Unity - Completed - Saint Gear Force [v1.0.6] [Metamorphose]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Bwy3jQYOnuAFZA1S

Nice little game, a bit too grindy on the last level so i would advise to cheat engine a few skill point as fights are pretty boring after a while.

Combat system is nice with a bit a change from default turn base fight (placing your skill on the time bar)

the game could clearly use some voice, not a full dub but some moan during battlesex action because right now it feel lackluster.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

F4C430

Version reviewed: v1.0.4 -> updated for v1.0.9

Overall
    Grindy but has better mechanics than the average game.

Official Translation
    Dev used DeepL to translate the game to English. It's not great but it's workable. The biggest issue for me is that i'm not sure what some of the items actually do.

Presentation
    Pretty good graphics but dev used cut-in images to show the sexual actions and all those cut-ins are isolated from each other. So for example if someone gropes her while she has nipple vibrators equipped, the cut-in image for the groping won't show the nipple vibrators. It's still all functional, but not as good as it could have been. At least everything displays on the standing image, including equipped items, npc's, and facial expressions. No animations though.

Gameplay
    Almost just like RPG Maker except each turn has two phases: planning and execution. During planning, enemies will queue up their actions first and you can plan your actions accordingly. Then when you're ready it will process the actions in order. It's interesting because you have to do some planning to balance attacks, arousal, and restraints. The best part is that there's no gameover. If you get stuck in a fight you can't win and can't escape, you'll get a scene and you'll be rescued so that you can continue playing.

The biggest fault of this game is that it's grindy. There's only a couple of enemy types per level and you have to fight them over and over again to be able to buy the upgrades. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a lot more enemy types with different actions or other ways to buy the upgrades instead of grinding. The other thing this game desperately needs is an auto button. I want to queue up my attacks, start the turn, and have it go through all the actions without needing me to press a button until the next turn.

Update: you still have to grind but it's less painful now because you can buy an item that gives you skill points.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

shizukami

With the official release and its official english translation the game is in a much more playable state now. One thing to take of note is that parry and counter work in opposite ways.

To address a few of the complaints:
    Bug in the intro: haven't encountered it.
    No instant ko button: There is an item you can find that literally does this.
    Slow pacing once you get assaulted: This is an early game/pure run issue only because you gain more sensitivity and the speed at which you climax=take damage speeds up significantly as you continue your run.

Overall, the game has nice art with plenty of unique animations and CGs and the combat system feels quite unique and different for a rpgmaker style game (even though this one is in unity it basically plays like rpgmaker).

This game will not exactly blow you away and it does feel like it has some missed potential in certain areas but I will let you discover that yourself. Overall it feels like a solid 4 star and is worth your time.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

AkagiVoid

The game is an average 2D RPG Maker vibe-like game with a bit of a cyber robotics theme to it. >w>

Also currently V0.6.0 haves many bugs, and to top it all off the female protagonist gots short hair for those who are into that kind of thing. X3
    (I personally dont care much for short hair tbh. I prefer long hair because it looks mar beautiful. ^w^)

Once the dev irons those pesky bugs out this game will be pretty decent to enjoy. :3
  5. 1.00 star(s)

abao

Literally unplayable.

You get softlocked during the tutorial because the game disables your ability to choose different options from the menu, and locks your cursor over "defense", while the tutorial is asking you to "give up".

Had to retry it 4 times before the rng spanwed the turn order in a way that the cursor is no longer locked.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Bondage Queen

Definitely has high potential, but the game commits a lot of the same sins many games in its genre do.

First of all, why is this a unity game? It looks and plays exactly like an rpgmaker game, but with the added bugginess of unity. I got softlocked by a dialogue box once during my playtime.

The art is good. Character design is solid, though it has my most hated trope, which is the game having a hotter character you can't play as. The blue-haired girl is a lot more attractive, more womanly, than the protagonist, whereas the protagonist has more of a teenager look and feel. It's really a bait and switch too, because the blue haired girl is the first one you see, so you just assume you'll get to play as her. Can I just not play as a teenager for once in one of these damn games? Aanyway...

This game also has the really annoying trifecta: (1) You get h-scenes on loss, so many times you want to lose, (2) but there's no surrender/insta-loss button, (3) and the game is very easy so it takes forever for you to lose even if you pass every turn. The enemies do H-attacks and stuff, but those are mostly pointless because they don't deal damage to you, and only work towards making the protagonist orgasm, which basically just skips one turn. And to make matters worse, if you're in a restrained state, they'll do nothing but H-Attacks, which means you hardly take any damage and makes combat drag even longer. I swear, none of these devs know how to balance combat.

Speaking of combat, it's bland. Nothing to see here, really. It has some good ideas, but from what I've played so far, you can just spam attack and win with no issue. And the h-attacks and restraint statuses don't incorporate very well into combat.

But I'm still giving it three stars because it's a heroine battlefuck game, which will never not be hot.