Secret Maze- Those Chosen by Heaven

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Somewhat surprising how little profile this game has here. It's huge.
After a specific request, here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.15.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Cooking, quest and achievement system not tested.
There's over 700 maps, expect problems, save often.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
There's a language option in the menu as if the dev planned an English version, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

deesosa

Dec 15, 2018

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Known issues:
There's a language option in the menu as if the dev planned an English version, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
For such a big game, this was basically flawless for me.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019

Known issues:

Installation:

Started this game about 1.5 hrs ago or something. Just got past the (long ass) prologue basically.
Nothing game breaking so far, but ... some of the combat icons are gone, likely TL'd image names incorrectly somewhere
1691407808219.png 1691407826886.png
Escape didn't manage to get translated in battle
1691407882025.png
Ain't got much cooking stuff yet, but I do notice some layout tokens with formatting issues
1691407936042.png
Also in H-Status
1691407973474.png
And item menu
1691408132437.png
Cooking itself, so far it works, but seems mostly un-TL'd
1691408878063.png
Ain't very far in the game yet, so that's about it for now. Though I guess the un-TL'd parts of UI might be because they're hidden in scripts/images, dunno.

Don't think you'll have much use for the save, but I'm adding one just in case.

UPDATE ... I'm sure the 'Steal' mechanic is utterly broken.
1691413075548.png
The JPN version always shows a 2nd line of text after 'person used steal skill' notification (steal success/failure notification). The TL does not, which pretty much means the skill is doing nothing.
Also, in the RAW version the skill actually works and in the TL version it does nothing, even after trying dozens of times. At first I thought it was a low probability thing, but that seems highly unlikely after checking out the RAW.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Started this game about 1.5 hrs ago or something. Just got past the (long ass) prologue basically.
Nothing game breaking so far, but ... some of the combat icons are gone, likely TL'd image names incorrectly somewhere
View attachment 2833348 View attachment 2833349
Escape didn't manage to get translated in battle
View attachment 2833350
Ain't got much cooking stuff yet, but I do notice some layout tokens with formatting issues
View attachment 2833351
Also in H-Status
View attachment 2833353
And item menu
View attachment 2833359
Ain't very far in the game yet, so that's about it for now. Though I guess the un-TL'd parts of UI might be because they're hidden in scripts, dunno.
I translate scripts as well, but with a game this large I have to rely on my own scripts, I can't check everything manually.

I've made a bunch of changes.
Please try SLRMTL1.1.
https://f95zone.to/threads/secret-maze-those-chosen-by-heaven.165835/post-11351203

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I translate scripts as well, but with a game this large I have to rely on my own scripts, I can't check everything manually.

I've made a bunch of changes.
Please try SLRMTL1.1.
https://f95zone.to/threads/secret-maze-those-chosen-by-heaven.165835/post-11351203
No problem. DEV teams will likely have many people testing stuff after it's done (Cyberpunk 2077 excluded I guess :sneaky: ).

Anyway, most of those from my initial posting are fixed (all, but cooking detail, but I guess that's likely image based).
I did add an update, probably just started updating my post before you posted yours, regarding the steal mechanic.

That's still actual.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
No problem. DEV teams will likely have many people testing stuff after it's done (Cyberpunk 2077 excluded I guess :sneaky: ).

Anyway, most of those from my initial posting are fixed (all, but cooking detail, but I guess that's likely image based).
I did add an update, probably just started updating my post before you posted yours, regarding the steal mechanic.

That's still actual.
Yeah That edit wasn't present, yet.

Also that bit about the cooking stuff not being translated. That is not "real" text, it is a bunch of pictures.
While services like Yandex can technically overlay English on pictures automatically, they tend to have pretty high anti bot measures.
I don't know how to properly automate that, and I'm not going to manually edit all those pictures for a simple SLR project.

Stealing fixed in SLRMTL1.11.
That was a dumb one. The dev used an external plugin for the mechanic and that was no longer triggered because the call was still in Japanese.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah That edit wasn't present, yet.

Also that bit about the cooking stuff not being translated. That is not "real" text, it is a bunch of pictures.
While services like Yandex can technically overlay English on pictures automatically, they tend to have pretty high anti bot measures.
I don't know how to properly automate that, and I'm not going to manually edit all those pictures for a simple SLR project.

Stealing fixed in SLRMTL1.11.
That was a dumb one. The dev used an external plugin for the mechanic and that was no longer triggered because the call was still in Japanese.
It's farely rare overall and doesn't really have an impact, but I think the script did drop its name into some labels. :p
1691585442923.png
1691587209975.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
It's farely rare overall and doesn't really have an impact, but I think the script did drop its name into some labels. :p
View attachment 2838504
View attachment 2838565
Oh whoops. I could have sworn I checked for errors.
But yeah that's my fairly new error system.
When my script notices that something doesn't seem to fit the formatting of the original script/effect/call/whatever it is editing, but doesn't find a way to automatically fix it, it removes that bit and instead inserts a fitting error code at the same position.

That way the game doesn't crash if I miss something (Because it doesn't even try to run the broken script), and I know exactly where to look when fixing them.

It's more of a temporary crutch until I manage to make it automatically fix everything correctly, but at least it doesn't crash the game anymore.

All those sections should be fixed in SLRMTL1.2.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Oh whoops. I could have sworn I checked for errors.
But yeah that's my fairly new error system.
When my script notices that something doesn't seem to fit the formatting of the original script/effect/call/whatever it is editing, but doesn't find a way to automatically fix it, it removes that bit and instead inserts a fitting error code at the same position.

That way the game doesn't crash if I miss something (Because it doesn't even try to run the broken script), and I know exactly where to look when fixing them.

It's more of a temporary crutch until I manage to make it automatically fix everything correctly, but at least it doesn't crash the game anymore.

All those sections should be fixed in SLRMTL1.2.
Cool.

I can tell you one thing though. You were right about this thing being massive.

The number of maps you mentioned totally makes sense, experiencing they created seperate maps for many tiny spaces, like inside houses to place either nothing, a rando NPC or 1 or 2 chests.
Who ever made this went to a lot of effort to create all those maps, often to barely use them. Yes, I know most of that is just assembling assets in a coherent manner due to the RPGM editor, but still.

But not only that, the game's scope is also quite large. I'm like 19 hrs in and if I go off the unlocked amount of CG, I'm like no more than 30% through or something.

Lucky I've got vacation for 2 weeks at the moment, but this is gonna be a serious time investment to finish.
Heck, not even sure I'll have it finished by the end of those 2 weeks at this rate. Lord knows how many months it would've taken during my non-vacation weeks. :eek:

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I dont have a save but can you tell me what site you got the game on? I cant find any links
Thx. Do i just extract and put it all in one folder?
Don't. Just ... don't.

That version's highly likely gonna give you and by extension Shisaye a headache (when you then report bugs that aren't there) since the TL wasn't made for it.

At least read the TL release post.

Though if you wanna risk it anyway, why not I s'pose.

solo_player1

Sep 12, 2017
Don't. Just ... don't.

That version's highly likely gonna give you and by extension Shisaye a headache (when you then report bugs that aren't there) since the TL wasn't made for it.

At least read the TL release post.

Though if you wanna risk it anyway, why not I s'pose.
i didnt know it had MTL , i just use MTOOL which works fine for most of the game