Others Completed Runaway City [Tiare]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
runaway_city_art_a37fc064.jpeg

Overview:
Hiroaki Hanyu is lost. He's about to graduate from "junior college," and he doesn't know what to do with the rest of his life. He has no ambition, no goals, no dreams. Leaving his future up to chance is nothing new, and in fact, works out rather well. You see, Hiroaki has always been blessed with extremely good luck; everything seems to go his way. But now, his luck seems to be growing, even affecting the other people in his life. How will he use this gift? Should he?​

Original Name: Meisou Toshi
Developer: Tiare
Censorship: No
Version: Final
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: - -

runaway_city_screenshot_42c662e4.gif runaway_city_screenshot_18289436.gif runaway_city_screenshot_e3eeffd0.gif

The archive attached contains a batch file meant to tell the game to load. Some AV programs won't like it because it's a batch.​

Last edited:

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
This is an old game, which should be available on a few, if not many, Abandonware sites. I had this game through a French site (I can't recall the name of it), and it worked just fine, and was also in English. Here's a couple of links you might want to try. They have mostly adult DOS games. You might need to D/L a DOS emulator.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
CAN YOU NOT READ?!
IF YOU HAD LOOKED AT THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS YOU'D SEE THAT I KNOW PEOPLE MIGHT NEED A DOS EMULATOR TO RUN IT!

I've since asked a moderator to move this to the appropriate forum.
I couldn't post it to the Games forum myself due to not having the permission to do so.

Sorry for the Allcaps shouting, but stupidity hurts me. And this stupidity was born of not bothering to read anything in the spoilers.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
CAN YOU NOT READ?!
IF YOU HAD LOOKED AT THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS YOU'D SEE THAT I KNOW PEOPLE MIGHT NEED A DOS EMULATOR TO RUN IT!

I couldn't post it to the Games forum myself due to not having the permission to do so.

Sorry for the Allcaps shouting, but stupidity hurts me. And this stupidity was born of not bothering to read anything in the spoilers.
Eh, I know too well your worries. Everytime I upload something, nobody gives a fuck about the "Extra information" that I put or the "Installations" instructions or even the "Genre" spoiler. And then what do I do? I don't give a fuck either about those users and I just ignore them (technically speaking, I help them the first two times, but after the third, sorry but you're a pain in the ass).

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
CAN YOU NOT READ?!

You don't have to get all snooty about it. Does it hurt people to remind them they may need a DOS emulator? Now, if you will excuse me for breathing the same air, I am apparently a monkey who's in need of a shave to you.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Snooty? Nope. Aggressively annoyed? Yep.
And I already did apologise for it. You quite clearly didn't notice the big "Download" text at the bottom of my post either.
I've made errors of omission myself but never one so... Obvious.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
this was a fun game I had this bundled with this game about 3 sisters and this game where you're a new student and you have a chance to romance one of several students a number of the character designs were from evangelion anime

Reactions: redwind21

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Snooty? Nope. Aggressively annoyed? Yep.
And I already did apologise for it. You quite clearly didn't notice the big "Download" text at the bottom of my post either.
I've made errors of omission myself but never one so... Obvious.
Agressively annoyed? Some people might call that PMS. Hang in there. Things are bound to get better. There's always Ibuprofan.

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
I love oldschool art like this so i will try this one but i wish it had voice acting.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Thanks @ Squark this is an old jast classic from my youthfull days will dl tomorrow. p.s read the install spoiler already got dos box not had a soundblaster for years but ill make it work :)

Aug 6, 2016
this was a fun game I had this bundled with this game about 3 sisters and this game where you're a new student and you have a chance to romance one of several students a number of the character designs were from evangelion anime
Any chance you know the name of both of those games ?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Pretty sure he's talking about Three Sisters' Story.
Nightcrawler said:
ill make it work
It shouldn't take much work, if any. DOSBox (almost) perfectly emulates the Sound Blaster 16 by default. It can emulate other cards like Roland, Most Creative Labs Cards, the other main ones like ESoniq Soundscape, ESS Audiodrive and a somehow really good General Midi.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Man, I remember when this game was new. This still has one of the most off-the-rails endings of any VN I've played.

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
Does it hurt people to remind them they may need a DOS emulator?
Considering that the OP provided the information and instructions in his OP? Then yeah, what you're doing is pretty dumb. Your post came off as a "Sorry everyone, OP is dumb and didn't bother providing this information so I will. Please click 'thanks' so that I feel appreciated!" post when OP clearly provided the same information in his write-up. Your post was completely unwarranted and the chewing-out you got was well-deserved.

If someone takes the time to upload a game and provide the instructions on how to play said game then don't step over their toes.

Reactions: GaRbS

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Considering that the OP provided the information and instructions in his OP? Then yeah, what you're doing is pretty dumb. Your post came off as a "Sorry everyone, OP is dumb and didn't bother providing this information so I will. Please click 'thanks' so that I feel appreciated!" post when OP clearly provided the same information in his write-up. Your post was completely unwarranted and the chewing-out you got was well-deserved.

If someone takes the time to upload a game and provide the instructions on how to play said game then don't step over their toes.
Wow! You read into that way too much. I didn't get that feeling at all from his post. He just linked sites where one could get more games like this. And then mentioned that you might need a DOS emulator for them. That's how I read it.

Reactions: redwind21

Menpower

Jan 15, 2018
This game is uncensored, i played it many times before. It was released thru Jast, which means game fully translated and uncensored by Jast.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote