RPGM - Completed - Rock 'n' Roll Rise! [v1.0.3] [aburasobabiyori]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Asmodeus Krutz

Im going to give this game 3 stars. 3 very strong stars, which are deserved. First, Im going to point at good things in this game.
    + Very nice, enjoyable 2D anime art. The ammount of different art is good enough, fair ammount of same art reuses as well. MC customisation... ah, all options for customisation are ugly af, but at least you can choose to use preset art for MC which is much better (even considering that it limits customisation options during game). Also will include here the fact that main girl have nice avarage-to-small breast size. I hate when girl's breasts are oversized and it is nice to finaly see normal size.
    + Very rare fetish which usualy you wont find in any game as main one - pimp (while MC being dominant male). And it is unfolded perfectly, with many different situations and possibilities. Also, ofcourse, the fact that MC is male (honestly Im tired of all these female mc games). About scat... Im gonna say that there is a bit too much of it. Personaly I do not hate it, since it can be an interesting option in humilating and degrading the slave girl in such games, but too much of it is... well, at least it is perfectly avoidable and if you do not want these scenes - you can just ignore them. Also I hate when there is clearly said "rape" for the scene, but girls turn to enjoy it - there isnt such a thing here. If you humilate or rape a girl - she will cry, she will be upset and, mostly, broken in the end. All in all, everything about sex scenes and fetishes in this game is played great.
    + Another one plus for the ammount of choices and possibilities in the game. You realy have a full control of your MC and decide whatever is going to happen next. It is a significant thing for me in any rpg game, adult or normal one.

Now to the minuses:
    - First and the most significant minus for me in this game is story and characters personality. Story is nearly non-existant. I do not ask for a story of the size of the book, but at least it must be there and have to be enjoyable. Here we just have some comic nonsense without even any attempt to turn it in somewhat logic or bearable story. Characters motivations are also unlogical and, mostly, stupid. Personalities... lets just say creator didnt gave anything to this, just took few archetypes, put them there and thats it. Nearly no thought has been put into world creation here and because of this everything feels too artificial.
    - Gameplay. Mostly boring, which would be nearly unbearable if there wouldnt be so many choices and options. MC is stated to be an avarage mage. Thats it. No development here. No options to become stronger or anything to give you a sense of achievement, or, at least, sense of being powerful enough to do whatever you do. Fights... there isnt such thing, just "boom boom, you won, you found [that]" or "boom boom, you lost and took [so much] damage", everything is preset and not even worth mention. So, mostly, besides erotic/sex scenes and options which become available by obtaining certain items, gameplay is lame. Music and sounds... not even worth mention.

All in all, this game receives solid 3 stars from me. It definetely isnt bad and was worth my time, but is very far from being great. I would never give 5 stars only because I enjoyed the game for few hours, to get such rating game must be perfect in everything or, at least, being near to perfection. 4 stars is for great games with only one significant minus or with several minuses in details. And here we have a perfectly deserved 3 stars, for a good and rare game with few significant minuses.
    As conclusion, this game is worth a go if you enjoy fetishes and genre of the game, but it wont keep your attention for long and hardly you will remember about it again.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Gsan the ojisan

there is no real gameplay in this but interacting with all your enviroment and every npc gives you quite the amount of kinky situations to enjoy, on top of that is the kind of absurd comedy I like, this is basically an humillation game where you degrade the fmc.

I always thirst for games where you carry an heroine around as male mc and whore her freely, and this one just happened to quench that thirst for a few days, only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because at the end of the day its kind of a CG collector, but a pretty fun one.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

yhbt

This game is made by a small circle and is the one that is most like their earlier game, Lucia Script, which is my favourite from the circle. The fast-paced overworld is more like the circle's newer games though. And I personally prefer Lucia's character design more than Mifutanya's, so I would rank this game right below Lucia Script.

You play as the bad guy (and you can change your appearance somewhat). The game is focused around humiliation, and most of the scenes revolve around being exposed or raped in public.

