Mod Ren'Py Seducing the Devil [v0.12b] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

bodyharvest

Feb 26, 2018
Well, it took a while to port everything over (most of my time has been carefully updating the mod's Core code from v6 to v7) but it's done. I stopped around midnight and started again around 0500 hours so that's about 7hrs just for pre-porting (which is crazy long time tbh).
Take your time man! Yes we want the mod but don't overdo yourself. We're lost (for mods) if you break yourself. :oops:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
good so if i understand right ...there will be a chance that old saves will works?? and you are now testing the new updated mod? but there are new contents or not in the game?? it's not clear to me...thanks
Huh? You can read the changelog and see exactly what is new in the update.

He is testing the mod as he had to update the core to his new mod core, the last update to this mod was over a year ago, then he has to see how much of the "old" content has changed as well.

Then he has to go through the new content, which is not a big update compared to the usual, if you read the dev notes in the game thread.

Yes, the Ren'Py version changed, it's a 50% chance your saves are still useable, I wouldn't use them anyway, not anyone will remember anything from over a year ago.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As I'm bringing previous episodes up to the current Core's standards (including completely recoding the ChoiceGuide, SanchoGallery, and choreography of the MiniStat for example) the AutoSave will work like you'd expect BUT after experimenting a bit once the Player is on Ep9 (and made the final Pathing choice) I've decided to revert and keep it simple by not making separate slots per Path but rather per Episode. "Bookmark blah blah" means I chose a save location that's not really at the end of the Episode but a more appropriate place (imo). "End of blah blah" is self-explanatory. See pic example below for a visual of this.

So, if you play multiple paths then don't rely on the AutoSave alone as slots will be overwritten if you go back and play a different route past Ep8.

I'm already populating AutoSaves on page 70, but here's page 69 fully populated as an example:
1715460271092.png

Also I'm recoding SanchoGallery to include the new music (which takes time since I'm placing the correct music that was originally playing during the scene while in-game). There was already almost 70 lewd scenes in SanchoGallery which is a lot.
1715460396521.png

Just figured I'd let folks know a few of the many things that are requiring the extended time to produce this update since so much has changed with SanchoMod's Core code over the last year so thank you for your patience. I'll leave it at that so this doesn't become a massive wall of text and get back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Preface: I know, it's a wall of text but bear with me on this one please... it's for all of our benefit imo.

I've always, always been transparent in my work progress and information I find regarding the products I modify. Most folks that have lingered around any AVN or SanchoMod thread for any amount of time already know this. That said I understand from reading some of the many posts that reading is a bitch (which is ironic considering this website is a forum based on textual communications).

So, for those majority of folks that that do actually read (thank you for that otherwise I've been wasting my time for years) I thought more about the post I made here and realized there is most likely a need and/or desire to expand on the AutoSave feature in this AVN due to there being 4 main paths and that named saves would benefit from adding this information.

I've done just that with some acronym usage due to lack of space (naming length versus readable font size) so thought I'd make a post explaining it and defining what those acronyms are. It's pretty simple so don't worry. Here's the basic jest of it:

When you start the VN in Ep1 these main pathings are set then you get one chance in Ep8 (AVN v0.9) to change your mind if you want. I'll leave out the fact that you can theoretically change anytime via SanchoCheats as I'm addressing non-cheated gameplay at the moment. Now, I've recoded (again) the AutoSave Core to add an acronym for one of the four pathings to the end of the preset save name. Here's an example (see the save circled, this is new code so I haven't populated all my testing saves yet) of how that will look. I apologize for the readability due to the font colors as I had my mouse hovering over the save which highlights it:
1715520652645.png
In the example above I've adjusted the AutoSave point to exactly where Cherry fully describes each of the four paths so if you load that save you have reference if needed. Here's the acronym key for the four main paths:
  • EO = EllaOnlyChoice(US)
  • ESV = ElSelVerChoice(US)
  • VSO = VerSelOnlyChoice(US)
  • VSE = VerSelElChoice(UK)
I know this is a wall of text to explain something that may appear mundane and rather simple but I thought it important enough 1) it's the little things that promote quality of life improvements and 2) there will no doubt be a "what does XXX stand for in the save names?". Hopefully this post will serve to address both concerns.

Regards. It's time for my second cup of coffee and get back to finishing this v0.12b update. Thanks again for your patience.

Bloodmoon22

Oct 17, 2020
Preface: I know, it's a wall of text but bear with me on this one please... it's for all of our benefit imo.

I've always, always been transparent in my work progress and information I find regarding the products I modify. Most folks that have lingered around any AVN or SanchoMod thread for any amount of time already know this. That said I understand from reading some of the many posts that reading is a bitch (which is ironic considering this website is a forum based on textual communications).

So, for those majority of folks that that do actually read (thank you for that otherwise I've been wasting my time for years) I thought more about the post I made here and realized there is most likely a need and/or desire to expand on the AutoSave feature in this AVN due to there being 4 main paths and that named saves would benefit from adding this information.

I've done just that with some acronym usage due to lack of space (naming length versus readable font size) so thought I'd make a post explaining it and defining what those acronyms are. It's pretty simple so don't worry. Here's the basic jest of it:

When you start the VN in Ep1 these main pathings are set then you get one chance in Ep8 (AVN v0.9) to change your mind if you want. I'll leave out the fact that you can theoretically change anytime via SanchoCheats as I'm addressing non-cheated gameplay at the moment. Now, I've recoded (again) the AutoSave Core to add an acronym for one of the four pathings to the end of the preset save name. Here's an example (see the save circled, this is new code so I haven't populated all my testing saves yet) of how that will look. I apologize for the readability due to the font colors as I had my mouse hovering over the save which highlights it:
In the example above I've adjusted the AutoSave point to exactly where Cherry fully describes each of the four paths so if you load that save you have reference if needed. Here's the acronym key for the four main paths:
  • EO = EllaOnlyChoice(US)
  • ESV = ElSelVerChoice(US)
  • VSO = VerSelOnlyChoice(US)
  • VSE = VerSelElChoice(UK)
I know this is a wall of text to explain something that may appear mundane and rather simple but I thought it important enough 1) it's the little things that promote quality of life improvements and 2) there will no doubt be a "what does XXX stand for in the save names?". Hopefully this post will serve to address both concerns.

Regards. It's time for my second cup of coffee and get back to finishing this v0.12b update. Thanks again for your patience.

I am sure I can speak for many others when I say we appreciate all your hard work. I like the things you do to many of the different mods you do. Thank you for your hard work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SonsOfLiberty, hey bud, when you find some time can you do a search on the dev's socials (patreon and/or discord) to see if it's a known issue that starting at the beginning of Ep8 (AVN v0.9) that he codes the in-game music to Stop and for the entire rest of the gameplay there's zero background music?

Last night I had the AVN muted (I generally work with spotify blaring at "11") so didn't notice it until this morning's work session.

Seems odd considering he's added it to content up to the end of Ep8 but then just... stopped. Odd choice, surely he knows this but I'm unclear. Makes the gameplay post Ep8 seem lifeless and dull with the abrupt change. I'm considering putting in some generic BGM for those later scenes in SanchoGallery just for grins though... just for the helluvit.

Thanks bud.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Jindra25

Jul 3, 2020
he mod doesn't work, when I start the game it gives me an error, I've tried everything. But it's not the first time with Sancho, and when the mod already works, black windows appear during the game, so that's about it. PS: what do you mean by a clean copy? delete the game and download again

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
he mod doesn't work, when I start the game it gives me an error, I've tried everything. But it's not the first time with Sancho, and when the mod already works, black windows appear during the game, so that's about it. PS: what do you mean by a clean copy? delete the game and download again
Holy.Shit
Dunno what else to write when reading something like this..

Are you actually checking the Version of the Mod and with what Version of the Game it's compatible or are you actually reading previous Comments ?

This is why removing Links leading to outdated Mods when a new Game version is out is a good thing so Comments like this will never appear but that's Opinion.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SonsOfLiberty, hey bud, when you find some time can you do a search on the dev's socials (patreon and/or discord) to see if it's a known issue that starting at the beginning of Ep8 (AVN v0.9) that he codes the in-game music to Stop and for the entire rest of the gameplay there's zero background music?

Last night I had the AVN muted (I generally work with spotify blaring at "11") so didn't notice it until this morning's work session.

Seems odd considering he's added it to content up to the end of Ep8 but then just... stopped. Odd choice, surely he knows this but I'm unclear. Makes the gameplay post Ep8 seem lifeless and dull with the abrupt change. I'm considering putting in some generic BGM for those later scenes in SanchoGallery just for grins though... just for the helluvit.

Thanks bud.
Important.

Please see post here in VN's thread regarding where the Player MUST replay if on the EllaOnly pathing.

I wouldn't ask you to do this if it wasn't vital. Please head the advice. Thank you.
Nothing music wise, but there seems to be some bug with the paths.

I seen this convo on Discord, going to spoiler it.

There is no alternative path for when you don't cheat with either Selina or/and Olivia, but then fuck Madison.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nothing music wise, but there seems to be some bug with the paths.

I seen this convo on Discord, going to spoiler it.

There is no alternative path for when you don't cheat with either Selina or/and Olivia, but then fuck Madison.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for checking, much appreciated.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
But it's not the first time with Sancho
:ROFLMAO: You can't be serious. You fucked up and are blaming me? That's rich bud. For that finger you are pointing at me there's three more of your own pointing right back at you.

Please refrain from declaring any of my works are broken due to your mistakes. You obviously applied the mod produced for v0.12a inside the VN v0.12b. That's a mismatch. This is why every mod I have public specifically states in the header of the OP what VN versions they are applicable to. It's your responsibility to read the information. I don't write all the OP information for the fun of it.

Make sense now? I certainly hope so bud. Some patience on your end is appreciated as I'll have the update for v0.12b out soon. If you had read any of the posts at the end of this thread before simply writing yours I'm confident you'd have noticed your issues straight away.

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
I wouldn't worry too much about posters who fail at reading comprehension. :FacePalm::sneaky:
It's less of a worry than a Headache honestly. Many blame the Modder's but then they out themselfs when they mention they haven't read the OP let alone previous Comments.. I always say to myself: Always look around first, use the Search function as that's what it is for & when i haven't found a Solution then Comment but i guess straight up commenting is quicker.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I always say to myself: Always look around first
One of many personal qualities that will serve anyone well regarding anything in life... one of many. You obviously know this I'm simply stressing your point has many additional benefits as you likely already know (but some folks don't). Regards bud.

Reactions: Mihawk_80 and shiqz

falco256

May 27, 2019
One of many personal qualities that will serve anyone well regarding anything in life... one of many. You obviously know this I'm simply stressing your point has many additional benefits as you likely already know (but some folks don't). Regards bud.
I just see these sorts of people as living proof that the whole "Masturbation causes blindness" myth, hasn't been entirely debunked.

Sabahudin

Dec 11, 2017
Sancho1969 I know it's super ungreatfull, but you got any ETA on when update will be ready (ballpark at least) ? Again thank you so much for all this, we all appriciate it very much!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes