RPGM Displays Wrong Game Icon

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
So here's the deal. Sometime after downloading the game Soul Saver, I started noticing that similar versions of RPGM games starting using Soul Saver's icon as the game window's icon.

For example, Slave's Sword now displays Soul Saver's icon.
This is what it looks like now.

Soul's Sword.png

This is what Slave's Sword's icon is suppose to look like.

icon.png

This is an issue that has spread to several other RPGM games, old and new, but not every one of them.
I've deleted everything inside of Soul Saver's folder, but not the folder itself.

What do you think?

Waaifu

Furry Gamer
Uploader
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Beyo
Did you delete the KADOKAWA folder in Application Data\Local? MV adds three folders in there. (KADOKAWA, nwjs, and User Data)

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Beyo
Did you delete the KADOKAWA folder in Application Data\Local? MV adds three folders in there. (KADOKAWA, nwjs, and User Data)
Just went through %appdata% and deleted all three folders. However, the same issue persists but with the first image icon of a game I pull up. First it was Slave's Sword's icon, but after going through the steps a second time, I now have the default RPGM icon appearing for all RPGM games.

Waaifu

Furry Gamer
Uploader
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Just went through %appdata% and deleted all three folders. However, the same issue persists but with the first image icon of a game I pull up. First it was Slave's Sword's icon, but after going through the steps a second time, I now have the default RPGM icon appearing for all RPGM games.
If the first game you run after deleting the folders is the one with the default icon, then all MV games will have the icon as it's the one that's saved either in the KADOKAWA or nwjs folder in %Appdata%\Local. If it's a custom one, then it will be that icon instead as MV doesn't use a dedicated folder for each game as only one profile is used and they all will use the same folders regardless of icon.

The only option is to delete the folders if you want Slave's Sword to have its custom icon back though you would have to keep doing it if you want to play the other games and have their icon load as well.

Last edited:

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
If the first game you run after deleting the folders is the one with the default icon, then all MV games will have the icon as it's the one that's saved either in the KADOKAWA or nwjs folder in %Appdata%\Local. If it's a custom one, then it will be that icon instead as MV doesn't use a dedicated folder for each game as only one profile is used and they all will use the same folders regardless of icon.

The only option is to delete the folders if you want Slave's Sword to have its custom icon back though you would have to keep doing it if you want to play the other games and have their icon load as well.
Well, it sounds like there's no permanent fix here. Shame. Thanks for the work-around. It's a small hassle, but this will do.