+.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

SylvestaVonShwarzengerman

It's a lot like (comparison redacted, check Reviewing Rules), but not as good.

ART:
    The monster girls look good as still images, but they're very poorly animated. One thing I just can't get over is this terrible horizontal sync effect. You know how some games look really bad if you don't have Vsync turned on, because it looks like your screen is being torn apart? Well this game has a similar problem with its animations only you can't turn it off. It's even more noticeable if you play in full screen.
    Speaking of full screen, this is one of those RPGM games that didn't bother making proper full screen support or even just a larger window option, so you have to know the program's unintuitive controls to get it at all, and when you do play in full screen it stretches everything out.
    So you'll have to choose whether it's worse to have a tiny letterbox game where you have to strain your eyes to see anything, or have a full-size game that's clearly not supposed to be that wide and has awful flickering animations for the most important parts and an even-more-blinding stark white menu design that kills the mood.
    Either way, the proper game doesn't look nearly as good as the screenshots.

GAMEPLAY:
    If you've played [REDACTED], then you've played a simpler and more fun version of this game. I actually don't like this system personally. In this game, it's functionally identical to standard turn-based RPG combat, but with all the combat functions framed as things you do in sex. In a good XXX game, the erotic aspects are a result of the way you play the game, whereas in this game it's an obstacle to overcome; it's a bad thing that you're having weird sex with all these countless curvaceous fantasy girls and you need to end it as quickly as possible.
    The worst part of it is, the game just straight-up tells you that you need to grind levels to see further stages. In a good level-grind-focused game the game gives you a story of "you should probably go to X and do Y" and if you go on the right path, your character will level up seamlessly with the enemies. In this game, you're not strong enough to beat the end boss, so go kill fuck a bunch of lesser enemies so you have a better chance against the stronger ones because that's how that works, so combat sex is now a complete chore, as opposed to something exciting.

STORY:
    I don't have much to say here because the combined bad elements of the art design and gameplay turned me off from the game before I could make any real progress, but from what I saw the plot was also pretty mediocre.
    The premise is standard for this kind of game, and could have been summed up as "Those monster girls have become suupaa hentai all the kowaii and we think those black (they're probably purple anyway) crystals nobody can get to are the cause of it. If only some amusingly bland audience surrogate and/or silent protagonist would go and destroy them..." And that's not a bad premise, but it takes about half an hour (if you bother with the tutorial and talking to NPCs like I do) of uninteresting tedium to finally get to the point of it all before you're finally given freedom to do what you want, and by that point my interest in the game has fallen too far already.

Son I am disappoint.