Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV .RPGMV* File Decryptor

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Looks/sounds like a different method of encrypting then~

NaorM
Hi petschko first off all i want to Thank you so much for me your'e my Champion :)
I was able to decipher the RPGMVP files of the game A New Dawn To PNG files,
but now i have a few question and i would be happy if you can help please.

After I've decrypted the files, it's possible to delete the RPGMVP files and replace them with the PNG files I received?
I mean if the files I converted won't interfere with the proper operation of the game?
Will the game be able to work properly and smoothly like before the decryption?

T.H.N.K.S. for your work i really appreciate it
Thanks I'm happy you like it so far!

Well its not possible to delete the encrypted ones, because the game still needs the encrypted images to run, you would need to re"compile" the game without encryption to make it work. Would maybe possible to automate, since its somewhere defined that they are encrypted^^

Last edited:

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Looks/sounds like a different method of encrypting then~
NaorM

Thanks I'm happy you like it so far!

Well its not possible to delete the encrypted ones, because the game still needs the encrypted images to run, you would need to re"compile" the game without encryption to make it work. Would maybe possible to automate, since its somewhere defined that they are encrypted^^
It is possible. You just need to go to www/data/System.json and change hasEncryptedImages and hasEncryptedAudio to false.

Reactions: petschko

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Ah well i didnt played around with it much, since i dont see the use-case but its good to know its possible thank you!^^

Johnny Smacky

Feb 8, 2021
Found this tool that works pretty well too. Pretty simple use, just find the folder and it'll decrypt the files.

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Found this tool that works pretty well too. Pretty simple use, just find the folder and it'll decrypt the files.
Yes thats the Java-Version, sadly not really updated by me (it works meh IMO)

BTW: I updated the Web-Version
- Now Encryption-Key can be found by using an encrypted image from the Project (.rpgmvp / .png_) See:
- RPG-Maker-MZ-Files are now supported for en & decryption (basically same encryption just different file extensions -> .png_, .ogg_ & .m4a_) See:

Hope you like the changes^^

Reactions: Archast

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Added an Keyless Image-Restoring, Better CMD-Support & Update-Check plus update feature to the Java-Version and many other stuff

I removed all SUN-Java imports, so any Java Vendor works now. I'm currently working on it to make it more useable since it wasnt really nice to begin with.
Also I finally want to display loaded files and so on...

So my recent Updates:

- Whats new in Version 0.1.4:
- Whats new in Version 0.1.5:
- Whats new in Version 0.2.0:
- Whats new in Version 0.3.0:

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Well I finished an other one, which was mostly cleanup of my code and restructure^^

But I also added the File-List of the Project-Files and the loaded Project-Information!

- Whats new in Version 0.4.0:

Feb 7, 2018
Is the encrypt function available yet for the java edition 0.4.1 alpha?
I noticed that despite selecting on an image in the project file list, the options such as selected files and encrypt is still grayed out.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
petschko Is there a way to extract the _encryptionKey from a compiled rpg_core.bin, or load your readKeyFromGame script outside of rpg_core?