Mod RPGM Saria Reclaimed Unofficial Edition [0.19.4][Velminth]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

What should the new content look like?

• 1) AI drawings (even if of poor quality)

Votes: 60 69.8%
  • 2) Using existing art

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • 3) Add only gameplay mechanics

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • 4) I suggested my own version in the comments.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 5) I accidentally voted and I can't remove my vote.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2021
Resting at a fire does not seem to heal you anymore
In the theater the first image does not unlock
Bonepicker ass poke just brings up a blank screen
Clicking nipples bite does not bring up image and comes with this error when trying to save afterwards
1721177832215.png

Reactions: Vermittler

Tigershark14

Dec 15, 2021
Ok, so I just tested it out. I tried both with my previous save file with the hotfix overwriting it, and a brand new save file and fresh installation. I noticed three bugs.First, when you step to the right of that little bone thing (see attached image, to the right of saria), you instantly teleport in front of Ausfa. No clue why, but it happens, and was a bit startling on a fresh save file. Another weird thing I noticed is that the human enemies seem to overwhelmingly go for clit/pussy options, even when their icon says they want to go for a different area. When I tried to get more corruption on my old save file, I literally would initiate a different sex scene, and then the enemy would take me out of that sex scene to change to a clit rub scene. I have seen only clit scenes, occasionally pussy scenes, and dirty talk scenes, mostly focused on the mouth, for some reason. Finally, on my fresh install, I noticed the resist pleasure skill, which confused me at first, because it didn't reduce pleasure. I then noticed that it removed 12 willpower, and the added back 30 willpower, making it an infinite willpower skill, which is something. I honestly found it super cool, and think it would be a great help when grinding out corruption/scenes, but it isn't what's stated in the skill description, so I think it's glitched.
Good news, though, I think the bosses are fixed! So, uh, that's good! Best of luck to you guys!
1721179109790.png

Tigershark14

Dec 15, 2021
Hey, played the game for a quick second, came across a game breaking bug where I have no stamina and willpower and can't ever restore it. Not with items, skills, or resting at campfires. It seemed to happen after level up, but I don't know for sure. Edit: actually I have just 0 stamina, willpower's fine. Still can't restore it, though. Even the masseuse minigame doesn't fix it. Edit 2: I think I figured it out, kinda. After leveling up, my stamina and pleasure max got set to 0. I equipped another tenet through the cheat menu, and I have stamina again. But now my max pleasure is 30. Edit 3: It's not just leveling. Started a new save, any increase to stamina from the starting amount cause some glitch where you have 0 stamina as your max. Edit 4: Nevermind all of that, somehow it's going into the accesories menu that causes it. I'm so confused. Edit 5: Final glitched I found: Giving a happy ending massage doesn't increase the client's pleasure, making it never end. Also, sometimes the enemy will use lewd actions that Saria isn't corrupted enough for at the very start of a round.

Last edited:

Tigershark14

Dec 15, 2021
While I'm here, something that I thought up for balance/qol changes is the techniques costs. I think when Vel first made the combat system he wanted to make it something you unlock fully at the end of the game, not right away. However, since the game is only one area right now, the high cost of some of the techniques is a bit unworkable. Maybe make it so all the techniques cost 1? Also, maybe add a cheat option to increase how much exp enemies give? Could make getting higher levels easier on repeat playthroughs. Adding a cheat to increase enemies' cum volume could also help with getting the lewd crests. Or, just, you know, make them actually free in the cheat menu. I think older versions of Saria also had cheats that made Saria never lose willpower and enemies never finish, letting you grind corruption easier. Could be interesting.

Vermittler

Apr 20, 2024
Hey, played the game for a quick second, came across a game breaking bug where I have no stamina and willpower and can't ever restore it. Not with items, skills, or resting at campfires. It seemed to happen after level up, but I don't know for sure. Edit: actually I have just 0 stamina, willpower's fine. Still can't restore it, though. Even the masseuse minigame doesn't fix it. Edit 2: I think I figured it out, kinda. After leveling up, my stamina and pleasure max got set to 0. I equipped another tenet through the cheat menu, and I have stamina again. But now my max pleasure is 30. Edit 3: It's not just leveling. Started a new save, any increase to stamina from the starting amount cause some glitch where you have 0 stamina as your max. Edit 4: Nevermind all of that, somehow it's going into the accesories menu that causes it. I'm so confused. Edit 5: Final glitched I found: Giving a happy ending massage doesn't increase the client's pleasure, making it never end. Also, sometimes the enemy will use lewd actions that Saria isn't corrupted enough for at the very start of a round.
Thanks for the bug report, is it all in 0.19.1, or in 0.19.2?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Any chance of the keybinds being restored back to the original (Menu/Cancel on X, etc...)

