Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Well, loading a file as string, decrypting that string to a new copy, creating a base64-encoded copy of that copy, then loading a new copy of the copy of that copy. Then keeping that copy for all eternity... Not expensive at all!
Since the game has to do it for every file I thought that maybe it wasn't as resource expensive as it seemed, because surely the dev wouldn't have programmed the game to do something so ludicrous like having a super intensive process happen every time a file is loaded... I don't even know why I gave them the benefit of the doubt though since that sounds exactly like something they would do lol.

Reactions: bas

powiee

Apr 14, 2018
excuse me, stupid question coming thru. the plugin.js should replace the other one or just sit as a txt

theadenter

Jan 15, 2018
I'll look into it once I get back home.

Use the modified plugins config I provided earlier. Tho some people reported issues with busts, I need to look into it.
I have decoded original plugins.js and tried to play with plugins parameters. For now I have experimentally found, that those parameters below allow talk animations. I've played one ingame day with it.
Game loading slower than your version, but a lot faster than original. Sound issues still exists for me.
Removing either l2d/ or .png from this config results in talking problems.
Code:
{
        "name": "DhoomPreCache",
        "status": true,
        "description": "Dhoom PreCache v1.2c - 07/07/2018",
        "parameters": {
            "Auto Picture Cache": "true",
            "Auto Picture Release": "true",
            "Keep Cache Filename": "",
            "Image Extensions": "[\".png\"]",
            "Folders": "[\"l2d/\"]",
            "Files": "[]",
            "Ignored Folders": "[\"img/system/psd files\"]",
            "Ignored Files": "[\"img/system/Window1-old.png\"]"
        }
}
If anyone interested in testing, I've attached my version of plugins.js below. Backup old file first.

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
Even with a memory patch game just freezing - no UI is active, nothing except Alt+F4 is working. Shame.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Does the Mega file include the incest version? Also what's up with this incest anyway?

3.60 star(s) 42 Votes