RPGM - Completed - Scars of Summer After [v1.01] [shinachiku-castella]

1. 3.00 star(s)

PotatoBoi647

A really under performing game in imo. As The heroine was already corrupted, I can only see this being good for people who wanted to see more scenes and nothing else. But for me and probably most of us, it was just like seeing a slut having fun with no gameplay at all. Sos was such peak before but this is just mid. There may be good explicit writing when kagura version arrives but that does not improve the game much. Would have preferred if the creator just assumed the user got a good ending, moves out the city, married the heroine and there were other bulls to cuck mc instead. Not worth the wait for 4 years, not even 1 year imo. The creator just looted his subscribers, nothing else.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

HHLONG

gameplay: none, just choose a route and go with it, nothing to do.
    scene: good, but not very good.
    story: none, just follow the base game SoS

overall: 1 year for this is normal, but 4 year is very very bad game, i want give 1 star, but for the sake of SoS, i give 2 star.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Shigeru Miyamoto

Finished the game.

Overall:
    It's meant to be hybrid of a extra story + sequel. Imo, it delivers on that front.

Corruption:
    The game was confirmed to pick up either in the middle of some routes or after some routes. So, it should've been expected that she'd already be a slut from the get go. That's why the corruption progression isn't as good (and non-existent in some cases) as the base game.

I do understand that this approach will disappoint many though. Imo, a better approach might've been to add the CGs to the base game and expanding its length accordingly but I'm not sure if such DLC add-ons are even possible in RPGMV.

The corruption depiction could've used more work. For example, during high corruption when she's wearing leopard bra, it'd have been better to have more NPCs even ones not relevant to routes comment on her. Like, villagers could make even more lewd comments in the Yasui route about how they're seeing her nipples through her shirt. They don't have to bang her, just an acknowledgement would've been good as it'd show the world reacting to the FMC corruption. Also, a significant lack of clothing corruption is disappointing. Yasui and Nobuo routes turned Ryoka into a bitch in heat. She should've revealed more cleavage, shortened her skirt and stopped wearing a bra (not even the leopard one). Also, no body writing or used condoms in post sex character model is disappointing.

Mechanics:
    - Cellphone. Specifically, the SNS isn't used as interestingly as the base game.
    - Scene Hunt. I like that he bothered adding pixel sprite variations for some scenes. Like, if you stumbled upon Ryoka getting fucked, if you time skip, you'll see her getting fucked in a different position.
    - Route selection. I wasn't sold on this one in the demo, and was a little disappointed with it making into the final product. Would've preferred if your actions in the Prologue impacted the routes you'd end up on. Would've given people more freedom to play the routes that they wanted.

CG quality:
    The CG is good. I feel like, we'd have gotten better scenes if he didn't decide to start practicing animation mid-way through development. Animations while decent weren't needed.
    Also, there seems to be a quality difference between scenes designed early in development and scenes designed recently. For example, the gangbang in Nobuo route was designed way early in the dev cycle. I know this because I remember seeing its concept in a very early update. That's why it looks so good. Compare that to Yasui route gangbangs, you'll notice the Yasui ones pale in comparison. This might've been avoided if he didn't increase development complexity by adding animations.

Scene variety:
    It's decent but I can't help but wonder that it could've been better. For example, Yasui fucks Ryoka in only one fucking outfit and in only one or two fucking locations. The basketball outfit isn't utilized as much. Neither is the white top that gets transparent when she's sweaty. I mean the basketball outfit is in the previews despite being used only once. That's disappointing.

Routes:
    - Yasui. My favorite route in the base game and again my favorite one in this game. He corrupted her just like how I expected him to. Broke her innocence and turned her into a cum dump. I would've preferred at least 1 or 2 additional stray NPC scenes though. For example, the basketball nerd could've fucked her after she stops wearing a bra during basketball practice. This way, we'd have gotten an additional scene in that outfit and would've gotten another stray NPC scene to prove her slutinesss. The guys that gangbang Ryoka in the car, I'd have preferred another set of CG for her with them post-corruption before the Saki-Ryoka event with them.

As mentioned earlier, this route had potential for clothes corruption. Ryoka's school outfit could've gotten skimpier. Shorter skirt, slight cleavage and no bra at high corruption levels would've been hot.

The route ending was weird. I know QOS is making its rounds in the hentai community but I don't think Castella understands what's hot about QOS. Seeing a little spade tip peaking through the cleavage of the character model of an innocent character while the rest of the spade hidden is one of the highlights of QOS NTR designs. Then, the FMC slowly gets more corrupt as time passes and her outfit becomes skimpier making QOS more visible signifying the end of her corruption. Case in point, it should've been a separate mini-route.

