RPG Maker MZ - How to add Gif

I.S H

Nov 29, 2020
Does anybody know how I can add Gif's into my RPG Maker MZ engine?

I know how to make a loop with pictures/frames, but I don't like how MZ handles this process.

Say I have 10 pictures/10 frames which loop perfectly with eachother on the windows images software, when added into MZ the loop works fine, but there is a very tiny brake that is impossible to miss, it brakes the immersion I am trying to create.

I'm uploading a Gif I made just now to show you what I mean by "Brake" :
Broken loop.gif

My looping method:
Loop 1.png
Loop 2.png

Thus, I came to the conclusion, how do I add Gif's into MZ?
I saw a video on YouTube, let me post it for you guys:

But I'm having trouble with this person's plugin.

If I my self with my video editing software 'Movavi video editor plus 2020' take a Gif and make it into a WEBM format, and then added into the Movies section of the game I am creating, it does not work, this persons plugin refuses to work.

Yet, if I take the Gif, and go on an online converter, and make the Gif into a WEBM format through the converter website, then added into the Movies section of the game I am creating, it works, but, it plays super fast, and it does the same "brake" as it does with the image/frame-looping method.

I am not familiar with coding, so creating my own code to do this is literally asking for the impossible.

I've seen plenty of people in their games make nice loops with images, yet I am not aware of which plugin they are using... :unsure:

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Does anybody know how I can add Gif's into my RPG Maker MZ engine?

I know how to make a loop with pictures/frames, but I don't like how MZ handles this process.

Say I have 10 pictures/10 frames which loop perfectly with eachother on the windows images software, when added into MZ the loop works fine, but there is a very tiny brake that is impossible to miss, it brakes the immersion I am trying to create.

I'm uploading a Gif I made just now to show you what I mean by "Brake" :
View attachment 3015454

My looping method:
View attachment 3015461
View attachment 3015463

Thus, I came to the conclusion, how do I add Gif's into MZ?
I saw a video on YouTube, let me post it for you guys:

But I'm having trouble with this person's plugin.

If I my self with my video editing software 'Movavi video editor plus 2020' take a Gif and make it into a WEBM format, and then added into the Movies section of the game I am creating, it does not work, this persons plugin refuses to work.

Yet, if I take the Gif, and go on an online converter, and make the Gif into a WEBM format through the converter website, then added into the Movies section of the game I am creating, it works, but, it plays super fast, and it does the same "brake" as it does with the image/frame-looping method.

I am not familiar with coding, so creating my own code to do this is literally asking for the impossible.

I've seen plenty of people in their games make nice loops with images, yet I am not aware of which plugin they are using... :unsure:

Any ideas?
I use that same plugin, and it works for me. At least for WEBM's.

This is the script I use:
Screenshot 2023-10-18 092530.png