VN Others Completed Room No. 9 [Final] [Parade]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Great game, I think I'm about halfway through.

The settings have voice volume, sex sounds, etc, but I don't hear any of that. I just get background music and clicky sounds from the menu.
Anybody else experiencing that?

lynxchan

Sep 7, 2020
This was actually quite a good read, the lack of explicit romance was a bit disappointing but it makes sense and fit with the story and themes.

rabid_cur

Jan 10, 2022
i know parade is clockup's daughter company or something, but i wonder if the illustrations are done by the same person for both their games. the art style here reminds me a lot of fraternite.
hopefully since clockup's got plenty of vanilla shit, we get some from parade too... i just wanna see men enjoy gay sex for once

Mar 9, 2018
Just putting this here in case anyone that wanted to try this is wondering:

You are literally the brunette in the story, the game does not do what Pride and Submission does and switch perspectives after the introduction you remain as that brunette. So if you were misled into thinking you will be controlling an offscreen "big brother" who would be making the choices against these boy's whims (or had someone tell that to you like I was). You are not.

Speaking of choices, the game does NOT let you choose the choices displayed on the tv screen in game. The characters will straight up do it. The choices you do get to make are the smaller choices that will abruptly pop up on you in the middle of the ACTUAL choices that the characters already decided on. While yes, those smaller choices are what the game focuses on to shape the narrative...it honestly took away the fun because the real choices were being done by the characters during the cutscene.

Oh, and this game has long. LOOOONG cutscenes. So, if you don't have a lover of heavy reading, have loads of time on your hands, and is patient with the slow pacing of the plot (even with the skip button, it takes a long time to reach the choice options) you will have struggle with the game.

It's still a good game for those who enjoy psychological horror, just not for those who wanted a more controlling approach on it (being the one to decide the fate of the characters suffering and not BEING one of the characters suffering in it).

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Just putting this here in case anyone that wanted to try this is wondering:

You are literally the brunette in the story, the game does not do what Pride and Submission does and switch perspectives after the introduction you remain as that brunette. So if you were misled into thinking you will be controlling an offscreen "big brother" who would be making the choices against these boy's whims (or had someone tell that to you like I was). You are not.

Speaking of choices, the game does NOT let you choose the choices displayed on the tv screen in game. The characters will straight up do it. The choices you do get to make are the smaller choices that will abruptly pop up on you in the middle of the ACTUAL choices that the characters already decided on. While yes, those smaller choices are what the game focuses on to shape the narrative...it honestly took away the fun because the real choices were being done by the characters during the cutscene.

Oh, and this game has long. LOOOONG cutscenes. So, if you don't have a lover of heavy reading, have loads of time on your hands, and is patient with the slow pacing of the plot (even with the skip button, it takes a long time to reach the choice options) you will have struggle with the game.

It's still a good game for those who enjoy psychological horror, just not for those who wanted a more controlling approach on it (being the one to decide the fate of the characters suffering and not BEING one of the characters suffering in it).
Gameplay is very clear from the start who MC is and that Seiji is the NPC.
Personally, I wish the reader could be Seiji during the sex/degradation scenes, since I'm a sub, but that's not the way the game is structured.

I find that a lot of Japanese yaoi games aren't very choice-heavy. there are choices, but they are few and far between. I have gotten used to it and their way of storytelling where the reader doesn't have that much input, but I understand people not liking it.
since wall of texts and few choices bother you, maybe Japanese yaoi games aren't for you.

Mar 9, 2018
Gameplay is very clear from the start who MC is and that Seiji is the NPC.
Personally, I wish the reader could be Seiji during the sex/degradation scenes, since I'm a sub, but that's not the way the game is structured.

I find that a lot of Japanese yaoi games aren't very choice-heavy. there are choices, but they are few and far between. I have gotten used to it and their way of storytelling where the reader doesn't have that much input, but I understand people not liking it.
since wall of texts and few choices bother you, maybe Japanese yaoi games aren't for you.
I understand you enjoy the game, I just wanted to leave that comment there so that people who are searching through the comments for more information on the game before playing it. I was told by someone that this was basically you playing as "big brother who decides what happens two these two characters", before I got to play it. And yes, the description on the first page tells what is going on in the game, but like I said I played a few games that started out from the character's perspective but then switches when the game actually starts. So, yeah, I felt that I needed to make it clear so no one else jumps into this game with misconceptions. I'm sorry if I sounded rude in the way I said it, I was still ticked off at being misinformed (the person who gave me the information wasn't malicious or anything, just interpret the game's gameply very differently than what it actually presented).

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I understand you enjoy the game, I just wanted to leave that comment there so that people who are searching through the comments for more information on the game before playing it. I was told by someone that this was basically you playing as "big brother who decides what happens two these two characters", before I got to play it. And yes, the description on the first page tells what is going on in the game, but like I said I played a few games that started out from the character's perspective but then switches when the game actually starts. So, yeah, I felt that I needed to make it clear so no one else jumps into this game with misconceptions. I'm sorry if I sounded rude in the way I said it, I was still ticked off at being misinformed (the person who gave me the information wasn't malicious or anything, just interpret the game's gameply very differently than what it actually presented).
I understand.
I just commented because I thought it was unfair that you had wrong expectations about who MC is when the game and image description is very clear about it. Now I know it was your friend's fault for selling you on gameplay that doesn't actually exist.
It would have been fun to choose between POVs. I wish that was a feature.

Reactions: justcuriousyouknow

lynxchan

Sep 7, 2020
Tbh I kinda wish they went into more detail with the plot, also I would have liked more guro content but alas

Also I never got why the fetish of straight guys bumming each other in VNs and BL content in general, the lack of non subtextual romance is a bit disappointing but hey, it had good production value I'll say that

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote