Ren'Py - Abandoned - See You Yesterday [v0.2.1 Extended] [Derezz]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mikexkx

Very good renders, impressive even! Love the sandbox model. Can't wait for the game to grow and see where it goes! Love the idea of the alternative universes as well :) For now, I'm definitely sold!
    I see some of the screenshots are not in game yet? Or have I missed something?
  2. 2.00 star(s)

m0us3r

Primitive scenes and dialogs with poor grammar. Cardboard characters.

Lazy camera work. Renders quality seem OK. Though clothes sticking to boobs are actually not OK.

There are a few pretty faces (the landlady and perhaps Kate), but there's not much to do with them.

Lewd scenes are brief and useless.

And why is it a sandbox if there is no more than one objective at a time? It definitely does not improve the gameplay.

Small unadjustable font and sometimes clumsy-ish interface.

Finally, I found those hidden items but was unable to see any special renders or alternate reality scenes.

Sometimes the game tries to be funny or creative, so I thought about giving it 3 stars. Nah, 2 it is.

PS. I think that some 5-stars reviews here are fake or written by hmm... very strange people. (Originality?.. Good grammar?..)

[v0.2.1 not played to the end]
  3. 5.00 star(s)

xShoLove

For now the game has a very good start, quality renderings, a Discord available, and a developer who wants to do his best.
    I don't understand the previous reviews, because the game just starting, it would be better to make suggestions to improve it. The developer is making routine announcements, recently a public poll, it is this kind of developer that you absolutely must support and advise.

Of course there are improvements to be made, but like everywhere. For version 0.2 the developer has done an extraordinary job !
    I admit putting a little lost with the time jump, be careful with that in the future. The fact remains that the main character is still very charming with his geek side. Need more boys too ^^.

You should definitely support the developer if you can. Join the Discord too and write your feedback.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

As of version 0.2
    Renders are amazing in this game and all female characters look stunning . There is mot much story to play as the game is focused more on developing Sandbox but story is okay at the moment . Most of the choices in the game are whether to peek or not which is dumb . Sandbox is huge let down in this game it is very badly done , even with hints it is difficult to play and it is not clear where to go many times and free roam is worst there is no shortcut , no marking of the room and navigation is bad with those arrows and we can't even see letters in the map and it is really annoying / grinding when new task alert appears you have to click on phone and go to task to find what the new task is .
    Overall apart from the excellent renders and beautiful girls , story is okay , loving the present and future tags of the game but Sandbox in this game turns out to be a flop ruining this game . I'll try later version to see if Sandbox improves , if it does I'll edit my review later , if not good luck with your game dev .
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Sir Crocodile☠️

I definitely liked this game till now. (v0.2.0 Extended)

Story: - In my opinion the concept of this story is very fresh and good in my opinion, the prologue was good and it spends some time to make us understand about how MC's father is and how his disappearance or apparent death will affect mc & his family.

Originality: - It's very original, I liked the alternate world concept.

Renders: - It's excellent, the quality's very high and exceptional.

Sound: - BGM is cool and good in its own way.

Playability: - I played the game without any problem, hint system is also there if you get stuck somewhere.

Performance: - I played this game in a low end pc with i3 processor, 4 GB RAM, I encountered no bug or didn't encounter any problem and the game ran smoothly in my pc.

Bugs: - Nada.

Animations: - It's cool and good.

Grammar: - I didn't encounter any grammatical error or mistake.

Amount of content: - For a 0.2 release with a single developer, dev is doing good job!

Btw my favourite character till now is the mom or Jenny, I would definitely want to see more of her in next update and why the hell are there still only 6 reviews? Hey fam you should definitely help out a good game by reviewing it.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Gadget69

I understand ForgottenPassword's point of view regarding the use of the Cellphone to keep track of ones next objective.

On the other hand particularly in 'Sandbox' VNs/games I often tend to roam rather than go straight from one objective to the next, and therefore I forget what the immediate next objective in line of events is. Unless some kind of 'reminder' option is offered. Having it (for now) only show the next objective, and not filling the 'reminder' with 5-10 objectives or events makes it much easier to keep track.

Having a Dev that appears to understand Basic Storytelling and the concept of Showing not Telling while keeping it short and to the point, is something you do not come across often in these VNs. However time will tell what kind of individual the Dev turns the MC into and how he approaches intimate relationships.

For now the MC seems the typical hormonally driven boy. Beyond that, the content and flow of the story seems interesting enough for me to look forward to future updates.

All this paired with quite good renders, leaves my personal rating for now at: 4/5
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Jaango

v0.1.1

Well it's a good start. Not a cliche game there is a story plot. I also like sci-fi stories so it's a plus for me. Renders are good. Seems like dev is a fan of another dev. MC's dad is not like the usual dads who appearing in other games kinda assholes. Also he can satisfy his wife's needs. I'm okay with their relationship afterall they are dad and mom. If you don't want to see the sexual intercourse between them you can avoid it, there is an option for it. But I'm okay with it because dad loves MC and he is a caring person. If it is some creepy neighbours who try to bang the mom I'm not okay with it. It falls into the category rape and eventually it will become NTR. Glad it's not like that

Some problems I encountered are bugs in the sandbox part. Phone is the biggest problem. Other than that game is okay. And I didn't collected the hidden things which unlocks the events in the parallel universe. I saw it but due to bugs I couldn't collect it. Maybe it's a problem with my potato laptop.

Well it's a good start. Renders greater quity. A story plot is going on . Keep the current pace. I don't want a fuck feast. I'm into slowburn character building things. So I liked the start and good luck with the game
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Bobby Boucher

I came, I saw, but didn’t Fap. For now I’m not impressed with what I saw in the first release.

Death
    Taxes
    Yoga
    Premature hard ons
    Peeking

It never fails. It’s often the same recipe with these games nowadays. It’s a sandbox so I wasn’t expecting much content this first go around and there wasn’t.

Our hero is the smart dorky type, so I have no idea how he’s gonna get laid unless it’s through rape, blackmail or some form of mind control.

The renders and animation was okay, gameplay was what I expected from a sandbox. Scenes were typical “Should I stay or should I go “ type peeking scenes. Should’ve been an option to skip content implemented twice at least. But moving on, the hero is on a plane to start his new adventure.

This review will probably change in the future when/if things get better. And I have an understanding of what type of story this is.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

What's Up Doc?

Well, I'm not a huge fan of sandbox but that's a good game with nice sandbox construction. And as for the story, it looks like the dev is trying to offering us something different. I like it for now.

So,

Story( seems promising but not much. I'll skip that for now ): ?/5
    Gameplay: 5/5( It's clearly explained how everything should be done. I didn't have any problems while playing )
    Renders: 5/5( One of the best )
    Animations: 5/5( There is not much game have decent animations here and if we compare this game with them, it deserves 5 )
    Music: 5/5( Fun and not boring free roam music. And we have the chance to switch between them or stop whenever we want. And cutscene musics seems to have been chosen correctly. Actually, maybe it could be better, but it can be difficult to find music due to copyright issues. )
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

Latching off ideas others are already doing, instead of trying to be creative and create your own classic is just plain sad to me. I had given this game a pass based on it's "potential" but now I don't see it given the Devs statements, it's probably going to be just another cliché game.

Gameplay:

If your goal is to make sandbox games as realistic as possible, then cut out some of the robotic tendencies.

A prime example is the tasks. After the every little step it's "New task alert", why not make where the MC is speaking subconsciously saying, "I better check on Jenny" or "I'll wait for my father to home". Constantly have the task alert go off breaks immersion for me.

I'm sure the MC can guide us on what to do next, and I'd prefer it that way for more realism. The game played smooth however, no real bugs yet, animations was good so there's that.

Character:

I don't have a problem with nerds in general, but manlet nerds is a whole other issue. Just screams humiliation to me, but who knows maybe his wits outclass any obstacle that comes his way. We'll see.

Story:

Smart nerd guy, gets accepted into school and will have to leave home, Dad seems to be some hotshot spy or whatever as well as Jenny. Dad also appears to be dying. He seems like a loving father on the contrary to what we usually see in games, where the player just want the father out of the because he's a dick, not the case here.

Typical cliche's present like yoga, peeking, hard on's the usual.

A skip button needs to be added in situations like this, it's imperative that Devs realize the conflict of interest in these games, and potential reactions players may feel. If you don't care about that and want to tell your story, great, more power to you, but at least know the audience you're trying to target and what they may or may not be turned off by. That's fairly reasonable. You already gave the option to peek, why stop there? Give players to option to view or skip a sex scene.

That scene also was the only sex scene in this update and it just so happens it didn't involve the MC.

I'm gonna pass.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

JazzyRey

Not much yet to get a proper assesment done. But so far it's pretty good.
    Classic point and click, good renders, the mom model is nice, animations pretty smooth and dialogue ok.

The landlady in this game is an actual landlandy! Chuckled at that :)

Gonna keep an eye on updates for this.