- Oyama. I feel like it didn't contribute much to the base game. I wasn't the biggest fan.

- Tajiri. I liked the extensions to his route. Would've preferred an orgy with Saki and Ryoka with homeless. But that's just me.

- Diasuke. I liked it. Nothing much to say.

- Masaru. It was hilarious because the game sort of implies that Keita got cucked by someone with a smaller penis than him. But, I can't comment too much on the route since my experience was soured by the route end not playing.

- Nobuo. My second favorite route. Loved what he did with this. Would've preferred the brats by the river to have also had a go at her. But, I liked it. The corruption levels did rise to quickly on this one which isn't great imo. As mentioned earlier in this long ass post, would've preferred more clothe corruption. Like having Ryoka stop wearing a bra for all outfits and running around the village in a sweaty white t-shirt revealing her boobs.

- Kurosaki. What an actual piece of shit route. The route needs you to beat previous ones to be unlocked. It creates a hype for itself that way only two fail spectacularly. The route has no mention besides the normal end of the base game. So, unlike other routes, there was no reason to skip the corruption phase.
    Also, Kurosaki is such a non-character. Sekiguchi being the sole focus would've been more interesting. He dated and fucked girls on a whim. It'd have been better if the route had either not existed or was a full on "Office slut" Ryoka route where Sekiguchi sort of fills in Yasui's role. Practically, he should've axed it completely.

- Good end. Kinda weak imo. Would've preferred to actually play this one than just see some unskippable events.

Saki stuff:
    I've never been a fan of her character. But seems like those who liked her in the base game would enjoy this as she has a lot of CGs.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

xxpupopupo

I agree with some the people here, if the game is good or not it really depends on what are you looking for in a hentai game, so read all these reviews with that in mind.

The gameplay is worthless, you choose which path you wanna go with at the start of the game so there's no freedom at all like the previous game had, so if you are looking for a fun game, this is not it.
    However, if you enjoy NTR, and played the previous game (or even if you didn't played it and you just want a quick fap out of a silly hentai game) you'll enjoy it for sure because of the top tier art, scenes, and animations.

So yeah, we are all a bit dissapointed by this one but i'm sure we played much worse.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Inuyasaha

Im sure the route selector at start makes for easier programming but it sure makes the "game play" fucking boring. unlike the battle royale of the orginal scars, After is a completely linear scene collector. Granted most of those scenes are good with a few exceptions (was the close up of oyama's ass really necessary?).

the animations don't really add much and some just look janky.

for a positive note: there is a lot more saki content if thats your thing.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

xivas

TLDR Rating:
    • You have played SoS1 and wanted to see more of each route: 5/5
    • You have NOT played SoS1 and just looking for a good NTR story: 3/5
    • You are looking for an actual game: 1/5

This is why the reviews are so divisive...because it really isnt meant for everyone.

You will get the most out of this game if you play this as an extension of 1. Like you might even want to go back and refresh your memory of a specific route before continuing here because they are THAT intertwined. Stories here will make 0 sense if you did not play SoS1.

Honestly this should have just been a DLC of the base game where the additonal contents are added, but perhaps there are technical reasons why it was not.

That being said, if you enjoyed the scenes of SoS1, you will have a blast here.
    They even added animations to some scenes (y)
  7. 3.00 star(s)

cleanfeel

There's really no gameplay unfortunately. You're just walking around and it's up to you to watch the scenes or not. You press the T key to skip time and watch the scenes. It's a glorified scene enhancer where the girl gets corrupted. You do not affect the ending. It's mid.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

welehcool123

Not sure why this is called Peak. This is just another mid NTR. Probably because this game is released in 2024, where NTR game has been evolved so much, getting more innovative & getting better, yet this game felt like a 2020 game.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Comrade BLin

-It's still a good game base on the H-games standard but a fall from grace if compare to the first game.
    -Think of it like a patch to make the routes longer rather than an actual sequel.
    -The scenes are great, but there is literally no gameplay, just walk and collect scenes.
    3/5
    I didn't even mention the hype for it ruined after 4 years.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Kabokle

Big review coming. You've been warned!

I'm a big fan of this circle and I still believe the first game to be a 10/10 - my opinion from years ago of playing it on release hasn't changed. The ambience, art, vibes and overall story in the original is unmatched imo - hence why to this day we still get bad Scars Of summer rip-offs every now and then. The game had a big impact and yes, while polarizing (with some people hating it) it is still influential to the genre. On that game, you had exploration and corruption - it felt as if the progression of events in general just had better pacing, and every route had it's endings and consequences (even the good one!).

