Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The animation looks good to me i might say better then most of the SOL animation which are full of mistakes (if u watch closely u will see how lazy he is making them), Im not a pro but i can draw and animated a h-scene in a day with live2d and i make bunch of pauses during the process.
Here is an example of something i did (took me like 2 hours to make it).
View attachment 677586
Hehe, her mouth looks a bit weird going concave instead of convex, but it is indeed almost exactly like SOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011 and Chabbo

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
The shit show goes on...

One thing i notice when a patreon hides his statistics it's that means something's wrong, like in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
The shit show goes on...

One thing i notice when a patreon hides his statistics it's that means something's wrong, like in this case.
Its hidden for a good while now, that was a discussion a few months ago, he hide it so that people wont know how much money he was making and so that people wont criticize him like "the amount of money u making u should have more content in ur updates" or "hire a extra person to help u" stuff like that.

Reactions: Hajtand

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Its hidden for a good while now, that was a discussion a few months ago, he hide it so that people wont know how much money he was making and so that people wont criticize him like "the amount of money u making u should have more content in ur updates" or "hire a extra person to help u" stuff like that.
The last static that shows graphtreon, that was on July or August, he had 1600 supporters on patreon, pretty sure it went downhill after that.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there currently mods for this game? I'd rather play the mods than wait for updates if they're this rare.
The dev won't allow it, that's why there is DRM that apparently lags the game drastically for some people.

Holy fuck, 200 pages of whining under a game that's hella awesome and in some regards better than Summertime Saga. And really hot too. Sister is like the cute one from Snow Daze, but without the bitchiness.

Also, don't be daft, people. "Patreon holds no power over third parties". Yeah. And they will still ban content creator if their modded work gets traction. Dude's making awesome shit, albeit slowly, but the progress is there.

No wonder he's worried over losing his fucking job. And if he includes DRM in his own work to stop people from restoring his own work he himself deleted? Personally, as a fellow creator, I think it's goddam right. Just as slapp suits are if he sees it fit.

In the end I support the man because he jerks me off through a computer screen. Not because he's a mellow dude that lets people do whatever with his content even if it can get him banned.
No, no they will not. There are A LOT of games, many of which are even on this website, that have used a patch, a third party patch, to get around Patreon restrictions and Patreon has not and cannot do a thing because they can't trace the work back to the dev. This dev is simply paranoid. He's making his content slowly because he's too preoccupied trying to prevent the inevitable using DRM. Where one modder gives up, there will always be another. That supposed right is what is causing both the delay and the apparent lag that some are facing. I support his game, but his actions I do not.

If u dont like the whinning and hate, why u even here commenting move along.
Agreed, we are whining because his prevention of mods is taking valuable development time away from the game we like.

First post of "coolalee" be like:

View attachment 677313

I have, heard about this game called Summertime Saga. I fear, it may be geting this traction, of which you speak. I hope, it doesn't get banned, for having just such a mod and having had it for ages.

Yeah let's forget about the actuallity of the lawsuit and the quarter of a year he spend making a hangman game and what was it tick tack toe? While allegedly working full time with a team on the game as part of his patreon 3rd goal.
Let's forget about all his previous games, which were also "full of potential". And then their development all stagnated, as he barely did any work on the games... only to do the same thing a few years down the line again and now again again with this "project". You called it whine, but you never even tried refute any of points being made, provided you even bothered to read. The strawman you are trying to make isn't fooling anyone.

But it's okay Boner Games, the're still tons of fools supporting your dairy project. Or is the well running dry as people are figuring you out?
It won't, Patreon can't even trace the work to the dev because it only relates by being for the game in question. I agree, this waste of time better spent on the actual game is why we are whining.

Asset flips... do you even know what it means? Those are not default models. A ton of work has been made on them. Ask ANYONE with some knowledge in the field, what would take the longest to make. Those handrawn models or the daz models and animations.
I have some experience in game development, though more on the writing and coding side, and I can confirm custom art is more time consuming than any other aspect assuming the game in question uses custom art. Models are still time consuming, but not nearly on the level of a fully handmade game, which I can say with certainty this is not.

My friend did this in just a day. Granted he did the whole day with just breaks for eating and from 7 am to 9 pm.
View attachment 677553
Impressive

The animation looks good to me i might say better then most of the SOL animation which are full of mistakes (if u watch closely u will see how lazy he is making them), Im not a pro but i can draw and animated a h-scene in a day with live2d and i make bunch of pauses during the process.
Here is an example of something i did (took me like 2 hours to make it).
View attachment 677586
Also not bad

The shit show goes on...

The last static that shows graphtreon, that was on July or August, he had 1600 supporters on patreon, pretty sure it went downhill after that.
Potentially, maybe he is finally bleeding funds as was predicted months ago when this whole mod mess started.

Reactions: obiwan and Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The dev won't allow it, that's why there is DRM that apparently lags the game drastically for some people.

No, no they will not. There are A LOT of games, many of which are even on this website, that have used a patch, a third party patch, to get around Patreon restrictions and Patreon has not and cannot do a thing because they can't trace the work back to the dev. This dev is simply paranoid. He's making his content slowly because he's too preoccupied trying to prevent the inevitable using DRM. Where one modder gives up, there will always be another. That supposed right is what is causing both the delay and the apparent lag that some are facing. I support his game, but his actions I do not.

Agreed, we are whining because his prevention of mods is taking valuable development time away from the game we like.

It won't, Patreon can't even trace the work to the dev because it only relates by being for the game in question. I agree, this waste of time better spent on the actual game is why we are whining.

I have some experience in game development, though more on the writing and coding side, and I can confirm custom art is more time consuming than any other aspect assuming the game in question uses custom art. Models are still time consuming, but not nearly on the level of a fully handmade game, which I can say with certainty this is not.

Impressive

Also not bad

Potentially, maybe he is finally bleeding funds as was predicted months ago when this whole mod mess started.
We are in agreement. I'd just like to say, I did also mention the animations. The ones from ToN are not the typically overused ones from renderotica etc. Unlike SOL there's a ton of custom assets in ToN, and they are both using the same engine RPGMAKER MV. The animations in Live2D are not as time consuming as rendering image for image like in old Disney cartoons.

Once you have the basics made, it's pretty easy to animate, customize, and re-use. You don't need to re-draw every image, you just need one (per ankle for the scene). There's not the same amount of details you have to keep in mind as with rendering in a full 3d environment. You can see in the general discussion forum, where people spends aeons just getting the lighting right in DAZ. Can DAZ be easy? Yes, but the quality will fall. This is not what we are seeing in ToN. We have to judge them on the premise of their work, not simply from the software used. As has been mentioned before, the animations in SOL are sloppy.

Last edited:

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
U gotta separate the art from the artist and plus im not on his patreon so yea
Why is that? Idk how many people are working there, but nobody is doing a good work, so i blame everyone the same.

Even I'm pretty sure they're refreshing yiff party every second just make sure nobody shares the last post or even older posts.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 41 Votes