YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Numbers are releases, letters are patches. We're currently on release 998, patch c (third patch). Not a super common scheme, but common enough.

More to the point, version numbers are almost never a percentage of progress, especially with a game with as much feature creep as Rogue-Like.
that is how it should be, yes. I am aware.
unfortunately, that is not how it is in this game.

the first number, before the ., is full release. 0 as it is means it is still unfinished, 1 means it is fully done, 2 means it was a major redo.
the second is mainly for big additions. adding a full character, for example, or the whole "change pose", would be here.
a third, that oni does not use but is common, is for minor updates. things like changes to poses and the like.
and finally, the letter for minor bugfixes. some people also use a number. some use the third number for this. either way, it is supposed to be for the most minor changes.

but, as I mentione before, Jean was added between one letter and another, together with her different mechanics.
considering the game right now is mainly girls and mechanics, that was supposed to be a number.

Oni has no idea how the numbers and letters work.

Reactions: Testerguy19

tracespeck

Jul 21, 2017
Some people talking about story, what would they story even be for this game? You get good enough grades you can go on an anyway mission so you can bang the harem while the rest of the x-men fight apocalypse?

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly having possible missions added to this game would certainly be a nice change of pace than what we have. Sure while it's fun and all fucking say Rogue out in the pool area, to have Kitty show up, surprised and then joining in the analizying of her bestie is fun and dandy, going on a mission would be fun.

Imagine: You go out on a mission with one of girls, Laura for the example piece, to take down one of the Brotherhood cells. Depending on your relationship with Laura you could maybe have a tender little moment or while half way through the mission simply be in the moment of being balls deep inside her when say Scarlett Witch shows up, surprised to find the two of us in that situation and maybe joins in for funsies.

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
It happened to me as well did not work got an error occurred
Yeah, I fucked something up when compiling it, loading saved games works, but there's an error when starting a new game. I'll have a fix up tonight. I included a workaround method in the post with the 998c upload links.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
I... honestly can't think of many stories either.
Ignoring just a reheating of past classic stories.

Either one where Zero is a plant to control the mutants, thus his powers to nulify mutant powers and addict mutant girls (they could have been given to him artificially),
or Zero is being made into a way to increase mutant population, as mentioned here before as a joke.

Either way it could be added to what happened in the comics some time ago, where first after House of M Wanda basically removed the powers of about 90% of all mutants, and then there was that whole story with all mutants moving to Krakoa and producing supermedicines, and becoming basically immortals through cloning of new bodies and mental backups. Thanks to a woman that was revealed to stop aging and going back in time when she dies and this was her... fifth time I think?
I did not read it, but I do remember things like Kitty being weird due to not being able to use the gates and having problems with the ressurrection but two things most relevant here:
Thanks to becoming a sovereign nation and the supermeds, almost everyone distrusts them, and they don't try to make allies either, and
the mental data is all saved inside Cerebro.

So my idea is that this universe is actually a simulation of where the body and mind data would be being kept, and Zero here is trying to corrupt the data to either make it all unusable or change it so they all, or the girls at least, are all loyal to him after a certain point and ressurrection. Considering he is able to teach Rouge to control her powers, if the first he changes his mind and goes for the second anyway.

I know, this is all a very convoluted story, I did not plan it much, and even if it was a good idea I doubt Oni would go for it...
But it was an attempt?
And it would leave everything free for adding more girls later, too.

Either way, about missions.
Just random missions... are not a story. They are a minigame at best. Adding them as a way to reach Wanda is just... an extra step.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hey dumdum this wouldn't follow any mainline xmang comics I wish people would realize this already. All the bollocks that occured in the comics means nothing since Evo is a different timeline if anything apocalypse would be a big contender as he was used in the Evo cartoon towards the end of it. Wolverine being an unofficial dad to everyone might be keewl too.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Hey dumdum this wouldn't follow any mainline xmang comics I wish people would realize this already. All the bollocks that occured in the comics means nothing since Evo is a different timeline if anything apocalypse would be a big contender as he was used in the Evo cartoon towards the end of it. Wolverine being an unofficial dad to everyone might be keewl too.
as I said, I doubt it would be the end in any way,

but using an artificial, virtual reality to affect the mind of the real people would explain many game limitations AND give the MC/Zero the ability to affect the outside world later. Based on the recent comics or not.

AND would allow this to be set in an Evolution-based world while having inconsistencies that would not fit the Evo timeline, like an older Emma Frost while she is not present in Evolution and is 5 years younger than Cyclops and Jean in the comics (making her supposed to be the youngest among the girls in the game), or having a vampire Jubilee since that is DEFINITELY a comics-only thing. And then there is X-23's age and past, since in the Evo cartoon she was barely a teenager.

But let us be honest, I doubt Oni has thought about anything story-wise for a LONG time and the only reason this is Evolution-based is because he started with Rogue and Kitty with that design (which... I personaly like more anyway).

are there only two girls?
Nope.
At first it was just Rogue, then Kitty was added, X-23, Emma Frost, Jean, Ororo, and now the still-unfinished addition of Jubilee

Last edited:
Reactions: Testerguy19

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
There is of course Wolfsbane, Scarlet, Psylocke, Mystique, Magma, Dazzler, Boom Boom... still waiting patiently for.

Hell, Oni could add in the bulk of the girls from the X-Men universe, not matter with the timeline which really, does anyone really give a fuck about in a parody game?

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Emma, laura, jubilee and technically Jean are from different universes not the Evo one. I'd love boom boom tbh she was quite fun in the show.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Konpon

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
There is of course Wolfsbane, Scarlet, Psylocke, Mystique, Magma, Dazzler, Boom Boom... still waiting patiently for.

Hell, Oni could add in the bulk of the girls from the X-Men universe, not matter with the timeline which really, does anyone really give a fuck about in a parody game?
Or add 90's Rogue for that matter; granted that I don't have high expectations for any more girls being added, but 90's Rogue interacting with Evolution Rogue...

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Emma, laura, jubilee and technically Jean are from different universes not the Evo one. I'd love boom boom tbh she was quite fun in the show.
Laura is from the Evo universe. I mean, her debut was in Evo. She was the Harley or Livewire to Marvel, basically.

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
What? No she's not.
Laura Kinney (X-23) debuted in the american cartoon called X-Men: Evolution in 2003. She later debuted in the comic book mini-series called NYX in 2004. I should add: NYX was a crappy mini-series for Laura, but I did like the protagonist in it, Kiden Nixon. Too bad no writer could write her (Kiden's) books well throughout the later decades. Laura eventually got her own miniseries after, before eventually getting absorbed into the X-Men books proper.

Last edited:

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
Here's a corrected android version of 998c:

- - -

Apologies, I'd forgotten that Oni has a bit of code that fucks up starting a new game when dev mode is active, that code has been removed for this release. Otherwise, it's the same as what I uploaded yesterday: non-modded except for my splash screen. This will update cleanly on my 998a apk, and my previously fucked up 998c apk.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes