• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Rogue-like: Evolution [v1.51f] [Oni]

1. 5.00 star(s)

leathermax

Perfect. The art for the girls is great, the writing for the scenes is very well done, the game is easy enought that you can pretty much do whatever you want, and you'll still get to the good stuff, which gives you the possibility of roleplaying, something that's not very common in this sort of games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Nivla456

Really Love the Parody to the Characters, this should be well liked to the fans of xmen, like the art and sex script it has high potential but looks like it is not much given attention of the developer sooo it has very slow updates half a month if you are lucky still a good game to enjoy. really a shame it is near finish while they can still put a lot of content and script to it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Elrox

Pretty good stuff! The character designs are swell and the scenes are nice. The progressions for the characters can get a bit formulaic. The attack plans are a cool touch, but it seems there's a natural cap on how useful they actually are, meaning you won't even really have a reason to use more than a few of them, it seems to me.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

arabiancock123

it prefect. 3 different factor that can base your relation. ı like this side of the game. and choise of 5 different girl. ı wish it would be more. ı would wait for more to come. by the way some times their lust (or what ever was that factor ı dont remember) efect rise can couse your domination relation ship was never happend. like ı want to return to be master slave relation but other tipe relations become more effective.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kloyd

It's a really good game
    And I like to play it a lot I need to spam now cause I've said all I can say
    I LIKE YA CUT G
    ZA WARUDO TOKIWA TOMARE
    ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Jason Stuckler

I've been on and off checking the progress of this game for around two years (I think), and I probably should have left a review sooner. I always forget. I think this game is great. I've seen how it's progressed the past two years, and I love the game.

The amount of variety in choices in order to give my character more personality is great. I'm not great at reviewing, but at least I can say I'd definitely recommend it.

As for any criticism, I have absolutely none. All I have are some preferences as to how the game could be better that don't matter. And really it's only that there isn't more "Main-story" content beyond the first scene after arriving at the school. I'd have liked being able to see the character using his abilities for more than getting laid or things like that.

Regardless, I'm very happy to play the game and plan to follow it still, and support it on the various sites as soon as I can.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

The3rdOne

This game has extremely good progression mechanics and a great story to match. If you pick the wrong choice, it doesn't punish you by setting you back 20 minutes of work, instead it's a system where picking the right choice feels good and the wrong choice doesn't hurt as much. Graphics are pretty decent especially for a RenPy game and the dialogue is well made.

I only issue I have with the game is the menu system during scenes and wardrobe changes. It's sometimes buggy, slow, or unintuitive but most of the time it does it's job.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

ArgentMoon

I love this game to death. To be honest, there is no way for me to talk about this and not be biased. I've played it since X-23 wasn't even fully in the game, and have avidly followed it's progress from there. All of the characters have unique personalities, styles, and ways of having sex. As a result, the four characters stand out more as people. (I'm sure more will be added, and there is even a mod for more content for this if the base content's roster isn't large enough for you.) Now, this game has virtually nothing in the way of story, and in fact is something I typically despise in a game like this, open world. Well, sort of. The unfortunate truth is that while the Ren'py engine can be used to make them, compelling open world experiences are rare on this engine. It's no RPGM, and the skills and attributes you must raise are a pain in most Ren'py games that include them, as are the other "Open World" elements creators use to make up for otherwise pathetic run times.

R.L.E., I can confidently say, does not have these issues. The world requires very little exploring (all items that the player cares about can be bought in the bedroom, and rooms are exactly what they say on the tin). Unlike a fair number of games out there, this title does not attempt to make itself play like a point and click from the 90s. In fact, due to how small the area you move through is, it feels more like a light sandbox than virtually any other game in this style and genre that I've personally played. Though, I will say that R.L.E. does have a strange habit of adding in some features that feel like they weren't fully thought out, or weren't implemented properly. These elements don't severely hurt the game, but they do serve to make me scratch my head. For example: level ups.

There are only three major stats that you can improve: these are the rate at which you can earn money, your stamina (the sexual kind), and how fast you can improve your relationships with other characters. The third can be a little on the grindy side. Experience is gained relatively quickly over time as long as you constantly train and go to class. Money gives massive bonuses to your relationships when spent correctly, and is a massive time saver. The game is essentially figuring out where the girls are going to be, what they like, and generally what the fastest way to grind relationship points is for each character. The only grinds that are really bad are for characters that aren't fully implemented yet, or if you try to seduce one of the women without having gotten through their event. (e.g. you need to catch Emma Frost masturbating after class to kick start your relationship with her.) Thankfully, there is only one of these “kickstart” events per character.

With all that said, I do have a question: why would you base it off of level ups based on time played? The question might sound silly, but let me explain my confusion. There are other games (which I'm not allowed to mention by name due to the "reviewing rules") that, while admittedly tend to be in the visual novel genre, do a better job at achieving a sense of progression. Rather than just grind through same-y conversations with the different characters, would you not have more detailed preset conversations that feel more personal, and where real decisions can be made? Without question, the best writing in the game is when characters take you aside and open up to you. A sense of progression is something that almost every other competent game I’ve played has done better than R.L.E.. It’s almost at the perfect balance, but it’s way too tilted in that category.

Another head-scratcher is the three relationship types you can have with the lovely ladies: friends with benefits, lovers, or master and servant. Unfortunately, for those excited by the last option, don't bother coming here for that. Another one of my few notable complaints about this experience is how vanilla it can feel. The only things that your type of relationship affects is slight differences in dialogue, and minor variations on dates. The actions that you can do with your sexual partners are largely unaffected by the path(s) you choose. This is a subjective opinion of course, but I think that having less characters for more detailed control would have been a worthwhile tradeoff, or maybe having characters represent specific fetishes would have helped. Regardless, it feels like the creator(s) missed an opportunity to make a solid game that much better.

Back to positives, holding this experience up beyond (mostly) engaging gameplay is fantastic art, well crafted animations, and respectable (thoroughly underutilized) writing. Even when I've unlocked everything I have an interest in, I still play it on occasion because the game is infinitely playable. Once you've unlocked everything you can still take the girls on dates, talk, and sleep with all of the girls without loading a save. Kinda like some other famous games, R.L.E. has no real ending it just becomes a sandbox to do whatever you want with. I highly recommend you give this game a chance. It is and always will be one of my favorite games I've played in the lands of smut.

P.S. There is a fantastic cheat mod for this game that negates any grind present, and as mentioned, mod(s) that expand the game’s already impressive pool of content. They can all be found on F95. I recommend playing it with only the extra content mod, and wait to make yourself a god until at least one playthrough.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

YamiKoroVT

This Game gets the Harem God Seal Of Approval for many reasons
    1. Art: The art work is so good the shading of the characters makes them look like the actual show
    2.Nostalgia: My name aint Doug but i cant help but to be nostalgic while playing this game I can hear the dialogue if as if the words ascended into an audio frequency
    3. Characters: i love the constant addition of characters into game( still waiting for a certain pink white costumed be added in) help make up for the small lack of story. The character interactions seem to be less awkward and never really feel forced. Laura and kitty are best girls fight me!!:mad:
    4. Setting: Though i get to live out a dream of living in comic universe the limited travel options make feel as if a monochrome bear is lurking somewhere
    5.Scenes: the scenes are pretty good can look awkward at times but they are incredibly well drawn like i said before the art is really good
    6.Obligitory Bitches and Gripes: this game needs a story and perhaps a mission mode ... what you were expecting me to complain more... nah i must return to my realm H.G out Peace
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Bob Wanker

Rogue-like: Evolution is a game that separates itself from the majority with its unique take on eroticism and hand drawn art style. This game doesn't have traditionally depictive sexual interaction, instead it opts for a more psychological approach, which leaves out the more in depth detail, but in turn allows the player to have more control over the scene itself. Maybe this doesn't sound like your cup of tea? It didn't sound like mine either. But I gave it a try anyway and found I really enjoyed the artistic gameplay style the dev was going for. The games file size is small, so take a break from the honey select clones and give it a try.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Dringar

What this game lacks in a 3d driven content, it makes up for it creativity repeatability, and the attention to detail of hand drawn characters. The problems of compatibility between updates as of late has been frustrating but over all this is a game that should leave most wanting more and impatiently waiting for the next update!
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Shenanigami

While the art is good and the training/control aspects are hot, this is still the sort of game that entertains for a few short hours and then you just delete it and wait months for a tiny crumb of new content. I think it's clear to all of us that Oni's just milking their patrons at this point.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

safadobr

This game have all the elements a 10/10 ren'py game has:

-More scenes unlocks as you progress
    -All scenes are repeatable
    -Has a good amount of fetishes scenes, and good ones
    -Different girls to bang with the same sex options available
    -Good art
  14. 4.00 star(s)

mahdiyar

this review is for v0.991e
    hi guys this is my review for this game i hope you like it.

pros:
    - the art of this game is soo good i never see any game with art like this
    - the dialogues of this game is so fantastic
    - clothes art is so good
    - the art of characters is not gonna to be regular for you after play long time the game and i think this is a magic of this game
    - back grounds is so cool
    - there is so many clothes to you buy and gift them
    - sex system is so big and so cool and you can almost do every pose and sex stuff you like
    cons:

- this game dont have any song and this is bad for the game like this
    - menus of the game is so messy and i think the developer must make a better menu system and make it simple
    - the wardrobe of this game is big and button system for change wardrobe is so bad system and it must be a window for choose a dress
    - there is have some bugs in character moves and talk when we have 2 character in one scenes

this was my review for this game i hope you like it.
    (sorry for bad english )
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1882281

Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete
  16. 3.00 star(s)

IamUnderman

An extremely solid BASE to a good game, with a clever concept. The sex scenes are some of the most customizable I've ever seen and the general artstyle is strong. Lots of little details too.

I do however think this game is overrated because it lacks in overall content and story. Therefore it fails to properly work as either a sandbox or visual novel style game, there just isn't enough to do or see. It's a fun thing to mess with for like 30 mins, but honestly is reminds me of something like superdeepthroat more than anything.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

stubbly_pubes

[Review of v0.990l]

A no-BS dating sim/trainer with above-average art and serviceable writing, though with not much in the way of plot. Unlike a lot of similar games, Rouge-like knows how to dangle a reward in front of the player without burning them out through tedious hoop-jumping in order to get that reward. It's the sexy kind of tease, not the annoying one.

It's odd how much I enjoy being able to make the characters wear specific outfits after enough time investment. I know it isn't a new thing for trainers, but seeing Rogue around campus in nothing but thigh-highs is incredibly gratifying.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Lorenz1

Whoever reads it after 2020 - check this shit out for nostalgia sake.

Newest quarantine update (Aprils fools) is the funnies shit I saw in a very long time. Like, X-man mutant school in quarantine. With phone sex, social distancing (in hentai game) and health advices. Seriously, it is the funny as hell. And so close to home that it is strange.

Cause, you know, it feels real because it fucking is.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

asaxq

May not be the preties game or most pack with story, but its polished and constend devolempment and having always something to do is amazing. The art style and Story is awesome. Game is easy to understand and fun to dive and spend hours and hours.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

frankensteiner316

yeah the updates are scarce and dont add much but i have no doubt its the best game on this site, in fact its probably my favorite jerk off game. Great mechanics that admittedly are sometimes wonky, but you have 4 characters who are fully fleshed out to interact with in a number of ways. Cant recommend this game enough tbh.