• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Abandoned - Secrets of Whispering Pines [Day 6] [BLACKHEART GAMES]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ValLeer

Version 0.3 is great. Wonder if he can finish this, but 1.0 should be gorgeous! Some persons should be updated tho to become more believable, but still, masterpiece work we have here.
    Why the fuck do u require 200+ chars? I have say everithing already )
  2. 1.00 star(s)

HrostFall

Hmm let me think for a second about this game... Do I enjoy it when I'm completely unable to save a character from death when they are one of the love interests? No I really really don't. Do I enjoy when another of the love interests is revealed as an unrepentant psychopath who has people running around trying to kill you and those around you that you love all because of what happened to a kid you knew when you were younger(you can completely clear yourself of any wrongdoing by making a choice in the flashback where you don't take advantage of a drunk girl.) We as the player didn't kill the guy or fuck the girl and yet we still apparently decide to bury his and her body because... reasons? Seriously why did the player choose to help his friend (who is a murderer and apparently a wannabe rapist) bury the body of someone else who was supposed to be his friend. All of this is happening because of what happened that night even if the player chooses to do the right thing that night. People are being murdered and nobody knows the full story(apparently not even the murderous psychopath who knows everything about everything and is basically treated as omniscient except when this is brought up)The writing is amateurish at best and it is clear that the story is being made up as the development moves along rather than taking the time to write out a story first and then developing a game around that which is something that I think a lot of developers don't understand; this is a big no no when it comes to creating a story that actually flows and makes sense. I will always appreciate the effort put into games like this but this needs a serious rework and rewrite before the characters actually become likeable and the story makes any kind of sense at all. Right now I'm ending up hating most of the characters for being dumb enough to work for ms. psycho and have zero sympathy for ms. psycho herself as she is basically treated as unlikeable right from the start and just becomes worse and worse as the game drags on. People that the mc actually cares about are in danger and are dying around him and he cant man the fuck up and just get the FBI involved in something that is definitely an FBI matter!? Fuck the writing in this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

gerg42

Genuinely Impressive. Now I must ramble a bit to meet the character requirements. I do no have much to say beyond the first two words. This is a great game. May you never run out of inspiration. Please do not abandon this project.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Glasses!

Whispering Pines is a horror with some sex, not a sex with some horror, as the most other games with "horror" tag.

I really like the way the girls in game interact with eachother. All of the filler scenes serve their purpose, whether it's to reveal a character or a clue to a detective story. The horror scenes are a little bit cringe, but I guess my expectations are too high, and those scenes are still intriguing.

And I was actually very impressed with how well the sounds match up. The atmosphere of the game is much more extensive with them. Well-matched music is also adds a lot to it.

The ending choice of day 2, oh well, that was something, wow. I expect A LOT of it, it's like, a real choice which would change the whole story (I hope so). I hesitated whether to give it 4 stars or 5, but this choice left me in no doubt.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

elthaun

the story is good, sex scenes are done well. i'm hesitant about the sandbox elements but so far the implementation has been working well enough. really the only negative things are related to my personal preference and not worth mentioning here. more ruby would always be welcome
  6. 4.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

WTF is all I have to say to this one... I feel dirty after playing it.. but damn if I don't have to give it 4 stars for originality and style. The renders are good, the animations are decent and the MC might just be the dumbest cop EVER but I will admit that I'm looking forward to continuing this sinful/freaky story.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

forthewins

One of the games on here with the highest potential. A crazy slasher storyline with hot girls you can bang is such a good idea. It's amazing there aren't tons of games out there doing this already.

Also check out the other games from the dev. They all take place in the same universe and have cool tie ins to each other, though they each have very different feels to them. (i.e. if you're not okay with playing a complete psychopathic rapist, avoid Blackheart Hotel. But the rest should be fine for you.)

And despite the dev working on 3 games at the same time, the releases are still on an extremely consistent schedule, each individually updating more often than almost every other game I'm following. It's really amazing. One of my absolute favorites devs on here, with extremely creative stories too.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

thebeat1025

Very good start to the game hopefully they keep up the good work. I have played passed games they use good models and fetishes that many games don't have. I can't wait to see what else they do with this I am sure it will be worth it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

BigiE1993

Really love the game. Has a good story and love the setting it is placed. It's a call back to Friday the 13th Crystal lake type setting. Also like that the MC is a older fella because I am honestly getting a little tired of all the young MC's that are used in most games. The Renders look great and the animations are good. Really love the fact that it has a wide Variety of girls ages. From younger ones all the way up to even a middle aged one. Love all the girls looks but Zoey and Bailey are my favorites by far with Denise coming in close behind them. Like that it is a Psychological Thriller/horror as it is a genre I really enjoy and felt I haven't found one I really quite like until this one. Look forward to more updates and finding out more about the MC's dark past and just what is really happening at the camp, and of course all the fun to be had with the girls.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Cotytto

This game exists.

Why? Because Seath loves it. I would usually add "and it shows" but it does not, at all.

I should point out exactly where and why I have issues with the game. Unfortunately I cannot for the simple fact I do not remember anything about the game. Not a person, place, name, or thing. Not the plot. Not what characters are related. I forgot as soon as I quit the game.

The one thing I recall is not at all positive. It is that stupid "click on clues" BS. It is not only pointless, since you click on text immediacy after clicking on all the "clues" it is a total waste of time.

And yes I played the game all the way through. Twice. The second time due to the fact I could not believe Seath could write a story that is so utterly forgettable. Hell I have to keep looking up the name because I can't even keep that in mind for five minutes.

