Apr 20, 2018
I typed this under Waifu Academy I believe but this developer has the same issue but perhaps even worse.
If I recall correctly "Boner Games" has people assigned to different things e.g. coding and art.
I loved this game about 2 years ago when I found it... But nearly no content has released since; we at least have sex in the game now but even then we get less than an hour of playable content per year.

I can't say exactly how much this gremlin makes min-max as he fully hid his patron numbers (no money total, nor patron total) But I remember him earning 20k at some point if I'm not wrong.
The art is nice and while the 3d movement can look weird sometimes it's still also pretty decent.
The issue arises with what I can only assume to be work ethic.
The dev, like Waifu Academy's; is lazy.

Then we have the huge secondary issue of pouring resources into preventing the game from being spread for free.
The 1 thing I'm against f95 for is letting games that don't wanna be uploaded be uploaded the same day.
I feel a 1-week wait for non-patrons, in general, is fair.
I'd like to see more games either have a free release on patch day or within a week.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
At this point i really think no one is supporting them. I mean, since they hided how many patreon are supporting them and how much they do, i think nobody is paying shit.

UNNI_FIED

Sep 21, 2020
You will get used to it in no time, every updates coming out Boner games would spend his time and effort to DMCA site like Mega in hope to stop the piracy being spread. So in these time you better download from site like nopy or uploadheaven because he can't touch them
Understandable, gotta stay cautious when it comes to this matter, and Nopy is super fine, too

Tragic Princess

Dec 30, 2019
Man this was the first and only game I pledged to patreon just before it seemed like the updates became infrequent and lacked content, It's been like 3 years and we're just on 5.3a? And even then he's barely added anything of note? Except patrolling around making sure nobody is able to play it besides patrons who I can only assume are as devoted to this as Yandere Sim at this point.

What a let down.
Maybe they're perverted cops, who struggle with righteousness and corruption.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
You will get used to it in no time, every updates coming out Boner games would spend his time and effort to DMCA site like Mega in hope to stop the piracy being spread. So in these time you better download from site like nopy or uploadheaven because he can't touch them
easily avoided by NOT COPY PASTING THE TITLE.
i often wonder how most people don't get caught pirating.
I mean if you have cocaine hidden in a box, would you Label the box "Cocaine inside" ?
just name the upload "G-SL53a" which will evade any bot designed to search the web for pirated copies.

Oct 8, 2018
Funny thing is that not even all patrons get to play it, since anyone pledging below 10$ gets only thank you in return for their money.
So they stop people who actually pay for their game from playing it while simultaneously wasting all their time and resources in trying to prevent pirating but end up still getting pirated anyway? Yikes, the problem is the dev is lazy and dumb. The worst possible combination. The dev seems to not understand that this site facilitates growth and a better income flow, not inhibits it.

Reactions: hentai charley

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
The dev seems to not understand that this site facilitates growth and a better income flow, not inhibits it.
Funny thing №2: from the patreon it looks like the dev doesn't lack money at all and the whole scheme works as clock. Check his patreon goals:
1) We will spend more time on developing our games.
2) We will spend even more time on developing our games.
3) We will work full-time on our games.
4) We will add voice acting to our games.
5) We will hire a composer and add original music tracks to our games.
6) We will translate our games to other languages.

All reached, but how much actually fullfilled? Is there voice acting? Is there original music? Is there languages besides english? Do any of them even in development? Do devs make a lot of content every month? Did the speed of development actually changed since the development started?

Heck, from the side it looks more like an anti-piracy campaign with a bit of 18+ spin, where patreons pay for development of anti-piracy solutions and occasionally get some booty as a reward, and not even all of them qualify for it.

3.70 star(s) 41 Votes