After is, basically, an addition. You'll get a deeper look into what happened after most endings - or a deeper look into how Ryoka's fall into depravity happened. But, this time, it's done through a more linear way - you pick a route at the menu (after a soul crushing reminder of an opening to remind Keita that this girl that is the love of his life is about to be lost forever lol), and follow the days snooping around, trying to call her or understand what's going on as you spend one more excruciating week in the house. In most routes, Ryoka has already given in - she's had sex multiple times, is pregnant or things have already come to a point of no return. I love, once again, the ambience, music, scenarios - you really get used to the city and interacting with things feels meaningful. The game by default forces you to play one route at a time, in a different - but not unpleasant - gameplay structure from the first. It's sad because I'm seeing a lot of people say this doesn't qualify as NTR/BSS - when it quite literally defines it. You're watching consequences in 99% of the routes and scenes. In most routes, actually, in the menu, you can see she still loves Keita - only completely falling as everything progresses. If you see this game as a "chapter 2" to Sos1 it becomes easier to understand - the corruption won't start slow.

Once again, I love the NTR-writing. The endings progress naturally and nothing feels too out of place. She starts a family with the Vagrant in his ending, a classic thing where she was just completely stolen, with Keita coming back months later to see her pregnant and living happily. Then she marries Daisuke in his ending, completely conquered by the muscular weirdo - and Keita receives a fucking invitation to attend the fucking ceremony (which if you choose to go is SO sad). She becomes a baby factory in Oyama's hands - now married and bound forever to the dirtiest old man in the village, never being able to leave. Yasui is what you'd expect - Ryoka is forced into even more depravity and by the end has been fucked by pretty much the whole city (and her sister goes along with it), becoming a full blown whore. Just completely fucked up and tragic if you compare to how she is at the start of the story.

I wasn't a big fan of Masaru's or Nobuo's routes in this. They were cruel, yes - still twisting the knife in about her being stolen - but they felt more like cgs that should have been in SoS1 than their own thing. But I sure do love the Final ending - Keita finally getting married to her and blah blah blah. That last cg of her with their baby in the hospital was sweet.

And even though I was excited for the addition of another character - I think everyone agrees that his route was underwhelming. Yes, her getting dirty with this unknown weirdo and fucking him for money is cool, but... she's already done most of that, even in 1. I think that attention could have went in more scenes with the other guys, or even scenes with Keita? Idk. I don't hate them because I like the art and the sex itself, just didn't felt as good as the other ones.

Art is still top-notch. Very few characters in hgames are as charming as Ryoka is imo. The scenes are hot, there's different angles, expressions and details (even hickies/marks on her body you can spot), sprite sex, shadow/hidden scenes and lots of interactions involving perspective and the cellphone. And for the men, there's as much variety here as possible. Gyaruo, muscular, ugly bastard, fat UB, weirdo, playboys, shotas, normal-looking ass guys, you name it.

Saki was a surprise in this - she had a lot of scenes and teasing stuff all around. You can basically watch her fall along with Ryoka - doubling down in the pain of losing both of them (at the same time, in some routes). Though, again, I'd say I would be okay with like 50% of her content being directed towards Ryoka instead, but that's just me.

I like the game for what it is - an addition. It is linear, direct and delivers on what it set out to be. But it certainly doesn't top SoS1. Sadly I think people are misjudging the game and the creator - while being disappointed with their own expectations - which were fucking astronomical. I didn't see people being THIS negative even with actual lackluster releases (Ochikano, that last nuko majin game, etc etc).

Overall a good game - though far from the way stronger and more well-rounded NTR experience the original was. But then, again - the idea wasn't to make a sequel, a Scars of Summer 2 or a different story. See it as an expansion to this universe's content - adding to the great experience SoS1 was.

Give it a chance and support the dev if you enjoyed it - he went through some real shit to get this done.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

usernameidgaf

I am a really big fan of the original. I loved the art styles and the story-telling as well as how well the writing makes the MC seem so useless and pathetic while making the FMC an innocent girl who succumbs to her own desires as well as the MC's inability to make the first move.

This game sells that same exact feeling, but I find it a little underwhelming. After 6 years in development, I do not want the same feeling, I want more.

FMC has already been passed around the entire village in my playthrough, so it makes very little sense as to why she's still playing innocent. It would make more sense if we were instead burrowing DEEPER into cuckold feeling. I expected more sluttiness, more assertiveness, more horniness from FMC. Something where the game opens with FMC and MC finally having a moment together, but now it's an upward battle to win her back from her desires in the original game.

I'm giving 4 stars because there is still has yet to be a game that comes close to a game where it delivers such a heartbreaking and devastating pain for cuckold POV.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

meatyeat

SPOILER FILLED REVIEW

For having “After" in the title you'd expect more content that takes place after the original game. Yet what we are given is mostly scenes that are crammed in before the originals endings. This results in content that is incredibly similar and a lack of actual new developments. Most of the routes still have the massive time skips after the school trip that many thought this game shouldve filled in.

If you wanted to see how Ryoka progressed into the tattooed, dyed hair prostitute that takes drugs that we see in the last frame of Yasuis route in the original, too bad. All you get is more filler scenes that couldve been in the first game and then, just like the original, a skip to new content for one ending scene.

Oh you wanted to see Ryokas servant/master dynamic escalate in Nobuos mansion where the first game left off? No, heres some random new characters that were retconned in and hijack most of his route for no reason.

Fan of the original Oyama route and want to see it reach higher levels of lewdness? Nah, lets make half his scenes teasing only (they had already fucked for multiple days straight before in the timeline already) two scenes missionary with oyamas ass taking most of the view and then finally give them a threesome and pregnancy scene to end it off (wow where have we seen this before).

Also a problem is the animation. I have always found the artists rough art to be charming, but at times the little details and shading they had are sacrificed for these almost "chibi"-like animations where proportions and perspectives are just bizarre. Theres a specific blowjob animation where she just looks like a blob with no lips, which is a shame since its reused in just about every route.

There is just a massive lack progression. We do not witness Ryoka become corrupted. Its either skipped to for a final ending scene, or in a majority of the routes there is never any change in her or the relationships; Its just vanilla with an ugly bastard thrown in and a no-involvement MC vehicle to view them. We never see Ryoka become a sex addict or lose her passiveness. We already had a game focused on the drawn out building of the relationships, what we really needed was a focus on the corruption and sex.

As someone who enjoyed the first one and even subbed to the author during his development of the original game,I have to say: This game is mediocre and a disappointment, and when you remember the 5 year development time, it becomes a gut wrenching failure.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Hnta66

Sadly Japan have trend for few years like %60 erogame makers is making NTR games so if you go jp DL site you can find 10000 or more so what this means ? its like making trendy food until its gets old and boring its same for game its just anohter NTR game with dumb MC FMC and plus other chracters she falls and becomes whore of village town whatever is that then thats nothing more like every dumb NTR game out there sure theres few good ones but sadly this is worse then first and reason for that first is old and can be bad but second one needs to be better but you see there its not.
    Art is good other things meh its like every classic NTR game out there you can play it for art and scenes and this is classic JAPANS NUKİGE aka knows as Fapping game nothing more. normally i give 3 star but for art sake i give 4.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Son1cc

Just as mediocre as the first one. This one is worse because there are no improvements. Overloaded with pointless activities that give you nothing, you walk like an idiot all over the big, empty and texture cheapest map with very bad design to find an event to the right path. Boring and unengaging. And I don't see the point in a sequel where corruption and NTR has already happened. It's more like just Append.

The drawings are good as always, but everything else just mid at best. You can just go to the gallery and you won't lose much. 4 years for this game? That's ridiculous, it should be clear that the developer was just milking the fanbase on ci-en.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

FADIC

I was really hyped for this game, and I hate to say it but is average to good. In the first game, you had a story that was destructively good, showing the pure way and the awful and decadent way. The first game explains why things ended the way they did, highlighting the inherent insecurities that all humans possess."

But now after the 5th day you just have a "line" the FMC is way more sexier in this game but all is just a line, and you can't do nothing except watch, the choises are 0 and of course is just sex that become boring. The only time they think about something is at the start of every story, then is just decadence and the "corrupt story" is after you finished 6 VN_RPGM storys (the gymbro, the homless, the richie rich, that one's that was in the first game)

The art is 10/10
    The story lacks 5/10
    gameplay shine by its absence 3/10
    +Bonus that u can see the sister way more sexy
    Is a solid 3.5 game
  16. 3.00 star(s)

kutechip1

Art: 9/10
    Story: 5/10
    Gameplay: 5/10

Actually downgrade compare to previous game, gameplay like a VN with just a little rpg element
    And heroine already corrupted so nothing to do here, mc not even react with anything

edit: if you want good ntr game try Yuri & Claire - Balancing Love and Betrayal by Nitoowa, art is decent but the story and character development is really top tier ntr
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Dimitry710

10/10, Una de las mejores novelas RPGM de la categoría "NTR" que hay en "DLsite", en mi humilde opinión superando a la primera y siendo el fin de una secuela bastante esperada y exitosa, si no te gusta el morbo o no te atrae este tipo de genero al verlo en Mod "ESPECTADOR" esta novela no es para ti seguí buscando vainillas, yo me quedo con el morbo la excitación y el deseo sexual saludos.