A lot of the scenes are optional and missable, but you can unlock the full gallery at the end of the main story. There's currently 107 scenes in the full gallery + 8 scat scenes, but the official description touts 39 base CGs being used. Most of the 'gameplay' here is about going around for the optional scenes and having fun with it though, but you can power through if you want. The scenes that will progress the game are for the most part marked. It's a medium length nukige game if you skip the text, but will take hours if you like to read along. If you feel like taking a break, the scenes you've seen are opened in the gallery so you can go finish off to your favourite scene. There's no (real) grind or puzzles in this game.

There are several piss and scat scenes with optional clean-up (eating/drinking). You can enable/disable all scat scenes at will after the game initially prompts you. As someone who dislikes scat, I don't think the scat scenes in this game are too bad, and the game warns you with icons and text prompts even if you leave it enabled.

All things considered, I find this game great for a small team. There's a lot of content and some alternate outfits, although it is heavily focused on one girl and reuses base CGs. As said, the scenes mainly focus on public humiliation. The story is fun, and comes up with a variety of scenarios that include TV broadcasts, mind control, AV production, waitressing, prostitution, mixed bathing, time stop, portal limbs... Enough to make your evening perfect.

Nice to see a fan translation, even though it feels like machine-assisted due to a few translation choices.

I recommend supporting the creator by buying the game if you like their content! The other girls that appear in a few scenes are girls from the circle's previous games, and they will probably continue to make more of these.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

malice12

what i like:
    - scat is avoidable (can be disabled)
    - holy water is sort of avoidable, it's golden yellow tho
    - scenes are good, especially if one is into normal chest sizes and lolis
    - good amount of cameos from characters from their previous games
    - really nice to be cruel (and also be punished)
    - choice of how the male mc looks, good assortment of ugly looking men, and a good looking male mc (if ya dun like ugly/weird)
    - nice bgm choices
    - lots of -cruelty- and crying females in this game, but the story becomes more on the fun/hilarious side after some time

what i don't like:
    - opening the menu and using an item (slow menu)
    - not much freedom on what to do
    - i'm not into old women and jigglies but it was frustrating that the mean boss (kuwa) didn't have any rape scene, i dunno if i just missed it tho
    - aliens have sticks and holes
    - i think the cg count is on the low side, but the context is there and it's enough for me

i enjoyed it, so a 4 for me, thanks for reading~
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Eldar

So the content in this game is good. Good kinks, good scenes, plenty of scenes and ability to disable the more extreme kinks.

On the negative side, the music is bad and the story is nonsensical at best. As for gameplay, there almost isn't any. It's purely a CG collector. No progression or corruption either. All scenes, including the most extreme ones, are available from the very start of the game. Which then makes it real weird to find some of the more normal scenes and the heroine still pretending like it's not okay for her to show someone her panties after she just ate her own sh*t in front of everybody 5 minutes ago.

To add to this, there is no permanence in this world. Whatever happens, is practically tied to that one scene where it happens. Nobody ever mentions anything from the past, nor is there a reputation system in place (to be completely fair, the NPCs sometimes have an untranslated thought bubble above their heads, when they were a part of an already seen event. However, that is the entire extent of it). As for the translation, it is decent enough to understand what's going on, though as mentioned before, the story itself was fairly bad, so I doubt the translator could have salvaged the dialogues.

For fans of their previous games, almost all main characters from their other games make appearances here and have their own scenes. So that's another plus.

Purely because of the fact that there was a vast volume of kinky scenes I give it 4 stars. But it failed to impress me as a game.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

maquim01

I'm going to start a review by saying how much I hated this damn music... Okay, no one really cares when the game comes with standard rpg tracks, it's not offensive but it's also nothing special.
    Now put on rock music at full volume and on top of that some really shitty music...
    Now about the game. From the beginning I say that you can disable scat, so this isn't even a problem. I normally don't like being the "villain" in an RPG, without a good reason, like the heroine was bad to our character and that's why he takes revenge or something.
    But here our guy just doesn't like the girl for like zero reasons and decides to turn her life into hell on earth.
    The game is basically tormenting the heroine. And for that you just need to go to the indicated location... It's basically collection CG