RPG Maker Unite

rogue_69

Nov 9, 2021
I bit the bullet, and bought it. After a few days, I'm back using RPG Maker MV. Unite for some reason created their own animation system and physics system, instead of using the native animator and colliders in Unity. They also put the characters and events on a UI layer, instead of just using a regular sprite renderer like they do with the map tiles. Because of this, you can't even use URP to do cool lighting, because it won't affect characters. The asset doesn't create prefabs, but instead creates the characters at runtime, so you can't even go into a prefab to make changes to it. Overall, I don't understand why they even launched it on Unity. They don't even seem to be interested in utilizing anything that engine can do.

Reactions: LS47

FloppySausage

Jan 10, 2021
I bit the bullet, and bought it. After a few days, I'm back using RPG Maker MV. Unite for some reason created their own animation system and physics system, instead of using the native animator and colliders in Unity. They also put the characters and events on a UI layer, instead of just using a regular sprite renderer like they do with the map tiles. Because of this, you can't even use URP to do cool lighting, because it won't affect characters. The asset doesn't create prefabs, but instead creates the characters at runtime, so you can't even go into a prefab to make changes to it. Overall, I don't understand why they even launched it on Unity. They don't even seem to be interested in utilizing anything that engine can do.
Which is better if I wanted to make clickable images?
MZ, where I can buy a plugin, or Unite?

Man don't hop

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
Which is better if I wanted to make clickable images?
MZ, where I can buy a plugin, or Unite?
You can use MV or MZ for something like that. The plugin is called Picture Common events and allows you to call events by selecting them. If you need a demo on how to use it up me up and I'll show you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FloppySausage

FloppySausage

Jan 10, 2021
I haven't done much with clickable images, but if it was me, I'd definitely go with MZ. Just the fact that the RPGM community is active with MZ, but isn't with Unite is reason enough.
Yeah I did a lot of searching and not many people bother with Unite.
It's not even counted as a successor to MZ due to the different use of coding and engine.

You can use MV or MZ for something like that. The plugin is called Picture Common events and allows you to call events by selecting them. If you need a demo on how to use it up me up and I'll show you.
Thankye kindly, good sir.
I also found which I've familiarised myself with a bit.
I only asked as I was curious on how much Unite was improved and wondered if they finally made it easy to configure keyboard and mouse.
I find MZ and the like can get a bit messy with event planning, or complex when you branch things out.
Sometimes it kills my drive but hey, that's game making I guess.

Reactions: rogue_69

pokiller

May 5, 2018
As a gamer, i am more interested in how to edit/mod the game from RPG Maker Unite, do we have any tool available already?