Secret Maze- Those Chosen by Heaven

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
i didnt know it had MTL , i just use MTOOL which works fine for most of the game
Doesn't matter much. MTool ain't gonna magically fix a buggy game. You're more than 10 bugfix releases behind when you get v1.03. Then all you can hope for is that most of those were minor bugs rather than something blocking (as with the many games that've released with game breaking showstoppers on initial release lately).

Isy_42

Jun 22, 2020
Don't. Just ... don't.

That version's highly likely gonna give you and by extension Shisaye a headache (when you then report bugs that aren't there) since the TL wasn't made for it.

At least read the TL release post.

Though if you wanna risk it anyway, why not I s'pose.
I did initially but i didnt know they used the jp name/RJ numbers on hentai sharing, first time i've seen the site tbh. However it doesnt have 1.15 either on there so i'll just hold off for now.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Oh whoops. I could have sworn I checked for errors.
But yeah that's my fairly new error system.
When my script notices that something doesn't seem to fit the formatting of the original script/effect/call/whatever it is editing, but doesn't find a way to automatically fix it, it removes that bit and instead inserts a fitting error code at the same position.

That way the game doesn't crash if I miss something (Because it doesn't even try to run the broken script), and I know exactly where to look when fixing them.

It's more of a temporary crutch until I manage to make it automatically fix everything correctly, but at least it doesn't crash the game anymore.

All those sections should be fixed in SLRMTL1.2.
https://f95zone.to/threads/secret-maze-those-chosen-by-heaven.165835/post-11351203
As I expected, I wasn't able to finish during my vacation. I've gotten some time to put in today and overall it's gone smoothly.

I did notice 1 thing though, the 'achievements' system probably doesn't work.
It doesn't make much sense that after dozens of hours there's still not a single unlocked achievement.
I thought I'd post this here after finishing the game, just in case they only show up post-completion, but honestly that'd make no sense.

No clue if the achievements are just window dressing or they have any in-game rewards, but oh well.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
As I expected, I wasn't able to finish during my vacation. I've gotten some time to put in today and overall it's gone smoothly.

I did notice 1 thing though, the 'achievements' system probably doesn't work.
It doesn't make much sense that after dozens of hours there's still not a single unlocked achievement.
I thought I'd post this here after finishing the game, just in case they only show up post-completion, but honestly that'd make no sense.

No clue if the achievements are just window dressing or they have any in-game rewards, but oh well.
They really were broken.
I've fixed the system in SLRMTL1.3, but old saves wont get them retroactively.

They do not give rewards. They are purely summary flavourtext and are probably just meant to tell you when you are still missing something from the game.
Here's the text of all of them since I'd guess you wouldn't want to replay the game just for that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
They really were broken.
I've fixed the system in SLRMTL1.3, but old saves wont get them retroactively.

They do not give rewards. They are purely summary flavourtext and are probably just meant to tell you when you are still missing something from the game.
Here's the text of all of them since I'd guess you wouldn't want to replay the game just for that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I finally managed to finish this thing. Took me a little over 56 hours on the clock (over a period of quite a few weeks).
Aside from the achievements thing, I didn't see any more serious issues. At least that I noticed.

So I guess that concludes my play test for this game and this TL.
------------------
Overall, you can tell some effort went into this one. Sure, it's still a game that fits the mold of the engine, but it wasn't your typical throwaway trashy game either.

You can't really consider it heavy on the eros though, despite it having quite the above average CG/scene count. Simply on account of the frequency of those scenes per hour played.
Often you just get several scenes in short succession, then nothing for the next few hours.

Scenes were fairly easy to find, not many you'd miss unless you didn't make the effort to lose (on purpose) to the 'hearted' enemies out in the field (AND let the scene play out, don't skip it). Other than that it's a linear game without any branching paths or multiple endings.

There's a full gallery unlock after finishing the game for those who don't want to bother.

Last edited: