Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Amy Locator [v1.5] [ea3794]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
and the game is now version 9.0 could plz update the mod just incase
Thanks for the head's up. I've been working hard on the mod actually. The mod itself became really hard to maintain due to how the game's logic is done. At first it was fine but while I was trying to update it for 6.0 onward I ran into lots of false positives during testing which really wasn't helping. I've been talking with the developer and started working on giving the mod a more additive spin (he wasn't particularly thrilled with the locator mod as it let players fly through the game). In later versions I also I noticed that knowing where people are doesn't really help the player progress through the game, the inability to make progress being the main reason people were using the mod in the first place.

To that extend, I decided to change how the mod works and replaced Amy's "mood/progress indicator" (top-left corner) with a button which opens up a new dialog. This dialog displays a list of flavor-text hints to help you as a player when you get stuck, allowing you to progress further. It will show things like "I need to discuss things with Amy over dinner" and "Let's try stealing Liza's panties". I've spent the past days/weeks going through all 369 events/flags for versions 3.5 through 8.0 to make that happen. For all events pre-3.5 I had to cook up my own list of "events" as there are no actual event flags. (There are 11 variables that all need to have specific values to proceed to 2.4 and 12 more in order to proceed to 3.5).

My biggest issue currently is a lack of time which is ironic considering the current state of the world. Problem is that I don't have my own bat cave to work in so I'm limited to only an hour or two every day to do any play testing :(

teffan69

Nov 8, 2018
Thx for your great work! :) So you have an idea when your mod could be done?

Last edited:

vlad123123

Feb 10, 2018
You can edit the file and replace def menu_replacement(items, set_expr): to def menu_replacement(items, set_expr, args, kwargs, item_arguments):

gamerworlssad

Mar 22, 2020
Sorry for the late reply, I'm not getting notifications for some reason. I'm not sure... according to renpy/exports.py the menu() function only takes two arguments (items, set_expr). I checked the Windows version of renpy/exports.py for Room for Rent v5.0 and I see the same two arguments. Do you have an old or modified version of RenPy perhaps?

please fix this mode please

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
please fix this mode please
There is a modified version of the mod available just a few posts above yours made by vlad123123 that should work with newer versions of the game. I'm still slowly updating this mod and did make some progress. Unfortunately I simply cannot work on it as much as I'd like. Preview:

1592697803006.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote