VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Secrets of the Valley Remake [v0.4.0] [LUSTFER]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BrunoCampocampana

Love the game so far and the models and renders. Right now though I'm too lazy to write a 200+ characters review so I'm just typing this to fill the void. Sorry about that, but the important thing is that I like it, is it not?
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Kuokaman

Overall Rating:
    829​
    per 1000Great
    CATEGORYIMPACT ON RATINGPOINTSMAX POINTSComments
    1. Graphic10%95100Very good
    2. Female characters20%85100Many female characters and most of them very attractive but some with quite weird personality.
    3. Plot20%70100Quite interesting so far. A bit lack of realism in how all girls immediately fall in love with the MC and how public it is the MC is a son of a mafioso.
    4. Mechanics40%87100There is large number of decisions and they impact plot and shape MC's character traits and his perception by others. You can choose which girls you are interested in. You can choose to be a decent man or a creep. Unfortunately, we can see scenes which MC cannot - it spoils the fun of immersing in the story and making decisions based on MC's knowledge only. On the other hand, the naviagion is very smooth (no sandbox, minigames, free roams or other annoying staff).
    5. Sex10%76100No much so far (if you want to behave like a good guy) but we can expect interesting scenes and there is some erotic tension and interesting dates which make the pacing of getting to know girls accurate.
    See my VN games ranking on: https://vnrank.blogspot.com/
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Ceesko

The game has multiple branching paths between affection or domination. Your chocies affects stats and will lead to different scenes. The girls are hot, and I found both pathes to be sexy and erotic. Overall great work.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

The renders are great but the problems that plagued the original version still persist. The story is bad and so is the pacing. Thi story is not very original and therefore is also not very interesting. The dialogues are also bad and kinda rough and immature. The characters are cliches (up until 0.3) that offer nothing new. The only saving grace for the game seem to be it's renders and looks which are great.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

review based on 0.1 (chapter 2)

WAY WAY better than the sandbox-crap before.
    No grind, no senseless energy bar, no freeroam-click and the fear to oversee some important detail.

Aside the gameplay, i really like the renders of the characters. They are very detailed,. YOu see shaddow of hair on their skin - you see every little detail of their skin - and so on.

The story seems kind of rushed, and sex happens pretty fast and direct - maybe a bit TOO fast and TOO direct, but i see the need of placing lewds to get people hooked.
    For now, this game seems to live from the story and less from corruption progress.
    There are a lot of open questions about the past of MC and what happened exactly to ALice before, same as i wonder, how this all will be solved.

I am honest:
    I trashed the origin game long time ago, but the developer seems to acknowledge, that sandbox is not the very best choice if you don't do it absolutely right.
    Now i am really keen on how this will go on - recommendation to keep an eye on this one

UPDATE:
    V0.3 - This goes into the right direction. The developers are definitively listening to constructive critics, which results into the game's improvements. I like where this is going, and we are on the best way to get a full 5 star game later on (of course given that the story will not mess up later on as it envolves)
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Old Man Al

I didn't play the original very long, because gameplaywise for me there is nothing worse than sandbox in combination with an energybar.

Overall I like this remake way more the the original, because of this.

The story is - so far - ok. Nothing I haven't seen here one or five times, but still KINDA original.
    The girls look a bit strange, with their big eyes and thin extremities. Almost like human-alien (talking about the greys) hybrids. Especially Alison. But ok, I get this is a STYLE and I can live with that.
    The choices are meaningful, 1. for the relations with the girls, 2. for if you want to play a nice guy, an asshole or something in between.
    For my taste the storytelling feels A BIT rushed, moreso if I don't know exactly what is going on (either with MC or the girls). And the sex happens a bit to fast, for my taste - it just doesn't fell natural imo.
    But there are way worse examples on rushing on this site. So it is not to bad.

I would say, in this state, it is better than average on this site, but not (yet) great. I give 3 stars, potential for getting one more or less with later updates. Will keep an eye on this for the next view updates. :)