Save Editors no longer work on my pc.

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
As the title suggests Save editors no longer work on my PC. Specifically the rpg maker ones and even TiTsEd which is an Editor for trials in tainted space.
Every time i open the editors they immediately stop working.
Used to work fine and i have no idea what happened.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Your antivirus could be detecting them as viruses (false positives). Try disabling your av and try it again.

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
Your antivirus could be detecting them as viruses (false positives). Try disabling your av and try it again.
I've already tried that. Also tried running things in administrator and comparability mode. nothing changes.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Still Having this problem.
I had this issue with some python script being blocked by Windows Defender, and even after I allowed them explicitly they stopped getting deleted but wouldn't run.

Try changing the folder name of whatever folder you're trying to run it in. That was the fix for me. Please let me know if this worked?

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
I had this issue with some python script being blocked by Windows Defender, and even after I allowed them explicitly they stopped getting deleted but wouldn't run.

Try changing the folder name of whatever folder you're trying to run it in. That was the fix for me. Please let me know if this worked?
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Neko Chan

Oct 14, 2017
Idk which save editors you use but I have an issue with my editor that the editor still runs even after I close the application, go to your task manager and look for any instances of the save editor that may linger and end the task. If that doesn't work, I would just recommend you trash the old editor and redownload it. Also restart your computer if you haven't already to make sure that its just not technology being weird ow0

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
Idk which save editors you use but I have an issue with my editor that the editor still runs even after I close the application, go to your task manager and look for any instances of the save editor that may linger and end the task. If that doesn't work, I would just recommend you trash the old editor and redownload it. Also restart your computer if you haven't already to make sure that its just not technology being weird ow0
I've tried all of those. Been having the problem for months so the only the i can figure is that files that the editors use got corrupted. I know very little about how the editors work but i'm pretty sure that since multiple ones for different things don't work they all use a specific thing to work. That's the only thing i can think of.

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
What editors are you using exactly? o_O
TiTsEd an editor for a game called trials in tainted space.
CoCEd for curruption of champions.

Also every Rpg maker save editor i've tried also crashes except the online website one.
the two above are for flash games.

Neko Chan

Oct 14, 2017
There is an RPG maker forum post on this site that works (at least for me): https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-save-editors.51/ I also have one from a different site that seems to be an updated version but it should be the same >.>

TiTsEd seems to have had an update 3 days ago so I recommend you try that editor out too =w=

The standalone editors seems to be just .sol editors with a cleaner UI, alternative sol editors I know are:
(this is more of a "take apart" editor that requires you to know what variables you need to edit and also adobe air X.x)
and
that you mentioned earlier, which has more strings that could help you know which values you want to change

If you want to try other methods,the actual spot for the saves can be found here (for Win 10): Users\[User-device-name]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\JNN3PASS\localhost

I recommend making a backup of all the saves first before messing with the saves tho <.<"
Hope that helps at least a little bit ;3

W65

May 31, 2018
That's what I've been using for rpg maker games but for games like TiTs and CoC there's no website or any other programs that work.
Doesn't the online save editor handle .sol files? I haven't used it on a flash game that I can remember, but I thought it was able to handle that filetype.

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
Doesn't the online save editor handle .sol files? I haven't used it on a flash game that I can remember, but I thought it was able to handle that filetype.
TiTs and CoC saves aren't .sol files. they have .tits and .coc files.

Neko Chan

Oct 14, 2017
No they are for sure .sol files, they are saved in the localhost where default .sol files are located. I downloaded both games and created saves for the game to see where they are saved and the saves pathed to there- I then opened both of them and they contained the exact same stuff in the custom save programs just somewhat harder to see what you need to edit. =w=

Lith

Dec 3, 2017
No they are for sure .sol files, they are saved in the localhost where default .sol files are located. I downloaded both games and created saves for the game to see where they are saved and the saves pathed to there- I then opened both of them and they contained the exact same stuff in the custom save programs just somewhat harder to see what you need to edit. =w=
Apparently i was half wrong. there's 2 save file types for the games. The ones I was talking about were the ones created using the save to file options which i assumed the regular saves were the same type but apparently not.