VN Ren'Py Secrets of Sorcery [v0.23.0 Public] [Habardgames]

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Waaaaait a minute, ya'll, there is an "incest tag" to this game, but "adoptive mother" is not incest. Maybe, I haven't gotten far enough into the game and I will have the option to change that. Can somebody please elaborate?

Reactions: kojos3000

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Waaaaait a minute, ya'll, there is an "incest tag" to this game, but "adoptive mother" is not incest. Maybe, I haven't gotten far enough into the game and I will have the option to change that. Can somebody please elaborate?
The incest tag is here because, if you read the forum rules, incest include all kind off family members, even not related by blood:

Screenshot_14.png

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Latest patch: I don't get why Midori freaked out so hard, i get some people have next to no self-esteem but to flip to intense self-hatred seems wildly unbalanced, is this how some people actually are? Cause i've never met someone like that, or is it more a mental condition of some kind?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
i get the feeling the teacher scenes will be femdom/forced
The first scene with her is either fedom or nothing, of course I choose nothing. From the conversation after "rejecting" her, it's most likely that there is a route without femdom.

But without an effective hint system, the game is basically a grinding hell where you try to see if you can hit any events. Actually, some events block the evolution with certain characters, and that several of those same events require advancing to a certain point with all the characters (and this without the game giving the slightest clue about what you have to do to advance in the story) makes the game terribly frustrating and incredibly slow to play, as you never know what to do, who to talk to, or where to go to get new events.

is harem planned?
From the way the game is structured, I guess so. But it would be more important to ask, is the Dev going to include an effective hint system at some point?

Reactions: Majindevil

Dragoon420

Aug 24, 2020
i looked at the walkthrough and it has events that i dont even see in any of the event list in v0.07.5 did something happen to the event list stopping them from being seen in the event list

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ugg.. is there anyway to unlock missed event? This fucking sucks I did not use any guides or that and missed the lust event for Takane 'Special Massage' nothing more than games allowing you to miss a fucking event because you did not cheat and use the guide.. That sucks more than anything in the game.

Reactions: notBatman747

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
dev please throw a kinetic novel version of the game, the event traker, wiki and ... raising the dude affection are all killing the mood and my junior T_T
edit : it's aslo killing the story as it make no sense if you don't guess the right order to play the event :S

Reactions: Burgh917

BenF

Oct 17, 2022
dev please throw a kinetic novel version of the game, the event traker, wiki and ... raising the dude affection are all killing the mood and my junior T_T
edit : it's aslo killing the story as it make no sense if you don't guess the right order to play the event :S
But being too kinetic might get dull, so I think finding a middle ground will be preferable.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
But being too kinetic might get dull, so I think finding a middle ground will be preferable.
problem is right now we have a "vn" with the worst part of a sandbox gameplay, player have to guess the right order to trigger the scene or they have spoiler in the story (at best) or don't progress and see no event, there is no harem tag so mc "should" pursue only one girl but you have little choice to progress the story but to be a playboy (without the harem tag it's bad to pursue a harem as it mean you'll raise favorability with all girls to keep only one at the end ... master dick move i'd say) having a kinetic novel would shorten the play time but get consistency for the story while taking away the player choice to influence the story making us spectator without virtual moral guilt ^^ either going for a kinetic novel or clarifying the walkthrough to make it usable are the only option to let player enjoy themselves at the moment i think but if you take a look at the current event traker you'll see only kinetic novel is actualy viable :/

Oct 10, 2019
problem is right now we have a "vn" with the worst part of a sandbox gameplay, player have to guess the right order to trigger the scene or they have spoiler in the story (at best) or don't progress and see no event, there is no harem tag so mc "should" pursue only one girl but you have little choice to progress the story but to be a playboy (without the harem tag it's bad to pursue a harem as it mean you'll raise favorability with all girls to keep only one at the end ... master dick move i'd say) having a kinetic novel would shorten the play time but get consistency for the story while taking away the player choice to influence the story making us spectator without virtual moral guilt ^^ either going for a kinetic novel or clarifying the walkthrough to make it usable are the only option to let player enjoy themselves at the moment i think but if you take a look at the current event traker you'll see only kinetic novel is actualy viable :/
Has it been confirmed there will not be a harem?
The dev could have not put the tag there because it is not in the game yet, I am mostly worried about other things but it would be good to know.

Reactions: eslamtito229

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I like the game so far, only the mc's recreancy is annoying. If i would feel bad about dating multiple girls i would just tell them and let them decide if they can handle it or not. Okay, i'm poly, i always come clear before i start anything. Aside from that there are just a few little things:

Very few typos, almost not worth mentioning them. There are also some switched names (for example, you talk to kimiko and it switches to midoris name, much later in a kat event with nari again a name change to midori, in naris first time scene again namechange to midori...if i didnt miss anything its always midoris name in the wrong places). Also the pet name for inas undercover date has a bug, if you choose a custom name you call her by your protagonists name instead of the custom petname, but the predefined ones work.

Tech bug after counselling:
File "game/takaneevents.rpy", line 1681, in script
with Dissolve
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 4356ed10>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 4356ef10>}>
Ignore worked, but i think it skipped at some text.

Funny typo with kimiko "i didnt know how much i was pissing with her wearing that jumper"...guess it was meant to be missing ^^

I also have a little suggestion/wish: Add an "end of content" message once everything is done, i wasted an ingame month by searching for anything and after checking the event- and character tracker i saw there was nothing left to find ;)

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
getting an error, no clue why... after this message (attachment)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    with Dissolve
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at c37c1d0>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at c4114d0>}>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with Dissolve
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1443, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1684, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2762, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3679, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at c37c1d0>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at c4114d0>}>

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Secrets of Sorcery 0.08.0
Wed Dec 21 03:20:10 2022

aQrata

Jan 9, 2018
The game needs Sandbox or FreeRoam tag theres no mention about this on OP at all and theres people (like me) that wouldnt even download if we knew beforehand. So yeah, tried>holded control>deleted, big waste of time.

taru

Apr 23, 2018
i knw he supposed to be athletic but he looks mis shapen and not all that healthy at least give him some muscles and not a weird shaped torso

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes