Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
It doesn't have the same freedom that RLE has. Personally, I would call it a linear sandbox.
It also doesn't matter how good a sandbox they can make, because forcing you to play through the story also ruins the replayability.
I got through most of 0.2 then got kinda bored. Now no one shares saves for 0.3vDICK and they just laugh at you if ya ask. I get we meme on people for RLE but come on. Honestly once it's like 0.5/0.6 OR 0.7 I may pick it up again because you finish year one then it's sandbox okay sure. But there's a decent amount you kinda have to go through before that occurs and you get a little sex along the way.. except you don't you can get handjob and that's it until the "finale" of what's there currently.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I might retry if someone drops a save with the first year skipped in the future, once there's enough to do in the sandbox part.
But the first part is awful at worst, if you don't dig the story, and boring to redo at best, because it take forever to go through it, even by Ctrl spam standards.

Reactions: armond

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I might retry if someone drops a save with the first year skipped in the future,
Here you go. Last played on v0.3a. Should have everything 100% up to that version.
But the first part is awful at worst, if you don't dig the story,
Then I've got bad news for you:

TNH is a narrative focused dating simulator with sandbox elements that focuses on monogynous or polyamorous relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: leathermax

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Its another game that began as a mod for RLE.
View attachment 3419970
That pic actually encapsulates a lot of the problems with TNH, they have a side character whose role it is to tell you that your playing the game wrong by talking down to you about it. Nightcrawler:"Heh, looks like you suck with women because you didn't bow before them and ask permission to make eye contact with her first." The game just has an almost antagonistic attitude towards the player is the feeling I get.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
That pic actually encapsulates a lot of the problems with TNH, they have a side character whose role it is to tell you that your playing the game wrong by talking down to you about it. Nightcrawler:"Heh, looks like you suck with women because you didn't bow before them and ask permission to make eye contact with her first."
Really? I didn't take that as a talking down. If anything, he sounds like Clippy.

• Haha
Reactions: magikiswaifu

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
I got through most of 0.2 then got kinda bored. Now no one shares saves for 0.3vDICK and they just laugh at you if ya ask. I get we meme on people for RLE but come on. Honestly once it's like 0.5/0.6 OR 0.7 I may pick it up again because you finish year one then it's sandbox okay sure. But there's a decent amount you kinda have to go through before that occurs and you get a little sex along the way.. except you don't you can get handjob and that's it until the "finale" of what's there currently.
Yes, I got bored too. At first everything was fine, but later the grind became so annoying that I just wanted to progress faster. When you run out of dialogue with girls, the sandbox part looks so shallow. It's just pointless grind for stats.
I love a good grind, that's why my favorite game genre is ARPG and sandbox, but this is not it.
I don't have a problem with the story, but I think it would have been better if it was just a VN.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes