VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Salome's Kiss [v1.0] [ebi-hime]

1. 1.00 star(s)

MonkeyFunk

An otherwise excellent visual novel, however this is a bait and switch if you're expecting romance, as it has a very sad ending, and gets a bit disturbing towards the end. If you're after yuri romance don't waste your time with this.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jufot

Exceptionally well-written gothic tragedy, if a little too verbose with exposition and flowery prose. Another fine creation by ebi-hime.

If you enjoy her previous work, or the overview looks interesting to you, do yourself a favour and stay away from spoilers. Go in completely blind, enjoy the story, and see if you can figure out what's going on :)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Wazard

There aren't a ton of sex scenes, but is one of the best "visual novel games" I've experienced.
    Wonderful art, and great writing. There aren't any significant choices to be made on your part. This game know exactly what kind of story it wants, and what kind of story it wants you to absorb. I thoroughly enjoyed the build ups, conflicts, and ending.
    Speaking of the ending, it makes sense, and completes the story. Stories like these don't often go there, but I'm glad this one did.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Nemo8526

There are exactly zero choices I found in this work. It's not a game at all but rather a visual novel.

This is not a good format for the style the author adopts. The psuedo-Regency prose writing does not flow and is wordy by its nature- no fault of the creator, it just is in general. What this means for this work is that you have multiple difficult to read pages which use the same or a very similar visual piece.

The story is pedestrian. I've mentioned before in reviews of RenPy games that if I find myself clicking through without really looking at or reading the page, it's a death knell for the game. That's the case here.

About the only plus I found is the artwork, which is outstanding. Very well composed, detailed and it's really a visual treat.

I thought I was really going to enjoy this- I enjoy Regency styles, I like lesbian romance, and the art hooked me in. Unfortunately it just didn't do it for me.