Unity - Completed - Saint Maribel [Final] [Azucat]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dt90

I bought version 1.023 on dlsite, game time about 2 and a half hours (i only did the first two game areas completely, the game offers more)

I can't understand the low ratings for this game, just as i can't understand what one expects from a game for sale at a low price, around 15dollars on dlsite.

you play this genre of games for hentai content, and it is more than satisfactory: many different animations, a great bounce effect of the breast that you can set as you want, free camera during the scenes, the dubbing of the girl is valid

the gallery can be fully unlocked at any time

The gameplay is decent, there are nice abilities and chances of consecutive attacks in the air, there are many different types of enemies and with hard difficulty it's not just button smashing

certainly not at the levels of Dark Souls or Elden Ring, but to be a hentai game it offers good gameplay, there are many other h-games in the action genre that offer fewer types of attacks

we must not forget the chara editor, there are many choices regarding the features of the body and more, it is a very appreciable addition, practically any physical parameter of the girl can be changed

then summarizing
    combat system: 6/10
    h content: 8/10
    graphics / characters chara design: 8/10
  2. 1.00 star(s)

thegooglyman

Bad, bad game.

• Stiff Combat and Animations
    • Floaty Controls
    • Customization options in game are broken
    Maybe could be better with updates, but its a really bad version of older, better games on on this very site. Play Holy Knight Ricca instead.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Hollowbankai

Saint Maribel is an Action/Hack and Slash Game where you play as Maribel who tries to defeat The Queen Succubs for whatever reason... because she is evil i guess. There an actual plot in this game but iI didnt bother reading it because i was so frustrated with a lot of things so let's get started.

After the lengthy beginning cutscene the game tells you various of it's game mechanics which are quite unique. You can level up by beating monsters or by brewing and consuming potions the latter also increases your max life permanently. Potions need ingredients that xou can find by killing monsters and some can also be obtained by spending Gold and buying them from the merchant.
    There are 2 kinds of currency in the game. One is the forementioned Gold and the other is Mana. Mana is used to unlock passive skills on your skilltree, leveling active skills and for purchasing fruits at the godess statue which will grant you a small amount of exp and your max life will be permanently raised..so the same effect that potions give but its overall weaker.

After you leave the "home" hub you will get thrown to the world map where you can select the level you want to play or you can look at the H-scenes you unlocked you can also customize your character, visit a shop where you can exchange bronze medals, return to the hub by selecting shopping, quit the game or press training which wasn't avaiable for me maybe i missed something.

The Levels are very linear and instance based. After you beat the instance by killing all monsters (in some instances where there are no fights you can just walk to the other side) 1-4 doors of light will appear that will teleport you to a new instance. You can tell beforehand what this instance will be by the symbol and text above the door.
    You can open the menu and choose the map option to see where you are and where rooms are loacted that you haven't explored yet.

The fighting system is kind of bland all the enemies except the last few bosses and midbosses can be stunlocked. The bosses and midbosses have a lot of hp and it might take a while thats being spend stunlocking them to bring them down.
    While the fighting system doesnt amount to much it has everything a good system needs. You can parry you have a dodge roll with a lot of invincibility frames which you can use to cancel your attacks and you can launch enemies with your hits to combo them in the air or use the fancy looking active skills to deal a huge amount of damage.

This sounds good on paper but the early part of the game can be stunlocked by just hitting attack and using a few skills in between and in the late game you can't use most of the skills because some will knock the enemies so far away on the first hit that the rest of the skill doesnt connect and most of the bosses which can't be staggered anymore will just stagger you out of the animation.
    The first few bosses look very much alike but the late game bosses have some good variety to them but i couldnt beat the last boss because he bugged out 3 times and became invincible.

The OST of the game is pretty good there are not a lot of tracks but they all sound well made and create a engaging environment.
    The H Scenes are very bad there are not many about 20 in total. They are fully censored and very buggy and most of them are "the protagonist gets raped by some creature".

The only things that I really liked about the game were the Soundtrack, the character customization and the movement option that you have at your disposal.

The game is not good,but if the developer adresses the bugs that are present right now and polishes hitboxes and animations from the bosses and midbosses then the game could actually be fun but until then stay the hell away from it or download a save game in the forum if you want to see the H-Scenes.