Vermittler

Apr 20, 2024
pronouncement
Hello dear fans. As you know, this mod was meant as an "Unofficial Edition", because Velminth, unfortunately, first led the game in the direction of a visual novel with a linear plot, and then completely abandoned the game. Now we (the Main and only moder) are at a crossroads. The moder understands that even if he fix absolutely all the bugs, it will not be called the continuation of the game, so he need to add new content. But new content needs art, and Velminth abandoned the game (for those who think that we can ask Velminth to draw art, and someone else will do the programming, in order to save time, NO, it doesn't work that way, Velminth has already been offered help with programming many times from many people, he refused and banned people for this, he is not interested in this). Initially, the AI drawing option was very attractive to us. But after some time, we realized that we did not have a powerful enough PC at our disposal to make these drawings look at least a little acceptable compared to the Velminth drawing. So, we decided to consult with you on how to act in this situation. You can suggest your ideas in the comments, all messages are read by me personally (Vermittler). Examples of the quality of AI images are attached. The vote is above
saria4.png saria3.jpg saria2.jpg saria1.jpeg

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
Initially, the AI drawing option was very attractive to us. But after some time, we realized that we did not have a powerful enough PC at our disposal to make these drawings look at least a little acceptable compared to the Velminth drawing. So, we decided to consult with you on how to act in this situation. You can suggest your ideas in the comments, all messages are read by me personally (Vermittler). Examples of the quality of AI images are attached.
My suggestion would be to try and be as efficient as you can with your current PC specs until this remake gains enough traction then possibly crowdfund a new PC. Other than that I'd say look for someone who would be willing to use their PC to generate images for the game, though that would require teaching them how to generate which could take a bit of time and effort.

Have you tried running Stable Diffusion locally on your PC? With some fiddling it could run on a weaker system, sure you'd be slow to generate, but it should work unless your PC is seriously ass.

Vermittler

Apr 20, 2024
My suggestion would be to try and be as efficient as you can with your current PC specs until this remake gains enough traction then possibly crowdfund a new PC. Other than that I'd say look for someone who would be willing to use their PC to generate images for the game, though that would require teaching them how to generate which could take a bit of time and effort.

Have you tried running Stable Diffusion locally on your PC? With some fiddling it could run on a weaker system, sure you'd be slow to generate, but it should work unless your PC is seriously ass.
Collecting donations is a very difficult issue for us, plus, in order for this topic to be popular, we need to add new content. The option of finding a person with a good PC is not a bad option, but how to find it? It has to be a fan like us, because we obviously won't be able to pay him. To the Stable Diffusion. Yes, we tried, you see, to create really high-quality AI images, a special type of generation is required with the creation of images according to a schematic 3D scheme. This requires much more resources than conventional generation. And even if you do without it, it usually takes a lot of attempts to generate a high-quality image, and when it takes about 10 minutes for one attempt, it is very difficult to work.

Reactions: BigBiggieBig

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
Collecting donations is a very difficult issue for us, plus, in order for this topic to be popular, we need to add new content.
My point was that you add 'poor' AI artwork along with new content to showcase competence in order to be able to garner popularity and eventually, funds to upgrade equipment.

The option of finding a person with a good PC is not a bad option, but how to find it? It has to be a fan like us, because we obviously won't be able to pay him.
Probably on forums like this you'd be able to find someone who would be willing to help, I'm not really sure, to be honest.

To the Stable Diffusion. Yes, we tried, you see, to create really high-quality AI images, a special type of generation is required with the creation of images according to a schematic 3D scheme. This requires much more resources than conventional generation. And even if you do without it, it usually takes a lot of attempts to generate a high-quality image, and when it takes about 10 minutes for one attempt, it is very difficult to work.
I see, if that's out of the window then not really sure what option is left, the examples you posted earlier looked like decent start points, but they need to go through inpainting to fix the eyes and other small issues, and the backgrounds are a bit dull, but that's not a big deal.

Can't really say more than this as I'm a bit uninformed, but good luck with the project, looking forward to seeing future updates.

semanuel2630

Jun 7, 2020
pronouncement
Hello dear fans. As you know, this mod was meant as an "Unofficial Edition", because Velminth, unfortunately, first led the game in the direction of a visual novel with a linear plot, and then completely abandoned the game. Now we (the Main and only moder) are at a crossroads. The moder understands that even if he fix absolutely all the bugs, it will not be called the continuation of the game, so he need to add new content. But new content needs art, and Velminth abandoned the game (for those who think that we can ask Velminth to draw art, and someone else will do the programming, in order to save time, NO, it doesn't work that way, Velminth has already been offered help with programming many times from many people, he refused and banned people for this, he is not interested in this). Initially, the AI drawing option was very attractive to us. But after some time, we realized that we did not have a powerful enough PC at our disposal to make these drawings look at least a little acceptable compared to the Velminth drawing. So, we decided to consult with you on how to act in this situation. You can suggest your ideas in the comments, all messages are read by me personally (Vermittler). Examples of the quality of AI images are attached. The vote is above
View attachment 3846061 View attachment 3846063 View attachment 3846064 View attachment 3846065
3 is the best choice I believe. Saria is known by her good Bodytype and an Artstyle that detachs this aspect of her could be a most proper choice.

And like it was said before, a consult for help in this forum won´t be a waste of time. People still hoping the game can be continued , somehow. Don´t know that much about Image Gens or Animations as well, otherwise I believe you can give a quick check on the Oficial Game´s forum I heard some guys with good suggestions on the last comments a few days ago. Don´t know maybe it could somehow, make something does the trick.

Tigershark14

Dec 15, 2021
pronouncement
View attachment 3846061 View attachment 3846063 View attachment 3846064 View attachment 3846065
I voted for 2, 3, and 4. I think, even if only existing art was used and the gameplay was just tightened up and with more stuff, I guess, added, I think the images we have overall would be good. As an example I suggested previously, Adding extra human enemies in new areas using area tiles and sprites that are already in the game can add quick and easy content. Adding more scenes to the masseuse minigame using the initiate scenes already in the game could add more content to that. Maybe add another minigame? Idk. I also don't know how viable this will be long term. Have you considered finding an artist who can draw in a style similar enough to Velminth's to mesh with the images? I know money would be a massive obstacle, but it can't hurt to look. Edit: I know someone mentioned this earlier, but looking for help in the original forum and the godot remake's forum could also prove worthwhile.

Last edited:

Vermittler

Apr 20, 2024
I voted for 2, 3, and 4. I think, even if only existing art was used and the gameplay was just tightened up and with more stuff, I guess, added, I think the images we have overall would be good. As an example I suggested previously, Adding extra human enemies in new areas using area tiles and sprites that are already in the game can add quick and easy content. Adding more scenes to the masseuse minigame using the initiate scenes already in the game could add more content to that. Maybe add another minigame? Idk. I also don't know how viable this will be long term. Have you considered finding an artist who can draw in a style similar enough to Velminth's to mesh with the images? I know money would be a massive obstacle, but it can't hurt to look. Edit: I know someone mentioned this earlier, but looking for help in the original forum and the godot remake's forum could also prove worthwhile.
We thought about looking for an artist, but Velminth became popular for a reason. He has a stunning and sophisticated artistic style with elaborate detail. Very few people could replicate his style, but even if they could, they would demand a lot of money for they work. Considering that we don't get anything from this mod, so it's impossible. But thank you, and others who suggested, we will consider the option of finding supporters. Maybe we can actually use someone's computer for better generation, or get some other help.

semanuel2630

Jun 7, 2020
We thought about looking for an artist, but Velminth became popular for a reason. He has a stunning and sophisticated artistic style with elaborate detail. Very few people could replicate his style, but even if they could, they would demand a lot of money for they work. Considering that we don't get anything from this mod, so it's impossible. But thank you, and others who suggested, we will consider the option of finding supporters. Maybe we can actually use someone's computer for better generation, or get some other help.
Here I go again to give my shots , hehe. Well maybe the answer would be in the middle term , han ? I mean once you guys found a Proper PC Set Configuration guy, the images could be generated as Concepts and then maybe you all as a Team would be able to hv a first ''Sketch Scene''. Then the image could be sended by a type of ''hired'' Ilustrator to rework and readjust to a ArtStyle SMILAR to Velminth. Going to this Via, I think the result can be a non-excellent but sattisfatory Solution, cause you know, sometimes opt for simple can facilitates futures upgrades in the work.
Focus in basic concepts. As the game itself already show us, may avvoid the Working overcharge that affected Velminth when he constantly tried to modify his Od and Sucessfull work to a Total Chymera -Thing.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Here I go again to give my shots , hehe. Well maybe the answer would be in the middle term , han ? I mean once you guys found a Proper PC Set Configuration guy, the images could be generated as Concepts and then maybe you all as a Team would be able to hv a first ''Sketch Scene''. Then the image could be sended by a type of ''hired'' Ilustrator to rework and readjust to a ArtStyle SMILAR to Velminth. Going to this Via, I think the result can be a non-excellent but sattisfatory Solution, cause you know, sometimes opt for simple can facilitates futures upgrades in the work.
Focus in basic concepts. As the game itself already show us, may avvoid the Working overcharge that affected Velminth when he constantly tried to modify his Od and Sucessfull work to a Total Chymera -Thing.
This is an excellent advice, and one City of Secrets dev follows which shows in the prompt progress.
I would still not rule out having a donation box for funding actual art for the game, which can replace the placeholder AI images, as Sem said: it doesn't have to be carbon copy or perfect, just decent enough. Also don't forget that we live in the age where there are more artists available than ever, and their skills tend to be better (these days) even starting out due to the plethora of tools and guides available.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes