Tutorial Search inside a thread

BananaPyjama

Oct 22, 2017
How to: Search inside a thread.
or; How I learned not to fill threads with unnecessary posts and questions.
(Game thread and search word for this tutorial is only used as example.)

Go to the thread where you would like to find something, and in the upper right corner click the search bar (search box).
Search.png

Type what you'd like to find out about (can be a single word, multiple word, or an entire phrase*). Make sure 'This thread' is chosen, and click 'Search'.
Search_2_electric_boogaloo.png

Profit!
Search_in_Space_(Search_3).png

"But the results aren't in order, so I still have to look through several pages to find the latest version of the patch/fix/conversion that I'm looking for. :("

Yea, it's really fucking annoying to have to go through all those unnecessary shit posts, innit? That's what the first part of this tutorial is here to hopefully combat.
However, regarding your first concern, there is a solution to that as well. And with that seamless link, let's get right to the next part.

How to: Search inside a thread,
and get your result sorted by date.

(My account being used here is only because I'm to lazy to screen grab someone else's.)

In the upper right corner you'll find your account, click on it and in the list click on 'Preferences'.
Recent.png Recent_2_electric_boogaloo.png

Scroll down 'til you find 'Search Options', mark 'Most recent' and then click Wally_(aka_Waldo)_You_found_him!.png at the bottom of the screen.
Recent_in_Space_(Recent_3).png

And you're done.

(There's no image here, because I believe in your ability to understand it without a visual aid.)

True_Words.png

*When searching for a '100% save-file' one might type "100 save" or "full save",
when/if one's searching for a compressed version, without any luck, then "crunched" might be an alternative word to search for.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Nerdrage72

Jun 26, 2017
You got to be fucking kidding me. your telling me, i've been on this site for 7 fucking years, scrolling thru what seemed like a chaos of a search order without ever finding out why i couldnt do by date (despite numerous attempts). Only to NOW find out its an account preference. I just assumed the developers of this site were mentally challenged, but no it is I.

gg man, most useful thing posted on this entire site. Could you maybe point me towards any other tips and tricks of this site, doesnt have to be just the search function (tho prefrably, cause i still struggle a bit with it) but just any threads or posts, you would deem someone with my mental capacity will also find useful?