Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

koalaxgill

Jan 1, 2020
Update from the developer:

------------------

So here's the state of things. I've just received the bulk of the art assets I need. That means the main bottleneck is gone and I can finally finish this update. While I've been (impatiently) waiting for that, I've been using this time to flesh out the game subsystems that interact with the main feature of this update- deepthroating.
My remaining tasks are: rig all the new assets, test the rigs, and finish up the game systems code I've been working on. I'm hoping to drop the update sometime this week.
This has been a frustrating wait. In my last post, I genuinely thought I'd only be delayed a day or two by the art assets, but clearly that wasn't the case. The next time there's vital art needed to release an update, I'm going to handle it differently. I have to be mindful about how much time my artist has available to dedicate to my project, and to have a backup plan in case they can't finish in time. It's been a pretty blunt lesson in team management.
While I don't like making you guys wait, I'm also not stressing out, because the extra time hasn't gone to waste. I want to do oral right. It's a complex feature that'll require multiple updates to finish. The wait means it'll be a little more solid when it first drops.
Still, thank you guys for waiting, and letting me know how much you're anticipating this update. I'll do my best to deliver! <3

- Levy
------------

Hopefully we'll see the update someday this week.

thanks for showing us

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
Or Rack 2, the game where we got a SIX month delay, all the while the dev's still taking in some five-figure profit for his game doing nothing but commissioning art on FA.

(Drive-by edit, now in late 2023: Rack 2 still hasn't updated.)

Last edited:

The guy_34

Nov 20, 2018

yep, I'm slow. still plonking along >.<'
Here's where I'm at: I just finished putting all the art assets for this update into the rigs. That took a bit, since the layering around the heads and manes needs a lot of fiddling. I still need to mesh them so they animate properly, which should take about a day. After that, I need to test all the new code stuff against the new rig stuff and fix any emergent bugs. I know there'll be a few issues to work through, especially with the characters of non-standard heights.
So it's a bunch of minor tasks left. It doesn't look like any of them are major time sinks, but I'm usually wrong about that. I'll post more updates as I finish stuff so you guys can keep track of progress a little better.
okay back to plonking
<3

Reactions: tohot2pimp

koalaxgill

Jan 1, 2020

yep, I'm slow. still plonking along >.<'
Here's where I'm at: I just finished putting all the art assets for this update into the rigs. That took a bit, since the layering around the heads and manes needs a lot of fiddling. I still need to mesh them so they animate properly, which should take about a day. After that, I need to test all the new code stuff against the new rig stuff and fix any emergent bugs. I know there'll be a few issues to work through, especially with the characters of non-standard heights.
So it's a bunch of minor tasks left. It doesn't look like any of them are major time sinks, but I'm usually wrong about that. I'll post more updates as I finish stuff so you guys can keep track of progress a little better.
okay back to plonking
<3
thanks for updating us

Reactions: The guy_34

Beru-kun

Jun 4, 2017
Or Rack 2, the game where we got a SIX month delay, all the while the dev's still taking in some five-figure profit for his game doing nothing but commissioning art on FA.
Lol they still doing Rack 2 ?
I thought they had finished already LMAO.
Thing is in my opinion does not matter the time it takes as long it is good. :D

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
Lol they still doing Rack 2 ?
I thought they had finished already LMAO.
Thing is in my opinion does not matter the time it takes as long it is good. :D
Nah, Rack 2 is still a broken mess that's barely any fun to play, and still doesn't really have much content to look at. It's going so badly the dev has actually admitted a few times that he's in way over his head and is basically floundering. I think he's using the Rack 1 touchup project as a way to distract himself from his colossal fuckup.

Anyway, more thread-related, I'm looking forward to this SHF update, but I kinda hope they get around to adding some more depth to the game; cumflating pastel critters is fun for a while, but there's no goals or anything to keep us busy.
The dev's working on another project which kinda looks like MLP inflation Factorio, which I'm definitely looking forward to even more.

Annonx

Aug 20, 2017

Progress Update 4
Hokay, so! My goal is to push out an update late tonight.
I've finished meshing the new manes and most of the rig testing. There's still some rig work to finish up with bounding boxes and fixing up the non-ponies. There's also one more mechanic I want to add to the penetration system to allow it to detect constricting factors around throats, like collars or yokes. Then it's just tuning and clean-up.
There are a few mechanics that honestly are gonna be a bit scuffed this time. Gagging, 'cum-through', suffocation, and so on. They're at the proof of concept stage, and just need more development time to be really good. But as long as they aren't breaking the game, I'll leave in all WIP stuff.
That's the plan!

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes