TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I just think he's going to ruin himself. He always said he had invested a lot of money into SoC and wasn't really getting it back, and now he's investing in another project?

Reactions: Paranoid_android
Aug 26, 2016
It's not extra work for individuals though. He's mostly been hiring new people for these other stuff or using his own free time. DM does the majority of Seeds of Chaos' writing and design and he hasn't moved. Arioch's primary role is manager with also writing and design side stuff. He's also bringing in new writers specifically for SoC, increasing hours to correspond with Patreon rise, and paying for more art.

On the creative end the number of hours going into SoC is ramping up. I also don't touch the financials. However, if I had to hazard a guess most if not all of the SoC Patreon is going directly into salaries for people working specifically on SoC. It looks to me like he's mostly paying out of pocket for the side projects, which he can do because he has other income.

Don't quote me on that for sure. It's the impression I've got having seen the process in action and actually knowing the guy.

Being worried that more side project stuff will harm the game you love is both natural and even admirable. But, more work is going into SoC every month, not less. You're also going to see more over time too that the other stuff being worked on is really cool. I'm making part of it, so I should fucking hope so. It's not other games instead of SoC. It's SoC + extra.

I didn't even clear this post with Arioch first. He'll be as surprised I'm saying all this as anyone else. This is just what I actually think. I'm genuinely really energized by the work going on and I just really want to share that energy. I understand why the optics aren't great. But, both SoC and the rest of the Venus Noire related projects are being made by people fucking thrilled to be a part of this process, and I cannot overstate how glad I personally am and how glad I've seen everyone else is that there are so many people invested in what we're making.

Disclaimer: this post reflects the views and knowledge of the writer and isn't an official statement from Venus Noire.
At this point SoC is entirely self sufficient, as far as I am aware. If all the other projects tank, SoC will likely not be harmed at all.
This is all good to hear, lets hope the good times continue as it were. Love is a bit of strong term for how I feel about SoC, but I have come to find this game at least somewhat entertaining.

Aug 26, 2016
New update.

"

Hello everyone,

I'm going to keep this one relatively short as I've been doing my taxes all day, which is about as much fun as a frontal lobotomy, but I just wanted to update you all on the progress for the next release.
The next release is on target, as planned, for week 3-4 of next month. DM has been working on some more Liurial content, as she seemed a popular addition, as well as the follow up to the Greyhide dinner scene (also popular), the alternate Helayna escape event (with Rowan's help), and adding the next job for Alexia - the forge. I believe he is also planning to do a bit more on the orciad as well, hopefully that will make it into the next release.

Yron has started working on the fey storyline, and has been developing the two different factions you can side with. He's currently working on events for Queen Kassandra's, the Twilight Court, which will introduce you to two new characters - a large breasted, MILF-y nocturnal elf, and a twinky femboy fae (backers will be seeing the concept art for those two soon). For future releases he'll be working on the other faction, the Red Sun Alliance. which has a more beastman vibe to it, for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

Art wise, Keidi wasn't completely happy with Liurial's face, so as you can see above, she did a bit more work on it. She's now working on the two characters mentioned above. MDN is working on the CGs as usual, and Erick will be starting the next background soon, this time for hill events.

That's it for today, hope you are all looking forward to the first release of 2018. :)"
Interesting stuff, looking forward to more elf slut content. :^)

Iffy-Chan

Nov 27, 2017
seem's like this could end up being a good game when its done, also thank god you can choose to not have NTR enabled in the game

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
I tried enabling console commands via "# If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False.
config.console = False" to "True" and I'm rewarded with this [image below] I didn't mess with anything else nor do I know if this problem has been solved in prior posts. Seeing how there's roughly 38 pages after the console advice to the last I didn't check them all. Can anyone help me with this problem please?

-EDIT: Added a picture of the 00console.rpy notepad for reference-

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Don't mess with the console like that, it's just messy. You can easily find UnRen on here, which will enable the console (and developer menu, in which you can find the variable viewer). It's much easier that way. Also, the developer menu is active in Rowan's room, which even gives you a menu to increase money and force scenes for instance. It's just much easier all around.

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
I don't know anything of the like of UnRen on here. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in Rowan's room (Nor did I know of cheats to begin with) but I did copy the file (00console.rpy) from the compressed and went from there. I don't know how it messed up but I got the console to work.

PlayDat

Sep 18, 2017
Anyone knows what the options "keep separated rooms" and "keep one room" for Rowan and Alexia actually do?

Dec 3, 2017
Anyone knows what the options "keep separated rooms" and "keep one room" for Rowan and Alexia actually do?
Do you mean what they do as far as what happens when you select them, or do you mean how do they affect the game? If you mean the first, they do exactly what they say. If you mean the second, there is currently one scene that requires Rowan and Alexia to be in one room, and for Alexia to be angered and leave. I'm trying to be vague so as not to spoil it for you.

Reactions: Emilee Teresta

guest420

Dec 15, 2017
Could someone be kind enough to provide the newest version download, can't find any working ones

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
Hey, anybody mind helping out and posting a map for this game? I know it slightly defeats the purpose of the exploration aspect, but for the life of me I cannot find that damned fort we are meant to be taking out, 22 weeks just doesn't cover it, especially since my game keeps limiting my travel (started at 10, changed to 12, dropped to 11, wouldn't increase with next research). Either that or if someone could post a decent grid reference from a portal ("12 hex south, 16 hex east of north portal" for example) that would be swell, thanks!

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes