RPGM not starting giving crash DMP files.

emperoryoshi

Jun 25, 2017
Good day everyone I need some help with the old RPGM.exe, I used to be able to play any old rpgm games (where the icon is like a dragon head) but nowadays any old rpgm games apps doesn't start (with Locale as usual) it just shuts down and gives me a crash dump file anyone got any ideas

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Sounds like you're using VX Ace... Does this happen with all games with the "dragon head" icon?

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Yes it happens with all games with the dragon head icon
Well that's really weird, since RPG Maker isn't supposed to give you crash dumps. What happens if you try to run the game without app locale?

emperoryoshi

Jun 25, 2017
What game are you trying to play? This is really weird...
The recently ones that came out in the latest updates, also it happened after I played Gran Ende closed it off and tried to start it up again then it didn't open anymore --'

Unit666

Mar 31, 2020
Better provide screenshots of the bug / game name or even version, might someone get an idea to help you.

eljuanan

Sep 8, 2019
I'm having the same Issue with the games whose icon is a Dragon. The ones with an unicorn, and the new ones with the green cube (depicting a terrain) with a character on top give me no trouble.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Most types of RPGM need you to install their . The one with the green cube (MV) doesn't, the dragon is VX Ace and the unicorn probably VX they do usually need their RTP.

eljuanan

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah, but the issue is that I have all of them installed and the games worked just fine. However one day suddenly all games with dragon icon stopped working (crash at start), the same problem as OP's. I've tried reinstalling RTP for all platforms, disabling antivirus, updating drivers, disabling system protection, etc, but the issue persists.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Xerodrive

Sep 24, 2017
Exact same problem here. However it's just a singular game that decided to not work. The rest of the games in the series of 8, all work fine except this one. I even went through the ways to legitemately purchase the game. The trial of the game worked fine, hence why I decided to purchase it, but the actual game itself just gives me a dmp file on startup using Locale Emulator. It's a very dated game from 2015 but yeah. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever as to why it doesn't work, as all the others work fine using VX ace as well. I tried running compatability too but that didn't do much either.

Edit: Ok so I fixed it, I don't know why tf this works but it did. All I did was change my file name to something in english. The original file name was japanese. I have no possible idea why this works and why it prevents the game from crashing since the game is supposed to be ran in Japanese using Locale Emulator. If someone can explain what the reason for this fix could be that'd be great as I'm currently completely flabbergasted lol. Hope this might help you guys

Last edited:
Reactions: ofoxman

eljuanan

Sep 8, 2019
Exact same problem here. However it's just a singular game that decided to not work. The rest of the games in the series of 8, all work fine except this one. I even went through the ways to legitemately purchase the game. The trial of the game worked fine, hence why I decided to purchase it, but the actual game itself just gives me a dmp file on startup using Locale Emulator. It's a very dated game from 2015 but yeah. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever as to why it doesn't work, as all the others work fine using VX ace as well. I tried running compatability too but that didn't do much either.

Edit: Ok so I fixed it, I don't know why tf this works but it did. All I did was change my file name to something in english. The original file name was japanese. I have no possible idea why this works and why it prevents the game from crashing since the game is supposed to be ran in Japanese using Locale Emulator. If someone can explain what the reason for this fix could be that'd be great as I'm currently completely flabbergasted lol. Hope this might help you guys
That's another of the problems with RPGM games, but it is a different issue. I'm talking about games that used to work just fine and suddenly stopped even starting. And is an issue that affects all games that use VX Ace. Also it is the same for games that required japanese locale and games that working normally in english. So I think it is an unrelated case.

But thanks anyway for sharing.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017

Such problems are caused with virtualizers like enigma protector.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xerodrive

Xerodrive

Sep 24, 2017
That's another of the problems with RPGM games, but it is a different issue. I'm talking about games that used to work just fine and suddenly stopped even starting. And is an issue that affects all games that use VX Ace. Also it is the same for games that required japanese locale and games that working normally in english. So I think it is an unrelated case.

But thanks anyway for sharing.
I had been searching the web a lot before I found my own fix, and some people stated that reinstalling your OS might solve the issue. This might be a bit extreme but, many factors can ruin applications. Are you able to think of a date/action you did before it stopped working? I.e. downloading something, running some executable etc. If you can backtrack whatever you did before it stopped working you might find a solution quicker. Maybe check version updates of the Emulator you're using to run them on? Trying a VM might help with troubleshooting. Not really sure what else you could try to test. I'm not skilled enough in this to be able to troubleshoot with you. Best of luck to you though, very frustrating to come along stuff like this.

Edit: Try rerolling a windows update and see if that does anything too. Sometimes that could cause some issues.