Mod Ren'Py Secret Summer - OscarSix's Walkthrough, Scene Gallery, Improvements Mod [0.9] [SuperWriter]

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Upload your

Upload your traceback or error report for the issue to be known
It's on page 2. I was the first to report an error for 0.6.

Though after running through the content with the mod choices, there's only one actual sex scene, so what's the point of a gallery this early?

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
So there are indeed a few small bugs in the mod at the moment.

Regarding the gallery crash, you may circumvent the bug by searching for the font "Rounded_Elegance.ttf" in your favorite search engine, downloading it and pasting the file with that name in the "game" folder.

There's still a bug with the 3rd gallery scene not having an end that hasn't been fixed in this mod version, and the last (and only new) gallery scene crashes. I've sent fixes to OscarSix, so I guess he'll update the mod when he has a few moments for that. As has been said, he's had his plate quite full with game updates these last few days.

Cheers.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
2021/01/30: Updated Mod, 0.6.1

Change Log:
  • Fixed Gallery Scene 6
  • Fixed Gallery Scenes not automatically ending
  • Fixed font error
Download: - - -

Thanks so much to peulaupeu for the assistance with the bug fixes.

Last edited:

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
FRESH version of game and newest version of the mod put in ( 2021/01/30: Updated Mod, 0.6.1 ).

I get this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 189, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 189, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 271, in set_default
default quick_menu = True
Exception: store.quick_menu is being given a default a second time.

The game loads up just fine without the mod installed. So, something is still wrong with this mod.

Last edited:

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
Thanks avrilsniper ! Just to be sure, did you just comment out the "quick_menu = True" line in the file you uploaded ?

I don't get how the problem could come from the mod, since it doesn't in any way affect that variable. I guess I'm missing something here and hope OscarSix will be able to enlighten me :)

Cheers !

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
Thanks avrilsniper ! Just to be sure, did you just comment out the "quick_menu = True" line in the file you uploaded ?

I don't get how the problem could come from the mod, since it doesn't in any way affect that variable. I guess I'm missing something here and hope OscarSix will be able to enlighten me :)

Cheers !
I haven't looked into it yet, however the most logical reason is that I may of copied the default quick_menu... in one of the overwrite files.

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
Well, precisely, I didn't find any occurrence of "quick_menu" in the mod files :-/
Bash:
Secret-Summer-Mod$ grep -r quick_menu *
Secret-Summer-Mod$

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
Well, precisely, I didn't find any occurrence of "quick_menu" in the mod files :-/
Bash:
Secret-Summer-Mod$ grep -r quick_menu *
Secret-Summer-Mod$
Hmm, not sure then, when i've caught up with the other mods I can take a look

May 27, 2017
He hasn't updated any of his mods for quite some time, don't keep your hopes up. He's either busy or sick. This game doesn't really need a mod, so go ahead and start playing.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Yeah, that is true, back in around the end of the January when this, Banking On Bella, and several others came out with new releases at the same time, he managed to do about half of them, and ever since then, his mods have been feeling abandoned. So, Idk if this will ever get an update or not, but guess all can do is keep checking back.

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
On the bright side, if its just points you're after, you can open up the U7.rpy file in notepad and find the choices and see which, if any, award or remove points.

Below is an example from update 6. The blue text is the option that awards points, seen in green text. The red text is the other option that rewards nothing. I skimmed over update 7 and there's a few points here or there, so you may want to review if maxing them is important to you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.