Tool RPGM RPG Maker Events [v1.07R2]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018

Intro.png

A tool to display the events codes in a comprehensible form for RPG Maker games (MV/MZ or XP/VX/VX Ace).

See file "ReadMe.txt" inside the attached zip files for more details.

Windows version attached: 64 bits version only.

Please feel free to report any troubles or bugs.

Versions

. 1.07R2 Bug fixes and two minor additions:
- conditional image (character/tile) added
for map files
- condition position used instead of code
block position for some old versions of
RPG Maker files
These two new functionalities can be
modified in the options screen (to
work like in the previous versions).

. 1.06 Bug fixes and minor changes:
- parameter outputs "Equal-like" option has been slightly completed
- some bug fixes for the parameter outputs "Json-like" option (thanks to D1K for the bug reports)

. 1.05 Parameters output type added:
- json type added for the display of the parameter outputs in the function calls
- options are now in a secondary screen opened with the 'Options...' button

. 1.04 Minor changes:
- display of trigger for map files added (see inside notes)

. 1.03 Bug fixes:
- bug fix in object reference for VX version

. 1.02 Minor changes:
- better variable and switch display in conditions (for common events, maps and troops)
- bug fix for variable conditions in maps

. 1.01 Minor changes:
- better variable display in conditions
- display of switchid/trigger for common events added (if used)
- some general data added for map files (display name, width and height)

. 1.00 Initial public version

Screen captures:
capture1.png capture2.png

Standard output file captures:
capture3.jpg capture4.png
Json-like output file captures:
capture3_1.jpg

*** EDIT ***

Removed the 32 bits version, as it is WRONGLY considered as a virus by some "minor" antivirus at Virus Total, and so by the AV system of this web site.

Last edited:

D1K

Apr 5, 2018
pcnop I'm interested to ask about the format of the output data. Specifically about these:
  1. PlaySE({"name":"Move","pitch":100,"volume":80})
  2. TintScreen(RGBGrey = [0, 0, 0, 0], Frames = 1, Wait = true)
I use NodeJS to parse everything I can. The first type of output is much easier to process than the second. So, this difference in the list of parameters is due to some serious reasons or it is possible to add the option "json-like parameter list"?

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
pcnop I'm interested to ask about the format of the output data. Specifically about these:
I use NodeJS to parse everything I can. The first type of output is much easier to process than the second. So, this difference in the list of parameters is due to some serious reasons or it is possible to add the option "json-like parameter list"?

First, the reason of this difference...

This tool has been started for RPG Maker MV/MZ only. For these engines, the data are different for music instructions and for the other instructions.

For instance, for a TintScreen instruction:
Code:
{"code":223,"indent":0,"parameters":[[255,255,255,0],60,true]}
   "translated into"
TintScreen(RGBGrey = [255, 255, 255, 0], Frames = 60, Wait = true)

And for a PlaySE instruction:
Code:
{"code":250,"indent":0,"parameters":[{"name":"Move6","volume":90,"pitch":100,"pan":0}]}
   "translated into"
PlaySE({"name":"Move6","volume":90,"pitch":100,"pan":0})

So, for telling the truth, I've been a little lazy here by not parsing the json data for the music instructions, like I do for the other ones (which are not using a "json presentation").

When I've extended the tool to the other RPG Maker engines (XP, VX, VX Ace), I've felt more coherent to use the same outputs as for the previous engines (i.e. MV/MZ).

Now, I guess I could "standardized" all the parameter outputs. The most simple would be to parse the music json data and to present them in the same way as for the other instructions. But this would not help you (on the contrary).

Well, I'm going to see if a can add easily an option for that: "standard" (as currently), json-like or "=-using". But I'll have to add an option extra screen first (there is not enough space on the main screen for all these options).

Reactions: D1K

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018

I've uploaded a new version (i.e. 1.05) of my tool, which has now the option to produce json-like data for the parameter outputs in the function calls (see capture3_1); and only for the "function calls" (like AFunction(param1, param2, ...)).

This option is available (as for the other options) in the secondary option screen (see capture1_1).

I'm not sure it's fully exploitable by an automatic json tool; or if it's really what you've got in mind when writing your former post.

Plus, there are a lot of cases, a lot of instructions and several engines to support, so it's not impossible that some issues are still present. Let me know if it is the case.

Reactions: yoyomistro and D1K
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote