Mod Ren'Py Seducing the Devil [v0.12a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
does mod work with the steam verison
Honestly, I've never seen any steam code in the VN. If it's something new I can likely surely work with it (I have with other VN's). Some VN's use the same build and put the steam code in it (which is the proper, easiest way) and some make completely separate VN builds for each platform (very cumbersome to deal with, Chasing Sunsets is an example and this is due to the achievement code in the VN). So, is the steam release new or has it been available on that platform for a while? I haven't updated my steam account in quite some time due to my current location bandwidth.

Reactions: Xtepo

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Honestly, I've never seen any steam code in the VN. If it's something new I can likely surely work with it (I have with other VN's). Some VN's use the same build and put the steam code in it (which is the proper, easiest way) and some make completely separate VN builds for each platform (very cumbersome to deal with, Chasing Sunsets is an example and this is due to the achievement code in the VN). So, is the steam release new or has it been available on that platform for a while? I haven't updated my steam account in quite some time due to my current location bandwidth.
It launched yesterday on Steam, so it is very new.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It launched yesterday on Steam, so it is very new.
Well then, in case dewayne4478 reads this...no, the mod won't fully work Steam (it won't activate Steam cheevos) because the scripts in the mod are pre-Steam version was created and released. Non-steam functions of the mod will work though (all the UI options, ChoiceGuide, etc). Maybe next update of the mod bud.

dewayne4478

Dec 10, 2022
Well then, in case dewayne4478 reads this...no, the mod won't fully work Steam (it won't activate Steam cheevos) because the scripts in the mod are pre-Steam version was created and released. Non-steam functions of the mod will work though (all the UI options, ChoiceGuide, etc). Maybe next update of the mod bud.
Thank you, already figured that have uninstalled it for now playing the f95 verison

Zyf-Azkosel

Dec 1, 2021
... I prefer to play games with the mod when one ios available... but Sancho's practice of breaking games when unrenned makes me not play the game at all... We're not all trying to 'steal' renpy's code... I like to follow the script... but making it exit the game if unrenned is kind of a dick move...

Reactions: BallerTime

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... I prefer to play games with the mod when one ios available... but Sancho's practice of breaking games when unrenned makes me not play the game at all... We're not all trying to 'steal' renpy's code... I like to follow the script... but making it exit the game if unrenned is kind of a dick move...
Fair enough, I respect your personal opinion so here's my take fwiw: I'd say your post is kind of a dick move since you are not accounting for my additional personal time to provide technical support for all these mods. I can't even get folks to follow a simple two-step installation process as it is (and one of the two steps is simply installing the VN) so when folks go willy-nilly doing whatever that most don't understand they bombard me constantly with "your mod sux, it's broke" when it has nothing to do with the mod at all... it's all the novice/non-tech folks that force me to keep things on an even playing field so true TS can be addressed.

Then account for the additional personal time I invest to revoke the mod being swiped (taken) and listed on dozens of other foreign nefarious sites I have to deal with who were changing the name and credits of the mod to whatever they desire. I won't even mention all the other BS I had or still have to deal with. Also regarding theft - this is after all a pirate site and there a plenty of pirates here who steal from fellow pirates sailing on the same damn ship (site). So, yes, most are trying to steal, most aren't using the forum as a social site.

This gets us to what I perceive the (mostly) rational options are:
  • If you have a spare 6+ hrs per day everyday then I can hire you to provide technical support and foreign admin policing for all of that... but the pay absolutely sucks at $0/hr.
  • I go back to how it was before the brand: continue to write mods for myself (which is the only reason I do it to begin with) and simply don't distribute any of them publicly.
  • You can code your own personal whatever to do what you desire to suit your needs or preferences.
Bottom line is that I can't please everyone and I really don't care to. At the end of the day I don't owe anyone anything tbh. I write mods for my personal use, and me electing to supply a few publicly already costs me 60+hrs per week every week. I don't have the additional time nor desire to be full-time tech support on top of that already ridiculous amount of personal time constantly being reinvested for nothing in return.

I realize this post likely reads as I'm being an asshole but please consider my point of view when establishing your opinion about how I package the retail product... and also consider that I'm really damn tired while writing this post. Regards, sincerely.

Zyf-Azkosel

Dec 1, 2021
Fair enough, I respect your personal opinion so here's my take fwiw: I'd say your post is kind of a dick move since you are not accounting for my additional personal time to provide technical support for all these mods. I can't even get folks to follow a simple two-step installation process as it is (and one of the two steps is simply installing the VN) so when folks go willy-nilly doing whatever that most don't understand they bombard me constantly with "your mod sux, it's broke" when it has nothing to do with the mod at all... it's all the novice/non-tech folks that force me to keep things on an even playing field so true TS can be addressed.

Then account for the additional personal time I invest to revoke the mod being swiped (taken) and listed on dozens of other foreign nefarious sites I have to deal with who were changing the name and credits of the mod to whatever they desire. I won't even mention all the other BS I had or still have to deal with. Also regarding theft - this is after all a pirate site and there a plenty of pirates here who steal from fellow pirates sailing on the same damn ship (site). So, yes, most are trying to steal, most aren't using the forum as a social site.

This gets us to what I perceive the (mostly) rational options are:
  • If you have a spare 6+ hrs per day everyday then I can hire you to provide technical support and foreign admin policing for all of that... but the pay absolutely sucks at $0/hr.
  • I go back to how it was before the brand: continue to write mods for myself (which is the only reason I do it to begin with) and simply don't distribute any of them publicly.
  • You can code your own personal whatever to do what you desire to suit your needs or preferences.
Bottom line is that I can't please everyone and I really don't care to. At the end of the day I don't owe anyone anything tbh. I write mods for my personal use, and me electing to supply a few publicly already costs me 60+hrs per week every week. I don't have the additional time nor desire to be full-time tech support on top of that already ridiculous amount of personal time constantly being reinvested for nothing in return.

I realize this post likely reads as I'm being an asshole but please consider my point of view when establishing your opinion about how I package the retail product... and also consider that I'm really damn tired while writing this post. Regards, sincerely.
I appreciate that, however, the only part I am disgruntled with is this: Most players will just install your mod and run with it. That;s great. However you have coded in a part that If it is un-renned it reports that the mod was not installed correctly and closes the game. I;d still love to play the games, I love how you work your mods (with this one exception). I am the type that unrenns EVERY renpy game I play, modded or otherwise cause I like to read the after menu choices even If i don't select that choice ( I hate doing multiple playthroughs just to see content). If there was a way to play the game with your awesome mods after unren, I would have 0 complaints what-so-ever.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Sorry, what is the difference between EllaSerinaVer and VerSelinaElla?
I sort of summarized here. There's a post in the VN's thread I made that properly explains all four.
  • ElSelVer - Is the Triangle path traveling to the USA to visit Ella
  • VerSelEl - Is the Triangle path requesting Ella come to them

Nalek

Aug 8, 2017
Hello Sancho1969
I installed the game via Steam, and the mod seems to not work, here is the traceback, and when I open the save screen, in the right corner of the screen, it is wrote SanchoMod NOT installed correctly

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho1969
I installed the game via Steam, and the mod seems to not work, here is the traceback, and when I open the save screen, in the right corner of the screen, it is wrote SanchoMod NOT installed correctly
The mod is for the standard (Patreon) version. The dev apparently made two separate VN's... which isn't necessary but oh well. Most seasoned devs have one version with all the code in it. This one had zero Steam code (cheevo code, ect).

I'll have to obtain the latest Steam scripts to port it proper.

Last edited:

Stelevein

Nov 26, 2022
View attachment 1618561

Overview:
In-game mod for Seducing the Devil
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.
As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

***SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

It is highly recommended you run via your secondary graphics processor (not your integrated), instructions below.

Note: The iPatch is already included so no need to install anything else. The mod is 100% contained.

Updated: 01-02-2023
Game/Creator: Seducing the Devil / DeafPervs /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.12a
Game Version: 0.12a
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 01/02/2023 21:55 CST
Download: -

View attachment 1618573 View attachment 1618572 View attachment 1618571 View attachment 1618570 View attachment 1618566
View attachment 1618569 View attachment 1618568 View attachment 1618567
View attachment 1618588 View attachment 1618587

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1618575
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
When I install the mod it won't let me load any save or even start a new game. It freezes when I click start and when I try to load a save it just won't let me click the save I want to load.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When I install the mod it won't let me load any save or even start a new game. It freezes when I click start and when I try to load a save it just won't let me click the save I want to load.
Let me guess... you're trying to play on your 'droid-based phone. If so, SanchoMod is not compatible with 'droid. Use it on Win/Mac/Linux or any device (including handhelds) that 100% emulate those such as Steam Deck or ROG Ally.

Stelevein

Nov 26, 2022
Let me guess... you're trying to play on your 'droid-based phone. If so, SanchoMod is not compatible with 'droid. Use it on Win/Mac/Linux or any device (including handhelds) that 100% emulate those such as Steam Deck or ROG Ally.
I was using the windows version through Joiplay. I've never had a problem with is before until this specific game.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was using the windows version through Joiplay. I've never had a problem with is before until this specific game.
That does not make my reply to you untrue. JoiPlay does NOT emulate windows at all, as can be seen on their homepage of their own website which says it all:
1707317103719.png

Le Mat

May 30, 2020
Good afternoon. Kindly help, please.

I am playing seducing-the-devil-v0-12a-multi-mod-sancho1969.

The SanchoMod definitely appears to be keeping me from taking screenshots. I have checked this three times.
First by removing the key and keeping it among the bits and pieces of my all-purpose Folder for this splendid game.
Second, by removing the .rpa extension and keeping it also in there, above.
Third, by pressing H to have some perfecly clean image and then by pressing S to get a screenshot, as is common with Ren'py.

Is there a way to take screenshots while keeping your Mod ?
No way to get a screenshot by pressing S as long as it is active...

Can you recommend another dev artist's Mod for this game ?
Shall I have to find my way in that maze with all the screenshots I care to take and no Mod ?
Thank you for any advice.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good afternoon. Kindly help, please.

I am playing seducing-the-devil-v0-12a-multi-mod-sancho1969.

The SanchoMod definitely appears to be keeping me from taking screenshots. I have checked this three times.
First by removing the key and keeping it among the bits and pieces of my all-purpose Folder for this splendid game.
Second, by removing the .rpa extension and keeping it also in there, above.
Third, by pressing H to have some perfecly clean image and then by pressing S to get a screenshot, as is common with Ren'py.

Is there a way to take screenshots while keeping your Mod ?
No way to get a screenshot by pressing S as long as it is active...

Can you recommend another dev artist's Mod for this game ?
Shall I have to find my way in that maze with all the screenshots I care to take and no Mod ?
Thank you for any advice.
See FAQ post (second post) of thread here, specifically:
1711752742422.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote