myechomyshadowandme

Nov 9, 2021
Is this the prototype?

https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-chonky-mod-v0-3-ron-chon.125779/post-8779167

If it is, then I have no idea how to get it to work.

Does it need to be installed?

If so, then how do you install it?
The prototype for Ron Chon's new project is . He's just calling it Project Redacted for now. He is no longer working on Chonky Mod, this is what he's doing now. Seeing a lot of people confused about that. He has a download for an early version of the game on this Google folder. It's really rough right now, but it's an early prototype so that's to be expected.

After seeing more of the art, yeah, not really into this artstyle, but mostly because of the clash it has with the backgrounds. If the backgrounds were more painted and shaded like the characters, they wouldn't look so out of place. I also think it'd be better if the characters were larger on the screen. Right now they look really tiny in comparison to the surroundings, plus there's a clear disparity between the resolutions of the background art and the character art which just stands out more with the weird sizing of the characters.

Not sure if Ron is still looking at these threads but like, I think if you scaled these characters up a bit it'd look better.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I've just tried the Project Redacted, the new shape of Ron's game and...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The artslyle looks closer to that of the comics than the cartoon from the og source.

I've also read the in depth description of the way things will be like in the game, and I don't really dig it. Stats will be Love and Trust, no Obedience or Inhibition. 0 Love means hatred, 100 means absolute love. Trust is like friendship or something, so with high friendship and low love a girl could strip in front of you without thinking of mounting yo dick. Kinda like the gay friend, bruh.

You can lock yourself from having at it with the girls if you make the wrong choices, meaning no more roleplay with benefits. Honestly, what's the point of giving you different options in a game when only one is the right choice? You're either stuck with giving out of character answers or losing on the cooch. Reminds me of games like Persona, where you make relationships with people and gain friendship points depending on how you talk with them, meaning you can't say whatever you feel is the funnier or most interesting thing, you feel forced to say the optimal answer for gameplay reasons. It does seem that going the harem route is still viable, tho.

Progression with relationships will be tied to story events like bad guys attacking the school and your answer to some moral thing determining wether you hump dem chicks or not.

I'm sure there'll be mixed feelings about this, but while I can get by the new artstyle and the Oni art mod seems easy to implement, I just don't like the direction of the mechanics and story. To me, how shapeless Oni's game was is a great point, because I could start dozens of playthroughs and do things any way. Raise a girl's inhibition to make her into a pervy whore without having had sex or anything. Going the obedience route and make them into slaves, acting all straight Don Juan and getting in their pants in the first day, or being mildy friendly or even totally passive and let them get closer to you. Damn, even the edgy route where you're bold and bad mannered works of you know how to. All in all, this looks like trying to give the game a defining shape cuts out all the posibilities your own imagination can provide. I don't know what you guys will think, but I'll keep hoping for an Expanded mod that works with the latest updates of the normal game.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018

The artslyle looks closer to that of the comics than the cartoon from the og source.

I've also read the in depth description of the way things will be like in the game, and I don't really dig it. Stats will be Love and Trust, no Obedience or Inhibition. 0 Love means hatred, 100 means absolute love. Trust is like friendship or something, so with high friendship and low love a girl could strip in front of you without thinking of mounting yo dick. Kinda like the gay friend, bruh.

You can lock yourself from having at it with the girls if you make the wrong choices, meaning no more roleplay with benefits. Honestly, what's the point of giving you different options in a game when only one is the right choice? You're either stuck with giving out of character answers or losing on the cooch. Reminds me of games like Persona, where you make relationships with people and gain friendship points depending on how you talk with them, meaning you can't say whatever you feel is the funnier or most interesting thing, you feel forced to say the optimal answer for gameplay reasons. It does seem that going the harem route is still viable, tho.

Progression with relationships will be tied to story events like bad guys attacking the school and your answer to some moral thing determining wether you hump dem chicks or not.

I'm sure there'll be mixed feelings about this, but while I can get by the new artstyle and the Oni art mod seems easy to implement, I just don't like the direction of the mechanics and story. To me, how shapeless Oni's game was is a great point, because I could start dozens of playthroughs and do things any way. Raise a girl's inhibition to make her into a pervy whore without having had sex or anything. Going the obedience route and make them into slaves, acting all straight Don Juan and getting in their pants in the first day, or being mildy friendly or even totally passive and let them get closer to you. Damn, even the edgy route where you're bold and bad mannered works of you know how to. All in all, this looks like trying to give the game a defining shape cuts out all the posibilities your own imagination can provide. I don't know what you guys will think, but I'll keep hoping for an Expanded mod that works with the latest updates of the normal game.

This is looking very interesting...thanks for the heads up. But what you said about how the mechanics/story, I must say it will be different completely from RLE itself.

(Oh shit headless Rogue, also you can't go backward or forward with scrolling on the mouse. Yikes. I hope this feature returns just like how RLE does function.

Last edited:

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
The prototype for Ron Chon's new project is here. He's just calling it Project Redacted for now. He is no longer working on Chonky Mod, this is what he's doing now. Seeing a lot of people confused about that. He has a download for an early version of the game on this Google folder. It's really rough right now, but it's an early prototype so that's to be expected.

After seeing more of the art, yeah, not really into this artstyle, but mostly because of the clash it has with the backgrounds. If the backgrounds were more painted and shaded like the characters, they wouldn't look so out of place. I also think it'd be better if the characters were larger on the screen. Right now they look really tiny in comparison to the surroundings, plus there's a clear disparity between the resolutions of the background art and the character art which just stands out more with the weird sizing of the characters.

Not sure if Ron is still looking at these threads but like, I think if you scaled these characters up a bit it'd look better.

Cheers and thanks, I can get more glimpses of the info.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020

Look at the bright side, atleast now you can get the true wizard route instead of getting your chance at wizardhood stolen by hyper-sexual mutant sluts against your will :cry:

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
After seeing more of the art, yeah, not really into this artstyle, but mostly because of the clash it has with the backgrounds. If the backgrounds were more painted and shaded like the characters, they wouldn't look so out of place.
IIRC the backgrounds are a relic of Chonky Mod and likely a placeholder, they're either upscaled Oni backgrounds or ones made from the backgrounds used in the Evo cartoon. Ron has also said that the art he has shown so far was an early draft and that he was still fine tuning things with the artist.

You can lock yourself from having at it with the girls if you make the wrong choices, meaning no more roleplay with benefits
The mechanics are still very much a work in progress , so I imagine that he'll be adding other stats in the future once he introduces more mechanics. As of 8 days ago he just began adding some rudimentary dating mechanics, while the previous commits on the github were mostly concerning performance, UI and a few initial Laura events.

The project hasn't even reached the 0.1 stage, it's barely a thing.

I'm willing to give Ron the benefit of the doubt in this regard.

To me, how shapeless Oni's game was is a great point, because I could start dozens of playthroughs and do things any way.
I'm not a big fan of giving the MC too much of a defined background, but I imagine implementing different backgrounds to choose from won't be that hard, and how well received the story beats are going to be depend on the quality of the writing.

Last edited:

Artcool

Nov 7, 2019
Completed: Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Laura(X-23), Jean Grey, Storm, Charles Xavier(Go to his office at night;)).
In game, with some interactions left: Jubilee.
Cameo: Gwenpool.
Thats cool. Thanks. Does the dev have any other plans? Like adding other chars in the game? Mystique or Psylocke?

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
IIRC the backgrounds are a relic of Chonky Mod and likely a placeholder, they're either upscaled Oni backgrounds or ones made from the backgrounds used in the Evo cartoon. Ron has also said that the art he has shown so far was an early draft and that he was still fine tuning things with the artist.

The mechanics are still very much a work in progress , so I imagine that he'll be adding other stats in the future once he introduces more mechanics. As of 8 days ago he just began adding some rudimentary dating mechanics, while the previous commits on the github were mostly concerning performance, UI and a few initial Laura events.

The project hasn't even reached the 0.1 stage, it's barely a thing.

I'm willing to give Ron the benefit of the doubt in this regard.

I'm not a big fan of giving the MC too much of a defined background, but I imagine implementing different backgrounds to choose from won't be that hard, and how well received the story beats are going to be depend on the quality of the writing.
Well, I commented on what I read about the project in that doc in the drive, which seems to talk about his vision for a much more fleshed out game. So I don't know how much he's willing to deviate from that description, especially given how he's not doing this for profit and rather for a personal passion.

Reactions: Ghostload
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes