VN - Ren'Py - Onhold - Sacred Profane [v0.1] [Midnight Arrow]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Ogre

Terrific start. Great writing and visuals, and a fascinating protagonist with kinky dreams trapped in a boring, vanilla town. There are some who seem to be complaining that it is too verbose, but it is a visual novel. Detailed writing is a plus, not a negative. If you want a wham bam game with little discussion of the protagonist's inner desires and kinks, there are hundreds of them on this site. Go read them instead. This one is for people who are really trying to get into the MC's mindset.

Give this VN a shot if you have any interest in BSDM, or just are interested in good writing.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Joe Steel

I have a policy of not reviewing 0.1 games because it isn't fair to the developer, but holy shit, does this dev know how to write! So, I'll break my general rule to urge people to play this game to see how it's done when it's done right.

The big complaint here will be that it is over-written, and I agree with that, with a caveat: it's over-written in those aspects that a particular player isn't much interested in. I do not, for example, understand masochism and I despise sadism, so the elements that dealt with masochism seemed to be over-written to me. Someone interested in masochism but not so much in submission would reverse my findings.

This is a writer that understands that sexy is what happens between the ears. 95% of the games here are either male MC or "multiple protagonist" (which, of course really should be "no protagonist") but this game has a genuine female protagonist through whose eyes and thoughts we experience the whole story. The story takes place within the MC's head, which is where all good stories take place (barring a few epics like GoT or LotR).

But the excellence of the graphic elements of the game should not be ignored. The MC is very attractive and realistic, and the (few) other characters we see are realistic and unique to the game.

The areas I think the game could improve in are... nothing. I have always as a writer believed that one can make constructive criticisms of any writing, but I am lost here as to anything I'd like to see changed except that the game isn't finished all in one fell swoop, which isn't realistic.

i say this in all sincerity: I have never seen a more auspicious debut in all my years here. Check it out even if you don't like the topic, just to see what good writing and graphics look like.