Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes
Oct 10, 2018
Question, I love the game just the way it is, but are there any mods out there to put different characters in it? Like, use this game engine but swap out the ponies with say, Sonic characters, digimon, etc? If not what would it take to that? Besides creating the art assets what else would need to be done or who could I pay to do it?
You could try contacting Pusspuss about making a character for the game since they're working (worked?) on the art assets already. Would also need to contact Levy to implement the character in the game. No idea on costs.

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
Question, I love the game just the way it is, but are there any mods out there to put different characters in it? Like, use this game engine but swap out the ponies with say, Sonic characters, digimon, etc? If not what would it take to that? Besides creating the art assets what else would need to be done or who could I pay to do it?
Don't think that's easy to do in the old engine, I remember Levy vaguely going over that process some months ago, the current in-progress one is being designed to make that much easier though.

So, I figure I can make character creation easier for myself by writing a tool to edit characters and items together from existing assets. It'll be a big upgrade over the spreadsheet software I'm using.
To actually be a boost to my dev speed, this needs to run in-engine so I can immediately see the results of tweaks. That means it'll be bundled with the game engine. So, it could be used by players too. Not a full Bethesda character creation screen, but a tool for easy-ish in-game character/item modding
For now, making completely new graphics like custom toys or manestyles will remain near-impossible, since this feature doesn't solve that difficulty.
But... making this tool requires the ability to read and write files for each new object or character. Which also means individual modded character files could be made and shared by players.Â
(a reminder that these are future features, not currently implemented)

wakeangel2001

Dec 14, 2022
Don't think that's easy to do in the old engine, I remember Levy vaguely going over that process some months ago, the current in-progress one is being designed to make that much easier though.
I see, but given the way the characters are posed it seems this could work if they were more humanoid, all the moving parts would still be in the same place. The only thing that would really need to be changed is the position of breasts, to put them on the chest instead of the pelvis.

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
Small News
-
-

Progress update- stay tuned~
Hey y'all, right now I'm working on the game and house stuff at the same time. The current focus is still prototyping to find the target "flow" for interacting with the game, penetration, and aiming toys. I'll show off every piece of visual progress that comes from this. But atm the house stuff is taking all my remaining energy, so writing in-depth about the process will have to wait.
That's all for now <3

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
Hm from that gif....look's the same as the old? or i'm wrong...
He's remaking the game with a custom engine he's making (He's doing the penetration mechanics currently), from what I remember the next game update won't have anything visually new with it (Besides maybe running better?), it'll just be backend stuff that'll make game development much easier for them.

Reactions: M_e_*

souldray

Jun 5, 2020
He's remaking the game with a custom engine he's making (He's doing the penetration mechanics currently), from what I remember the next game update won't have anything visually new with it (Besides maybe running better?), it'll just be backend stuff that'll make game development much easier for them.
Hm, i just thinking that with new engine he do some new thing visually or with the gameplay. Oh, that's mean first of all we might have just the base game(I wonder how long it take's) and then the new content....Wow, that might take some bigger time that i expected....i hope wee live long enough...and the author

Reactions: M_e_*

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, he's redoing the engine from scratch for a lot of reasons, like getting the code nice and clean, untangling spaghetti code, allowing future gameplay mechanics, that kind of stuff. When the game comes out again, it's probably not going to be THAT different from before, but it should allow for much quicker content to come out, like having the engine be used to make that Project Maple game, or implementing new/modded characters, etc.

Sucks it's taking so long, but the goober is making a pretty complex sex sim with complex interactions and way too much simulation, so it makes sense it's taking so long. I honestly would've bet money he would've given up by now, but it's cool that he's still chugging along.

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, he's redoing the engine from scratch for a lot of reasons, like getting the code nice and clean, untangling spaghetti code, allowing future gameplay mechanics, that kind of stuff. When the game comes out again, it's probably not going to be THAT different from before, but it should allow for much quicker content to come out, like having the engine be used to make that Project Maple game, or implementing new/modded characters, etc.

Sucks it's taking so long, but the goober is making a pretty complex sex sim with complex interactions and way too much simulation, so it makes sense it's taking so long. I honestly would've bet money he would've given up by now, but it's cool that he's still chugging along.
Based on his description. The engine will be on a whole other level as a pony anatomy simulation.

Catbat

Feb 22, 2020
Hmm interesting that my call that there would be no release probably for a year appears to be coming true. Where is that fellow claiming there was going to be a release in July?

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes