Sad state of affairs

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
There is so many games on this site and so many new gets started all the time, but very few in playable state wit enough sexual content, and most probably never will.
All this money is flowing to devs that will never pay off.
This problem will stay until devs start to form into studios and work together.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think you might be careful what you wish for. You have, at present, a very symbiotic relationship between fans and individual creators / small groups. It's one that incentivizes devs to make as good a game as they can, and for players to support devs that make the kind of games they want.

If you want to see the kind of games studios put out, go check out Nutaku's Free 2 Play section. This isn't because people inherently become evil when they gather together, but because the revenue potential of a F2P game is so much higher, and when you have a group of people doing this professionally as a job they tend to get attached to the idea of paying for rent and food.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This isn't because people inherently become evil when they gather together, but because the revenue potential of a F2P game is so much higher, and when you have a group of people doing this professionally as a job they tend to get attached to the idea of paying for rent and food.
Totally agree. What was initially fueled by passion is now fueled by money, and this totally change the motivation and regard over the game itself.

You don't anymore make the game you want to create, but the game you think will lead to the most money. And the result is... well, just browsing the game section here show us the result. There's already too many devs who think that making a game will give them big money, and who do it for this sole reason.

M$hot

May 28, 2017
A lot of restaurants that are thriving were another hopeful startup at the dawn of it's life a while ago. There's a wide variety of reasons for why they fail but you can bet that the majority will fail. Focus on money over food, cutting corners, treating your customers poorly, wanting to give up.. The important part is that people keep trying to open new restaurants. And yeah, I understand the 'what is the point, most won't be worth it' mentality, but I'd rather focus on the restaurants that thrive, that bring people together, that of course love their money but do it for the love of food. Some will get Michelin stars, some will be guilty pleasures, others will be 'good but not the best'.

For all the failed start ups there's a few gems that will satiate you, and when I'm in the moment, enjoying the restaurant, I can't say I'm bothered by all the restaurants that are no more, for this one is awesome.

I'm sorry, I got carried away using a food metaphore, but if the shoe fits.

Reactions: Droid Productions