Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Which version of the game is this adapted for?is it possible to keep it updated after each game update?
0.981a (it'll probably work on b,c,d,e,etc)
It's pretty easy, you just have to copy and paste a couple of lines

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
0.981a (it'll probably work on b,c,d,e,etc)
It's pretty easy, you just have to copy and paste a couple of lines
Ok can you post the file again?
I tried it yesterday but it's giving me errors

Also which line needs to be copy-pasted?

Reactions: nobody93

ArcticPerv

Jun 11, 2017
Just wanted to drop this here in case anyone else wants it. It started as just a replacement for the atrocious Mystique button, but there was other art for Rogue that looked like someone just used the Paint Bucket tool to change the colors. It's not that noticeable in Windowed mode, but in Fullscreen at 1440p it's glaring. I also fixed the outline on Swimsuit2, it, along with a lot of the original art for the mod, looks bad, because the outline is about double the thickness it should be.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just extract the "game" folder into your "Rogue-Like" folder and overwrite everything.

I am not an artist, just someone who is halfway decent at Photoshop. Let me know if you guys think something could be done better. Feel free to include this in future releases if you feel so inclined.

Taharka

Aug 9, 2017
I tried out the Oni update to Rogue Like... and I'm surprised. Not only is it surprisingly bug free (Oni really dropped the ball here... I mean, no crashes, and the only bug being one of the girls sometimes scales to the wrong size, which is fixed next scene?), but his additions for Threesome stuff is pretty damn awesome.
No real artwork for the threesome stuff, but the text is more involved, and it feels more like a threesome, rather than you with a girl and oh, there happens to be another girl nearby.
Surprisingly, Emma has the best threesome "arc", where she goes from resisting going out with you to resisting doing too much sexual with you, to resisting bringing another girl into it, to finally accepting it all. Rogue and Kitty just sorta shrug and accept it all once you get their stats up.
Anyway, if you want new rogue-like content while our amazing modders work on their version, give the oni stuff a try. You won't have cheats or the custom clothing, but still some great stuff.

DarkKingRen

May 30, 2017
I tried out the Oni update to Rogue Like... and I'm surprised. Not only is it surprisingly bug free (Oni really dropped the ball here... I mean, no crashes, and the only bug being one of the girls sometimes scales to the wrong size, which is fixed next scene?), but his additions for Threesome stuff is pretty damn awesome.
No real artwork for the threesome stuff, but the text is more involved, and it feels more like a threesome, rather than you with a girl and oh, there happens to be another girl nearby.
Surprisingly, Emma has the best threesome "arc", where she goes from resisting going out with you to resisting doing too much sexual with you, to resisting bringing another girl into it, to finally accepting it all. Rogue and Kitty just sorta shrug and accept it all once you get their stats up.
Anyway, if you want new rogue-like content while our amazing modders work on their version, give the oni stuff a try. You won't have cheats or the custom clothing, but still some great stuff.
I need what this community provides. The mods are honestly so great

xevious

Jan 19, 2018
Do you think its possible to add X-23 sprites in this mod and make the character work like you guys did with emma in older versions?

redzadow

May 18, 2017
Yeah the lack of glitches on the latest Oni Version is surprisingly bug free. The only issues I ran into is because I love playing an absolute asshole in this game (I guess never give me super powers) so I've got all the girls maxed out obedience/inhibition with them calling me master and me calling them whore, slave, and slut while having orgies with all three in the quad at broad daylight; however after I command them to start loving me they then get all peckish about me fucking their best friends with dialog that makes zero sense. Oh well, still a great update. Can't wait to play it all again with this communities great mods!

Reactions: Zatrian

jonnymelabo

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2017
Is there a DIscord channel for this mod of the game?

I would like to ask some questions to the programmers to improve the game I´m doing myself if it´s possible... probably better if there´s a discord channel. ^^

Thanks

Reactions: Zatrian and AR21

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Is there a DIscord channel for this mod of the game?

I would like to ask some questions to the programmers to improve the game I´m doing myself if it´s possible... probably better if there´s a discord channel. ^^

Thanks
No Discord at the moment, to be honest i don't see a problem to use the forum for some questions! Also we are here almost every day so i do not really see the need for a Discord. Maybe i just don't want another account somewhere but that is just me! :D

But i will not rule out the possibility of it completely if everybody says, "hey we absolutley need it!" who am i to say no! But for me, with the still limited time, i like it how it is now!

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Just wanted to drop this here in case anyone else wants it. It started as just a replacement for the atrocious Mystique button, but there was other art for Rogue that looked like someone just used the Paint Bucket tool to change the colors. It's not that noticeable in Windowed mode, but in Fullscreen at 1440p it's glaring. I also fixed the outline on Swimsuit2, it, along with a lot of the original art for the mod, looks bad, because the outline is about double the thickness it should be.

Just extract the "game" folder into your "Rogue-Like" folder and overwrite everything.

I am not an artist, just someone who is halfway decent at Photoshop. Let me know if you guys think something could be done better. Feel free to include this in future releases if you feel so inclined.

Thanks for this, I always hated how the colors looked.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Also, you guys need to get on the same page with naming conventions. Are we using "Black" or "D"? "B" or "Blue"? Pick one, and use it. Why do the colors come before the item piece? The color should always come after, so that pieces are grouped together, and easy to find. It's annoying to have to bounce around trying to find shit. "Rogue_byshorts.png" should be "Rogue_shortsby.png", "Rogue_over_dhoodie1.png" should be "Rogue_over_hoodie1black.png", etc.
It's like that because a bunch of different people have contributed to the mod, and at first it wasn't very organized. I've been trying to clean up some of the code/files, and will eventually get to that.
If you want it done sooner, you're welcome to rename all the files and correct the paths in the coding.

As for the colors, I suggested it myself some time ago (I have a bunch of files for personal use, and there was at some point a link to them), but not everyone likes the bright colors and adding all of them would take up too much space in the clothing menu.
I might add a button so the user can choose between the two styles until a better way of handling the clothing menu is found.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016

I made this discord as an example to Oni but, since he isn't into the community scene, feel free to use it. I will add @Tinymanhood as an Admin if he decides to join. Otherwise, I generally add mods to my communities gradually on merit.

One more week left in my semester and I can hopefully have sometime to sit down and just code.

Reactions: Grigori_127

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
If a new version comes out, how would you update this one?
1. Use Unren to unpack
2. Open screens.rpy with your preferred text editor
3. Look for lines 'bar range 100 value SomeVariable*SomeValue something something something something' (where SomeVariable is a variable and SomeValue is some numerical value)
4. Replace the SomeVariable*SomeValue part with VariableValue("SomeVariable", (SomeValue^-1)*100) or Simply copy those lines from the mod.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017

I made this discord as an example to Oni but, since he isn't into the community scene, feel free to use it. I will add @Tinymanhood as an Admin if he decides to join. Otherwise, I generally add mods to my communities gradually on merit.

One more week left in my semester and I can hopefully have sometime to sit down and just code.
Not to sound ungrateful, but if we decide to use Discord, we will create it ourselves.

Edit: After reading your post while a bit more awake, I realise you've made it for the game in general, and not just for the mod. My bad.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes