VN - Ren'Py - RSSU - Retro Style Soviet Undies - Case#1 Ithaca Project [v1.6.1] [ErosAmor]

1. 3.00 star(s)

LordoftheDucks

I assume the five star reviews are all from people playing the game in Russian.

Between references to important historical figures (like Yuri Gagarin) and ancient Greek myths (like the Odyssey) it's quite obvious that the writing is a key part of this game, but the English translation isn't very good so strange terms, phrases and grammar crop up in almost every line of dialogue. It's disappointing as the premise of the game and the conditions you are working under seem fairly well reasoned;
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    It's also obvious that the author has put a bit of humour in the game, but once again the translation means that none of the jokes land properly.

The visuals are decent; not spectacular, but serviceable. The idiosyncrasy that Russian VN developers have where they show the same scene from like five different angles is there fairly regularly. When combined with the poor dialogue translation it turns this into a pretty mediocre game.

I absolutely believe that if the author could could sort the translation out this would be five stars, as under those circumstances the slightly weaker visuals wouldn't matter.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Beduin123

This is an excellent game. The graphics are amazing, the girls are very hot. The story is very clever and well written. There is a lot of humor in subtle self-irony style.
    This game's setting is a kind of Soviet style pin-up mixed with Strugatsky brother's "Monday Begins on Saturday" style Sci-Fi. It is full of allusions to the Soviet time popular culture mixed with Greek mythology, but even the people without such background knowledge will enjoy this game as it is full of hot steaming babes, long legs in nylon and lewd scenes. Each girl has a different interesting personality and the MC isn't an arsehole for a change.
    In my opinion it is a top tier game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

ehtweneno

I see guys did a lot of work here but I'm not vibing with the game's style.
    None of the characters in the game are remotely interesting.
    All those mini-games are just plain boring.
    This is just not for me.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

umbongoxxz

Really dislike the quiz(beginning) and the grammar is horrendous. Not sure why some of these vn's have such a terrible approach, ie you can't rewind and undo a choice. The graphics seems okay but it's hard to focus on the story when the grammar is the way it is. Feels like a headache reading some of the dialogue and no I'm not blaming the developer. But it can't be that hard to get someone who knows english to just go over the text.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

asdoufa

A good visual novel, for it's kind. The characters, the content, and the music are fun and enjoyable. I'll follow the updates on this one, i hope it keeps a funny and retro style. Keep up the good work
  6. 3.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

I really wanted to like this one and for the first little bit I did. I find the Russian history lessons cute, the models and renders are well done and the entire premise is unique.

But then I got to the first multi camera-angle scene where you see the exact same thing from 5+ different cameras and found it extremely annoying. If this has been a one off then whatever but the problem is the dev keeps going back to this same annoying "filler" technique. So it's probably worth giving it a try and seeing if you have the same reaction.. if not you'll have another fun game to play so more power to you :D
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ftbd

Man that`s great! Its not game but KN for now, but it`s damn good! Great graphics, beautiful settings and surprising plot! May be now it has pacing too fast to be in order with game epoch, ), prologue was promising and then you just get any girl around. Stay in style )
  8. 5.00 star(s)

RetroGuy

It's not perfect but I'm giving it 5 stars as I generally liked it and would like to see more of it.

It's quite different from your regular game as the story happens in Soviet Union in the 80s and if you like that climate, you will find quite a lot of references in the graphics and story.

The females look really pretty. Yes, they are anachronistic and look more like pinup girls from 40s/50s and not actual Russian women from the 80s but I'm going to forgive it.

The story is a bit silly but I'm going to forgive it to. It's definitely not to be taken seriously as the game takes rather comical approach to everything.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

vivaloveyou

This is definitely a game worthy of attention, both rendering, model, plot are so excellent, can bring us very good enjoyment, RSSU style is unique and fascinating, this game deserves more supporters!
  10. 2.00 star(s)

OleJackRipper

So, this is different.

It has quite a few silly elements, a bit of humorous soviet pride. Some very strange characters or maybe quirky is the word.

My main thing against this is the text. I'm using a large screen but the text is hard to read due to its size and background.

Now, my lack of interest for the story aside, the art is quite nice. Models look good. MC is wierd, based on what I've heard of russian made games, the standard is the beta mc who is a follower, next to no initiative or sleep "espionage." This seems to have some of that as the MC has to be a follower to Olga whatever her last name that I can't spell is ( I didn't copy it so I'll give up on editing this to fix it.)

But yeah, that's me. As you can see, there's a lotta others who love the game so maybe read their reviews too.
    This weird so me probably out.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

zorba75

Nice Story, excellent quality of the renders and it is a pleasure to play this game. I like also how the RSSU style of the design. Nice approach. I would like to see updates more often but I understand that quality requires more time to deploy.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

toolmonkey

This game has lore that is fairly unique around these parts, given that it is set in the Soviet Union. I like the novelty.

So far, the game is a fairly quick play (~1-2 hours), but thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait for the next updates!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

chenjx1231

Very good game,the picture is very detailed,Take me back to the 80's,I hope the author will continue to create good works。(y)Very good game,the picture is very detailed,Take me back to the 80's,I hope the author will continue to create good works。
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Joey the mangaka

Long live to RSSU
    Good character mc
    Good model in milfs
    Good theme Soviet
    Has good story and very unique.
    My favorite character it's Mom ( Olga)
    Waiting next update
    Good mother land
    I think mc it's from the school romance of Benjamin Franklin
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Eduardo_olivares546

very good game one of the few with good rendering of the story it does not matter if not the quality of the game the checkers can be implemented if you follow the project with permanent constancy me are patreon
  16. 4.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

I just finished playing version 1.3.1. I've been overlooking this game for the past year assuming it would be boring, but I finally downloaded and played it and I'm glad I did because it was a refreshing game that is definitely worth playing.

Pros:

The story is novel and engaging and seems to be building some depth.

The female characters are beautiful and almost every render is sexy.

If you're into beautiful redheads (and lets face it, who isn't?), this game is for you.

Lots of rendering assets I have never scene before. It's nice to see assets that haven't been re-used in dozens of other games before.

Cons:

Up to this point there's not much "actual" sex with the MC. There's 3 hand-jobs, one blow-job, and finally one vaginal sex scene right at the end of the current version. However, there are a several sex scenes in the MC's dreams going all the way back to the first release. This is disappointing as dreams have become the standard cop-out method for developers to get sex scenes into a game to appease monthly subscribers' expectations.

The writing style seems to vary a lot. There are quite a few "Engrish" mistakes but they are not consistent. There are also varying uses of contractions. I'm not sure what to make of it. A couple of reviewers say this is on purpose to go with the Soviet theme, but I don't buy it. If it really is intentional, then it's actually a bigger fail due to the inconsistencies. It seems more like there are multiple writers or proofreaders with different levels of English mastery. Oddly though, it's not as distracting as many other games.

The renders and animations are nice, but there is a grainy/noisy quality to them. It actually seems like this effect may have been added after the renders were created to soften rendering artifacts/defects.

The game is supposed to be set in the early 1980's. The developer needs to research how Soviet women were styling their pubic hair at that time. Hint: the pubic hair shown in the game so far is not it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Gosamr

I love this tale. I love everything about it and I won't listen to a bad word said about it.

The creator ErosAmor is a delightfully imaginative genius. The quality of plot, narrative and rendering is absolutely top drawer and contrary to some earlier criticism, in my opinion, the broken English dialogue is clearly totally in keeping with the story being told and adds icing to the charming, deliciously "soviet" flavor of this exceptionally imaginative and enjoyable entertainment.

The story and characters are intelligent, attractive, often intriguingly mysterious and always refreshingly interesting. The quirkiness of the narrative and its sharp and witty delivery by the characters is totally endearing and often keenly observed and genuinely amusing.

It's all sublimely entertaining and I'm now off to see my bank manager regarding a loan to cover my Patreon support of ErosAmor and this admirable and extremely worthy enterprise.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

jufot

This game has such an incredibly unique premise, that alone elevates it above almost every game on F95.

The renders, music and overall aesthetic go quite well with the story and even the Engrish (which normally annoys me to no end) actually ends up serving the narrative.

RSSU is brilliantly unique and I love it!
  19. 3.00 star(s)

dacris69

First of all, the setting and time are pretty interesting and a breath of fresh air among the hundreds of games. Renders although beautiful, lack sharpness, which make them blurry and foggy. Worst part is the terrible english, this game needs a serious language edit.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

woeifjweofi

This is the most exciting erotic game I have played here over a year. Even without any soviet cultural ties. It is also one of a few games here where I actually laughed quite a lot because some scenes are genuinely funny!

Thank you a lot! Hope development will continue.