Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Also, while we're here, the latest version can be downloaded using the credentials linked here. It's a standalone .exe that doesn't need to be unpacked or anything. Also keep in mind that it's technically a WIP, and some things might be prone to breaking.
quelque chose qui change sur la version 0.38
Random scribblings by the developer from the 2021 release of it (I'm not sure if anything's been updated since then):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ScarletIce

Sep 12, 2017
News
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just feel the need to say that I love these updates, they're so much better than what most other creators do. Like, I get that it's been a super long time since a new release, but these updates make it really clear that he is making real, tangible progress on something that's going to be amazing. I really respect his commitment to properly starting over and building a strong foundation for future work. So many other creators try starting over when they realize the engine they've been using is ill-suited to their needs, but they almost always give up once they've actually started. Levy stands out from the rest because not only does he continue to make steady progress towards a well thought out goal, he also provides consistent, detailed updates free of bullshit, and avoids making promises he knows he can't keep. He knows that he doesn't know how long it will take and says so, telling people not to pledge if they are expecting any sort of release in the near future. He clearly and concisely outlines his week's progress and his goals for the following week. His weekly goals are realistic and achievable, and even when things go wrong he is frank about it. Even the inevitable slumps are free of woe-is-me bullshit. He just says "Yeah, didn't get much done cause (insert short explanation about sickness, distraction, or just plain not feeling up to it). Anyways, here is what did get done and here is what I'm planning to work on this week." It's refreshing. I love reading his weekly updates despite not being able to understand half of what he is talking about. Even with my lack of comprehension, it's obvious to me that he is making very real progress and that he well prepared for all the challenges that tend to cause long-term projects to fail. I don't know if he ever reads this thread, but on the off chance he sees this I just want to say that I admire and respect his work. There is no doubt in my mind that he will finish building his engine. If he makes the engine publicly available to other creators it will become one of the new staples alongside Unity, Ren'Py and RPGMaker, the default choice for touch/feel games. So he can take as much time as he needs because it's obvious that it will be worth it in the end.

Poneman

Dec 21, 2022
So many other creators try starting over when they realize the engine they've been using is ill-suited to their needs, but they almost always give up once they've actually started.
It's a common newbie programmer trap. "I'll just throw this out and build a whole new one with what I've learned!" sounds good in theory, but many programs never get to a working state the first time before boredom and burnout hits, rolling those dice twice in a row on the same project (solving the same old problems all over again) is all but guaranteed to get you snake-eyes.
It's usually much easier to fix what you have than throw it out and start over, but it doesn't seem that way when you're inexperienced.

UserTime

Apr 1, 2023
This is Secret Horse Files v38:

MLP Fantasy is Magic.jpg
Теперь можно Secret Horse Files v38 download and play on offline.
Но сначала вам нужно зарегистрироваться на этом сайте, чтобы пропал спойлер.
But you must register on this site, to get download link.

Last edited:

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
how did you get it, why are you speakin russian, why its just an exe and not a winrar like it should be for a offline version, i ain't clicking that thing
Not them, but I'll explain since it's the exact same file I linked earlier, just (admittedly unnecessarily) hosted to mediafire. No, it is not a virus.
The file is an offline version of Secret Horse Files 3 by developer Dailevy, specifically version 0.38. It is an "all-in-one" executable that doesn't require any installation or special procedure to run other than double-clicking the file, making it very convenient to download and share across systems. In lieu of installation, "all-in-one" games instead generally extract any requisite dependencies into %temp%, which can be cleaned up with much greater ease, and simply load its assets directly into RAM when launched instead of writing it to a storage disk.
The file was taken from , which is an official site owned by the developer. Dailevy is cool and provides a complete repository of versions to download for offline use, including older and supporter builds. Supporter builds are hidden in the directory, but can be accessed by directly linking to it (i.e. the last public build link is , so you just change that 33 to 38 and you'll get to it; if you do some digging, you can also access 34-37 the same way), and then provide the proper "login" info to be able to download it.
As for the Russian writing, they might be from Russia, but I can't say for certain.

UserTime

Apr 1, 2023
how did you get it, why are you speakin russian, why its just an exe and not a winrar like it should be for a offline version, i ain't clicking that thing

View attachment 2513746
Oh, my, Fluttergosh! Sorry ^-^
Yeah, I recently register this forum and I RUSSIAN, but is that important?:unsure:
(Imagine that in Russia, they love ponies ... that is wonderful!)

I uploaded this file.exe on mediafire for those doesn't want to waste time.
Why exe, not rar? Why not, if i can upload exe?
1680432198244.png
If you did not belive for me and сексуальной пони Twilight, please:

Last edited:

rungtate

Aug 20, 2021
Here's the EXE file for version .38. Just a simple download/run on it. There are a few bugs I have noticed when changing body types and the mouth size in regards to mouth insertions seems to be the same for every character.

Just to be used as an alternate download in case the main one disappears again.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 9 Votes