And no, I do not hate the game. I hated Blackheart Hotel (except for Paige), but at least I felt something about it. This game (I forgot the name again) has not a single hook. Neither the plot nor a character makes me feel anything.

The opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy.

This game exists.

To me, it does not exist.

It is Schrödinger's cat, in game form.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

JohnLewd

Great visuals, very suspense and interesting story with twists and turns, well build strong main character at least for now, hot scenes with good animations, it's already very good for me, hoping to be even greater when it's complete.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

The past always catches up with you no matter how deep you try to bury it and forget.
    Fuking loved it
    Best crime thriller VN yet really well made
    A twisted story that reflects dark realities of life
    Great character building with backstory and story telling method
    It's a break from your average MC that you see in every VN.

The biggest upside is that choices are immense and they matter you can choose what you want and not be bothered with others nothing is forced upon you
    There is also decent amount of content and story with just two updates
    The renders depict the story pretty well very organized nice natural setting
    The models are great except for the little one as I'm not into that stuff and i'm glad it's not something forced upon and can just skip them
    Great writing making it pretty immersive
    Great choice of music perfect for the eerie atmosphere setting

All in all a solid thriller with a top notch story that is pretty realistic which is rare looking for what unravels in the future

Great work dev keep up the goodwork goodluck.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Gwb2006

There are a handful of standout games on this site and this is one of them. The story is amazing. This is one I will be following closely. There are a few minor mistakes like swapping Maddie and Monique in conversations and a couple of times when some else's name and picture shows up as someone else's dialogue, but the story more than makes up for these minor errors. I highly recommend people give this game a try.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Proffejor

If you like a Visual Novel that skips story and gets right to loads of sex, you may want to skip this title for now, but if you can handle a well told tale with interesting characters and a variety of emotions evoked, then look no further than this erotic-horror-mystery, Secrets of Whispering Pines.

The tale presented is one that seems familiar, a man is striving to save his loved ones from unknown evil lurking at a spooky camp in the woods, but that story is told often as it is a relatable experience. There is a bit of backstory present, and an interesting information gathering activity that felt a little bit like a sequence from a Phoenix Wright game to me, (grabbing the right evidence can open up dialogue options later on) and a few other features that have this feeling less like a garden-variety lewd VN and more like I am a participant in an interactive tale of potential horror, disaster, and sex.

The cast is believable, and the dialogue feels genuine in most places, with a variety of different responses to the MC that run from clearly-wants-to-jump-on-your-dick to would-like-you-to-fuck-off-and-die, letting you know that this will not likely play like a vapid harem game with a score of interchangeable women you sleep with whenever you wish.

The character designs are varied, but there may be less variety than some other games, although this is not much of an issue for me personally, as all of the girls present are attractive to me. The sound work is top-notch, and I can think of only a couple of VNs where the sound is as spot-on in terms of setting the mood and getting the scene's intent across.

It is early in the life of this VN as I write this review, as it just had it's first release, but I have high hopes for this title. As of this writing, the tone is creepy with a few moments of suspense, but I anticipate that the story could likely go to dark places eventually. I would not be surprised if this game eventually offers some scenarios like the Triple-A title "Until Dawn," that could literally dictate whether some characters live or die before the game ends.

The creator, BlackHeart Games, has shown some talent in handling violence and weaving a dark narrative in other works, and they show no sign of dropping the ball here. I personally hope that this title does not go quite as far as Blackheart Hotel, a game with about as many corpses as conquests, but I trust that the creators will make it an interesting ride however they decide to progress.

I would recommend that anyone looking for something a little sinister in addition to titillating give this title a try, and I think you will be pleased with what you find... Unless you scare easily, then the creepy scenes running through the woods to escape the screaming monster will just ruin whatever pants you are wearing.

I suppose if you suffer from premature ejaculation you could also ruin your pants, but in a way that is surely more enjoyable.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Fallen Angel Productions

I absolutely love this game I usually don't play horror games but this game is amazing when you are getting chase the music makes you feel like you are actually being chased in real life the animations and sex scenes were amazing and man Bailey she has the best fucking ass in the world ;)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

kluh

Renders: Good
    Writing: Good
    Story: Excellent
    Sex scenes: Very Good (No Animations) but I'm one of those people who prefer a good scene to an outstanding animation so..:geek::censored:
    Atmosphere: Excellent

I very rarely review a game -- and its especially true for early builds -- let alone for first releases, but This game intrigues me:coffee::sneaky:.

Edit: I previously reported this game having no animations but that is not the case I had simply ignored them by clicking through for dialogue -- as stated above I prefer good dialogue over animations. Anyway just wanted to correct my mistake.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

RandyTyr

Day 1 sets the mood very well as "sometimes creepy, sometimes sexy, sometimes both". I'm definitely hooked by both the mystery and the girls, although either one would be reason enough to play the next update as soon as it comes out. If the tags are all ok with you, then I don't think you need to fear anything too disturbing (
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    ) here.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Rcoulter

I think good is a perfect way to describe the game in its current state. The best thing about it is the hub. I really like the pacing of this game so far. Each character has had an interaction with the MC at some point. This game also has a thriller vibe to it which I am all for. There are some scenes that I wished were longer. Like every other game has one person I you really hate so be prepared for that. The renders look amazing and the dialog is great. Honestly I see myself being one of those people that ask "When is the next update." I think with time this game could be on the 5 pages of likes and views.