imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
i went to the mall and the game crashed. Rollback doesn't take me far enough. I have no prior saves, it's my first time playing. Help!
start over?

if you have no prior saves or auto saves, you don't really have any options.
i would also reinstall the game just to be sure.

Apr 1, 2019
i went to the mall and the game crashed. Rollback doesn't take me far enough. I have no prior saves, it's my first time playing. Help!
if you have no prior saves or auto saves, you don't really have any options.
So, firstly, it's worth noting that the lack of options is untrue. There are in fact a few options.

While rollback will only take you to just before the crash, you may be able to go back further with the scroll wheel or the back option. If that doesn't work:

First, try to read what the actual error in the crash is. Depending on the specifics, there's a few possible options of how to proceed.

If it's minor enough, you might be able to just tell the game to ignore the crash and proceed. However, there is also a reasonable chance this won't work. In that case, you may need to go to one of the options that requires some modification of game files.

If the problem is just something like an undeclared variable, you can use the debug console to declare it. This requires that you enable the console (see the first post under the "Console Variables" spoiler for instruction on how to do this). Once the console is enabled, use Shift+O to open the console, then you may type in the variable and declare a value for it. What that value should be can vary depending on context. It might need to be a number, it could be a bool that needs a value of true or false, it could be a string pointing to a specific image file or animation, or it could be a girl, meaning you'll need to point it to the relevant girl by setting it equal to RogueX or the like. Hopefully the name/context given in the error log will make it clear.

You can also use the above if the problem is a variable that has a bad or invalid value of some nature by setting it to a valid value.

If that doesn't seem to be a viable fix, or it just doesn't work, you may be able to get results by editing game files. The easiest would be a missing image file, in which case you can look at the name of said missing image file (and the location), and make the relevant file, even if it's just an entirely blank image. Otherwise, you can use something to extract the game files (like ), find the one noted in the crash log, and tweak the code so it won't crash. This does admittedly does require some knowledge of coding, so may or may not be something you can readily pull off depending on your skill/understanding/comfort level with coding.

If none of that works (or you're not comfortable doing it), there is always the option to start a new game, as previously suggested.

AngryGorilla

Jan 25, 2019
Something is wrong with the addiction adjustment. I try to get it to baseline and it resets to minimum. Or I can up it to max. But not baseline.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes