Unity - Completed - Samurai Vandalism [v2.01] [ONEONE1]

1. 3.00 star(s)

fazthestampede

Kagura games is one of the OGs if it comes to packed stories and eye candy CGs. They'll always be my favorite. I'm not gonna talk about the translation, I'll be straight to gameplay.

That being said, with a heavy heart this is what I think of Samurai vandalism:

CONS:
    1. I personally think their art style has deteriorated a little for this beautiful game. It's as if the artist quitted and now replaced with a new one. Because, if we look back at their three last installments, Samurai vandalism's artworks are somewhat ranked below them.
    2. I dunno whether it's due to Unity, their experimenting on new engine or whatnot, but some body proportions just seem off. Yes, I'm talking about our beloved black haired MC. On her naked still image, her body proportions look odd and a little off putting. Maybe they intentionally did this? beats me. Again I'm comparing this to meritrocacy of oni and blade or ideology in fiction which characters' body proportions were way more suitable to the eyes.
    3. The maps are way to similar and divided to submaps per map. This becomes a huge problem because whenever we are told to switch character, we are forced to undergo the same map and praying not to see the "there's nothing to do there" text whenever we struggle on the similar roads.
    4. The black hair still animation while fighting is quite distracting because she's just swaying her body left and right... not even holding her sword
    5. Rough sound effects in sex scenes.... a little distracting
    6. I personally prefer ONEONE1 to stick to their previous engine

PROS:
    1. a Complex story with amazing depth
    2. amazing gameplay as long as you hold CTRL and press ENTER repeatedly
    3. fascinating animations [the enemies with love bubbles on their heads]
    4. When the official kagura games is published, I bet it'll be an amazing arc
    5. Many cameos and hidden stories

Nonetheless, thank you ONEONE1 for this gem and our outmost gratitude for the dude who put the energy in translating it independently.
    -much love <3
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MRCRACKER523

Sorry if my English is bad, this game is very good and I meet my expectations. Only the combat and the switch to Unity I didn't like.
    As far as history I thought it was good but no better than ideology in fiction. I just wish all the scenarios were still available after doing certain missions.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

gianclod

Not good not bad it's just meh and it's a shame. the art and scenes are really good but the gameplay is repetitive and boring, even with the change of engine they ported the same old mechanics over.

A missed opportunity.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Darkelvin

If i could rate it between poor and average i'd do so.

Basically the same typical oneone1 game. You played "one" you played hem all. They did take most of the "RPG" Systems too, which make for a rather boring "game" experience, outside of some customization with passive and active "abilities". No equipment though .

Artstyle is good though, but the animations are kinda lacking ( one set of animation per enemy ? maybe two on human enemies ?)
  5. 2.00 star(s)

LEET

Game is basically the same old game as before. It's just a different coat of paint. If people want the sexy bits, in the settings, go to the one that changes your language and below that is the option to open the gallery when you restart. Now you got the after story, and the repeatable scenes. Imo, they could have just made this into an animated short with less effort and still fill the same role. The interactivity you get from games doesn't improve anything.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Jay009

The game is amazing. Truly top tier amongst eroge! I played the whole thing day 1 using a translator. (kinda sucked but hey, im sure this will get a good English translation soon)
    Maybe Im bias towards samurai and ninjas but the art is incredible, the girls are incredible, the animations are incredible and they just keep coming and coming!
    Could not recommend this game more!
    Cant wait to play it again and again and again hahaha
    Only thing I wish the animations could be viewed in sections and at your own leisure... that'd be amazing.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Erogamer00

Oneone1 released new legend for us. just in one day i finished 3 stories and i can say that you won't regret that. after the ideology in the friction this is what oneone1 fans need
    don't wait, download and play it
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Psajchol

Don't waste your time on it.

It's 5GB of bugs, crushes, bad translation and running around village trying to find that ONE event but some houses in the village map will crash your game... Yeah, not fun.

It's also censored and some sex scenes are bugged and crash the game as well.

Just wait until there will be english version and uncensor before getting it.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Gilbertfred

The first and foremost thing I want to say is the game itself is probably not deserving of a one star (in fact I would venture this game would be rated an average to above average ONEONE1 game outing, so probably a three and a half to four star. However I am rating this game based on the state it's in when uploaded to this site initially.

This game is currently unplayable and even if it was the MTL is garbage. I would recommend waiting/praying for a kagura game translation and patch to bring this game up to proper snuff.