T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Nit picking time #2
I wnna talk about castles.
Dead season, no Helayna until 2022, so castle complain time!
Lets take a look at first fortification we tasked to capture and Rowan have a chance to inspect as an "siege expert" to make sure it battle ready. Raeve Keep.
View attachment 1451064
The first thing our "expert" should have noted is absent of Moat. Why its important?
To understand that we need historical examples.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why would people separated by time and living in different sides of the world come up with the same idea?
Well it works, digging a ditch is simple and cost effective, much less expensive then building a stone wall!
If you take your time and money to build a wall then you WILL build a preliminary line of defense around it.
People attempting to lay siege will have to ether drain moat or build makeshift bridge and under heavy fire it is not an trivial task, more importantly it takes time buying more time for defenders.

Second castle overgrown.
The idea is to clear site of all forestation around Castle. there should be no natural cover for obvious reasons.
you basically provide anyone opportunity to sneak on you if you have trees or vegetation around.
Defenders, archers need a clear view to spot and shoot intruders.

Third Arrowslit
We see huge "windows" on top. Well what the problem with them?
Many i say. Lets look at real world example.
You want to provide as much cover for archer as possible.
The interior walls behind an arrow loop are often cut away at an oblique angel so that the archer has a wide field of view and field of fire.
If you make huge windows like in Raeve keep not only archers inside castle have no real cover from retuned fire. they actually have to hang out from the window living yourself exposed if attackers reached the walls you want have field of view.
more over in this huge window you can fit a catapult ball.
P.S. I hope this will be helpful in creating belivable fortifications in the future. After all we have 5 kingdom ahead of us with no doubt castles.
nerd

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Makes sense. Common law does not account for things like sentient sapient undead for obvious reasons like them not existing. Good to check the content with the Patreon overlords though :p ect. ect.

If sentient sapient undead did existed- presumably the law would allow us to bang em- since they could consent and whatnot. Also, Vampire bangin is a favorite pastime in the narratives of YA novels for ladies.

Amerine's bodily functions. Hmmmmmmm........ my cool lore-dar is activated.

We didn't really see anything unique in her sex scene regarding that.
But we did get to see her murder people with a massive Ghoul arm- so the bodily functions are doing some crazy things for sure.

Last edited:

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Makes sense. Common law does not account for things like sentient undead for obvious reasons like them not existing. Good to check the content with the Patreon overlords though :p ect. ect.

If sentient un-dead did they existed- presumably the law would allow us to bang em- since they could consent and whatnot. Also, Vampire bangin a favorite pastime in the narratives of YA novels for ladies.

Amerine's bodily functions. Hmmmmmmm........ my cool lore-dar is activated.

We didn't really see anything unique in her sex scene regarding that.
But we did get to see her murder people with a massive Ghoul arm- so the bodily functions are doing some crazy things for sure.
The arm thing was a magical process, not a biological process. Ameraine's physiology doesn't allow shapeshifting naturally. The best description is that Ameraine's body functions biologically girded or "powered" by magic to keep it running.

Reactions: monk_56

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
If sentient undead did existed- presumably the law would allow us to bang em- since they could consent and whatnot.
Time for me to nitpick. Sentience is not some quality of self-awareness; sentience is merely the capability to sense or perceive one’s environment in some way or another. There are sentient plants.

The word practically everyone who uses “sentience” to mean is actually sapience. Easy to remember, actually, since it’s basically our species name. Well, assuming you aren’t a fantasy creature, anyway.

I mostly blame Star Trek and Transformers for confusing the public.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Time for me to nitpick. Sentience is not some quality of self-awareness; sentience is merely the capability to sense or perceive one’s environment in some way or another. There are sentient plants.

The word practically everyone who uses “sentience” to mean is actually sapience. Easy to remember, actually, since it’s basically our species name. Well, assuming you aren’t a fantasy creature, anyway.

Nerd.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Nit picking time #2
I wnna talk about castles.
Dead season, no Helayna until 2022, so castle complain time!
Lets take a look at first fortification we tasked to capture and Rowan have a chance to inspect as an "siege expert" to make sure it battle ready. Raeve Keep.
View attachment 1451064
The first thing our "expert" should have noted is absent of Moat. Why its important?
To understand that we need historical examples.
Why would people separated by time and living in different sides of the world come up with the same idea?
Well it works, digging a ditch is simple and cost effective, much less expensive then building a stone wall!
If you take your time and money to build a wall then you WILL build a preliminary line of defense around it.
People attempting to lay siege will have to ether drain moat or build makeshift bridge and under heavy fire it is not an trivial task, more importantly it takes time buying more time for defenders.

Second castle overgrown.
The idea is to clear site of all forestation around Castle. there should be no natural cover for obvious reasons.
You basically provide anyone opportunity to sneak on you if you have trees or vegetation around.
Defenders, archers need a clear view to spot and shoot intruders.

Third Arrowslit
We see huge "windows" on top. Well what the problem with them?
Many i say. There were no windows but there were loops in the castle walls.
You want to provide as much cover for archer as possible.
The interior walls behind an arrow loop are often cut away at an oblique angel so that the archer has a wide field of view and field of fire.
If you make huge windows like in Raeve keep not only archers inside castle have no real cover from returned fire.
They actually have to hang out from the window leaving themselves exposed if attackers reached the walls.
More over in this huge windows you can fit a catapult ball.
P.S. I hope this will be helpful avoiding basic mistakes and creating believable fortifications in the future.
After all we have 5 kingdom ahead of us with no doubt castles.
Castle nitpick didn't bring up lack of machicolations, 6/10.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I like this Homo Sapiens Sapiens, they understand! :LOL:

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Is the liurial stuff bugged right now? Can't seem to advance "fool around with Liurial" further than blowjob.
it's not bugged, but it is currently being reworked. Eventually you trigger a random castle scene in which she urges Rowan to engage in some BDSM play with her, which is an updated version of her dungeon scene (but it can take a while to spawn). After the scene you'll get another repeatable option with her. But you can expect more new and updated Liurial content soon in the coming monthly updates.

acer213

Sep 22, 2019
I'm getting a rollback error when it's time to leave the castle for the first time after being recruited. None of the choices I to make before that point seems to solve it. Is there a fix for that in the current version?

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
To clarify, it's when leaving the castle after this scene that I have the error. I can't find a way to progress beyond it.
I don't think you meant to quote me there. But...
Personally I haven't encountered the error you describe, but you could try posting the error message on the forum here and see if anyone can figure out the problem for you. It might also be worth trying to DM Rein or T51bwinterized, a couple of the game's developers that frequent these forums.

highviolet

Apr 27, 2020
I have this error. Anyone got an idea?
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/events/ruler_events_4.rpy", line 47, in <module>
  File "game/core/avatar.rpy", line 224, in take_damage
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 102, in script call
    Q��X�{jJ�&K��@�N��C�{    �OF��+����ߏ�P���!�E߮Av�*��؏���D��XĹ>p�C��_.j;\=�U�����n/Ʈ��zД)U��*�.%�e�
  File "game/core/event_manager.rpyc", line 374, in script call
  File "game/events/ruler_events_4.rpyc", line 47, in script
    8�y�8qM�K    �?��~m"��h���q����$µ䷄�_bc-�`2�@)x\䂴��3(z�#3�I��5<���ֱIs��r�VN2XIE��iq]��ˈ��c�sC"�4���ߨDw-t�h �X�����/�*

acer213

Sep 22, 2019
I don't think you meant to quote me there. But...
Personally I haven't encountered the error you describe, but you could try posting the error message on the forum here and see if anyone can figure out the problem for you. It might also be worth trying to DM Rein or T51bwinterized, a couple of the game's developers that frequent these forums.
Actually, I did mean to quote you to use the screenshot as an example of where I was having the issue.

It's after this screen I have the error:

fhfgh.png
fgjhfgh.png
I did find 1 sort of work around and that's skipping the prologue. Though I'd prefer not to have to skip it.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I have this error. Anyone got an idea?
Code:
[code]

While running game code:
  File "game/events/ruler_events_4.rpy", line 47, in <module>

Full traceback:
    Q��X�{jJ�&K��@�N��C�{    �OF��+����ߏ�P���!�E߮Av�*��؏���D��XĹ>p�C��_.j;\=�U�����n/Ʈ��zД)U��*�.%�e�
  File "game/events/ruler_events_4.rpyc", line 47, in script
    8�y�8qM�K    �?��~m"��h���q����$µ䷄�_bc-�`2�@)x\䂴��3(z�#3�I��5<���ֱIs��r�VN2XIE��iq]��ˈ��c�sC"�4���ߨDw-t�h �X�����/�*
Actually, I did mean to quote you to use the screenshot as an example of where I was having the issue.

It's after this screen I have the error:

View attachment 1455490
View attachment 1455491
I did find 1 sort of work around and that's skipping the prologue. Though I'd prefer not to have to skip it.

It looks like both of your your error messages got cut off. If you click Copy BBCode it will copy all the text in a forum friendly format (btw Copy Markdown is for Discord), then you can paste it in your message. It should look more like this:
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/events/ruler_events.rpy", line 243, in <module>

Full traceback:
  File "game/events/ruler_events.rpyc", line 243, in script
    �7+�0&�
  File "C:\Users\GADX\seeds-of-chaos-0.3.02A-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\GADX\seeds-of-chaos-0.3.02A-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/events/ruler_events.rpy", line 243, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 275, in choice
  File "C:\Users\GADX\seeds-of-chaos-0.3.02A-pc\renpy\python.py", line 847, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Seeds of Chaos 0.3.02A
Sat Oct 16 09:53:04 2021
It also helps to give as much information as possible about what lead up to the error. You can click Rollback and the use the scroll wheel to go back and review the events that led upto the error.
To continue my example: I was in the andras_is_stressed event. I told him I was busy and then tried to stop him from visiting Alexia. In the fight I fail both combat checks. At the end of the scene I received the error.

Also, most events are largely self contained so you can usually press the ignore button and continue on with the game after you report the bug. However acer213, I think you may have a greater problem. I would recommend deleting the game folder and trying to download and installing a fresh copy of the game. The rest of this advice will apply to any other errors you encounter.

But do keep in mind that most of us are not programmers so if there is a bug in the code there isn't much we can do the help. While we do have a couple developers that check in on this forum, this is still a pirate site so you can't expect them to go out of their way to help you directly, but if they do decide to help then be sure to be grateful.

Reactions: monk_56

MysteriousBeingY

Jun 3, 2020
I don't know if anyone else has tried the unloyal route where you try and undermine the Twins, but after what happens with Delane I really want to bring them both down to size so bad. Also that run I am staying faithful to Alexia(boring I know) and I am glad that it doesn't make Delane have sex with you at the end. Is there an actual scene for that and I avoided it by being faithful, or has the scene not been made yet?

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I don't know if anyone else has tried the unloyal route where you try and undermine the Twins, but after what happens with Delane I really want to bring them both down to size so bad. Also that run I am staying faithful to Alexia(boring I know) and I am glad that it doesn't make Delane have sex with you at the end. Is there an actual scene for that and I avoided it by being faithful, or has the scene not been made yet?
Its only boring because it has minimal narrative and only Maybe 10% of the games sexual content
Completely Faithful Rowan x Alexia is a really compelling arc- I like it a lot too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Carefree247
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes