uncommonsence

Oct 24, 2021
Zhukov was high utility, high danger defined. The state desperately needed a competent commander in charge and Zhukov is an all time great general. But, he was popular, the only figure in the Soviet Union with a prayer of overthrowing Stalin, and real motives for doing so.
I dunno how you've fallen from discussing gamedev to this but the only thing zhukov was really great is coolstorytelling. Casanova, Sargon, Ben Franklin and creators of holy bible are pure and honest pussies in comparison.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
The point is largely irrelevant. A general who appears to have utility is similair to one who actually has utility insofar as the problem is concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyba1 and monk_56

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Hope we get way more of Cla-Min in the future gotta love a Goblin shortstack!
Cla-min fans, ya love to see em ;-P.

I'm looking forward to it as well - my guess is we will get her NPC finale in the next release (Jan)- and the art for the finale in the following one.

There should also be new short-stack art this release since a double goblin-gal x Rowan BJ scene was one of the CG poll winners the other day.

Last edited:

uncommonsence

Oct 24, 2021
Zhukov at the beginning of war with no experience
U kinda speak about dude whose one an only business from his 19 was war. Infinite war practice from 1915 to 1939 and later on different officer positions.

Stalin killed majority of professional commanders during purges 1930th
joseph was definitely a butcher, but that doesn't mean that everyone he killed were pros and overall good ppl.

2) To understand someones value you have to compare.
The people he had to deal with was greatest military minds of that time. German generals just conquered all Europe and had not just talent but also experience.
so true. but you should compare accurately to not fool yourself.
german army had almost zero practice between world wars (spanish civil war, small numbers and unofficially) unlike soviets

But if russians had truly poor generals they would end up like those englishman at Dunkirk.
Dunkirk was fail but nothing compared to destroyed soviet armies in summer 41 or abandoned and sentenced to starving Leningrad.

Last edited:

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Yeah the only reason I brought up Zhukov was to compare Stalin's dilemma when it came to Zhukov to Rowan's role in the castle. We don't actually need an in-depth analysis of Zhukov's merits or demerits as a general insofar as it doesn't pertain to Seeds of Chaos.

We have a history talk channel in the "open to everyone" segment of our discord channel. It might be a better place for it.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Ironically I would argue that if "the problem of generals" was the main reason for why the Twins treat Rowan the way they do, then they should honestly just be straight up nicer to a "good Rowan" that isn't actively trying to saboutage their major goals.

Think of it like this, no matter how high Rowan's utility might be, he should never be popular enough to incite a coup centered around his figure as long as the core of the Twins' corps remain "forces of chaos". If Rowan is trying to prevent looting and ravaging and pillaging at every turn then the orcs and demons will never get behind him against the Twins. If anything this would be the best case scenario for the Twins because they get to reap all the benefits of Rowan's sound administration while mocking Rowan's "orderly values" and placing the responsability on him for any decisions that are unpopular with the chaos races.

In this scenario, it makes perfect sense for the Twins to act antagonistic to Rowan in public, but behind the scenes they should definitely be trying to be more amiable to him and treating him well for his good job, instead of constantly harassing him for his values and trying to "break" him, because if they do that then they either fail and push him to a breaking point where he rebels against them, or they suceed and he becomes corrupted and then he has a real chance of becoming popular with the chaos forces and pose a threat to overthrow them, it is a lose-lose situation.

Maybe something to consider for chapter 2 anyway, a path where Rowan has demonstrated his loyalty to the Twins but isn't really keen on the whole "become an evil piece of shit and revel on the pain and suffering of others" that the Twins keep trying to force on him.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I'll be honest. The fact that sneaking Delane out of the orc camp results in her either leaving the city on bad terms with Rowan or just getting absolutely

SHREKT

out of existence leaves me feeling kind of sad. Juliet does salve the pain a little bit. Can't wait to tell her that we killed her Daddy.
Rowan saved her because he was working for the enemy and lied about it. The fuck did you expect to happen?

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Ironically I would argue that if "the problem of generals" was the main reason for why the Twins treat Rowan the way they do, then they should honestly just be straight up nicer to a "good Rowan" that isn't actively trying to saboutage their major goals.

Think of it like this, no matter how high Rowan's utility might be, he should never be popular enough to incite a coup centered around his figure as long as the core of the Twins' corps remain "forces of chaos". If Rowan is trying to prevent looting and ravaging and pillaging at every turn then the orcs and demons will never get behind him against the Twins. If anything this would be the best case scenario for the Twins because they get to reap all the benefits of Rowan's sound administration while mocking Rowan's "orderly values" and placing the responsability on him for any decisions that are unpopular with the chaos races.
The only problem I see is that I can't a see a "good" Rowan not also trying to sabotage the twins. Rowan can't stop the troops from looting, ravaging, and pillaging, and then turn around and just let the twins do what they do during the fall of Rasteal. What good is trying to stop that behavior when the twins just over rule him and allow it anyways. Rasteal was a harsh reminder to a good Rowan that there is no softening of the twins. So if he is to be a good person he must oppose them as much as he can.

Now I don't think either chaos or order are necessarily good or evil in and of themselves. There is nothing saying that I person in a might makes right society can use their might to help people and maintain peace, and I think we are all familiar with the concept of corrupt bureaucracies. But chaos would tend to attract the type that wants to fulfil their baser desires, and order can only tolerate so much blatant evil before that order starts to unravel. So they do have a certain amount of tendency in a certain direction.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I'll be honest. The fact that sneaking Delane out of the orc camp results in her either leaving the city on bad terms with Rowan or just getting absolutely

SHREKT

out of existence leaves me feeling kind of sad. Juliet does salve the pain a little bit. Can't wait to tell her that we killed her Daddy.
I've mentioned this before (and this is pretty much a repost of my previous thoughts), but I actually don't think Delane's fate when you back Werden is that bad all things considered.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mag. Opus

Mar 18, 2018
Rowan saved her because he was working for the enemy and lied about it. The fuck did you expect to happen?
Lol. I said I was sad. Not that I was surprised or enraged.

I've mentioned this before (and this is pretty much a repost of my previous thoughts), but I actually don't think Delane's fate when you back Werden is that bad all things considered.

Reactions: monk_56

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
The only problem I see is that I can't a see a "good" Rowan not also trying to sabotage the twins. Rowan can't stop the troops from looting, ravaging, and pillaging, and then turn around and just let the twins do what they do during the fall of Rasteal. What good is trying to stop that behavior when the twins just over rule him and allow it anyways. Rasteal was a harsh reminder to a good Rowan that there is no softening of the twins. So if he is to be a good person he must oppose them as much as he can.

Now I don't think either chaos or order are necessarily good or evil in and of themselves. There is nothing saying that I person in a might makes right society can use their might to help people and maintain peace, and I think we are all familiar with the concept of corrupt bureaucracies. But chaos would tend to attract the type that wants to fulfil their baser desires, and order can only tolerate so much blatant evil before that order starts to unravel. So they do have a certain amount of tendency in a certain direction.
In a game based on corruption do you expect to be "good"... That is a very relative term... Rowan at the end of all is still human and he had his reserves when the twins in the more dumb way possible ask for his opinion (as a slave opinion matters anyway because Rowan at the end of the day is just that) what he thinks about ruling, so we can choose between maintain a class society pure Old Regime Style where if you born peasant, you, your family and descendants will be always a fucking peasant and die between poverty, lack of health and famine independently of whatever achievements or services they could had done... An option he thinks maintain stability but his "true colors" comes if Might Makes Right is chosen, he definitely put clear to the twins and even his wife that he doesn't like much the Monarchy, dammit the guy at the end could just conquer for the twins everything and then betray them with the power he hopes for to obtain from the chaos god.

The thing is not if chaos is or not evil, it doesn't matter anyway, it is proved that from chaos itself an order came from, what we think of what is order can be chaos, because the order in-between the chaos came from the interaction of all the forces in it, or in a society, all the actors involved... This came from the harmonization between the interactions... Is because of that Europe don't devolve to the Stone Age after Rome collapse by emerging laws without any regulator of any State kind like was the Lex Mercatoria. In the case from this game, if Venus Noire Team wants it, Rowan can end up fucking all the Monarchy to then fuck up the twins for good and leaving the world for itself, to the "invisible hand", for the people to be free, until and asshole group of bandits came over with the Monarchy shit again as declare as origin of The State into the Predatory State Theory.

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Why is it that Seeds has so few reviews????

Have large swaths of them been purged? Is it intimidating to write one for the game? Do the type of people who review games not like Seeds? WTF is going on!

It is so confusing. You'd think such a heady game like Seeds would have lots of intellectual reviews. :geek:

Admittedly, it is rather difficult to pinpoint one's specific attitude about the title; I am still rather undecided exactly how I feel about the title myself. Since the title is a WIP and many the routes with vibes I enjoy have yet to be completed or started- while there are routes I hate that have tons of narrative.

But like; I'm waiting to review b/c I want to see if I think its a 4 star game or a 5 star game, not b/c I haven't formed some opinion on the title at all.

You'd think with like 6 or 7 million page views and 600 pages of forum commentary there would be like 300-500 reviews not 90.

Heck :unsure:

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
Well, she could understand Rowan's situation and what he risked to save her...

Still, I don't really know what happend on that route or how they parting on bad terms is written since I always ship her with Ulcro (the old orc, I think that what he was called, I'm really bad with names). I hope we can see more of Delaine in that route btw, it's nice seeing her enjoying some orc cock. Also I feel like she could play an important role in Rowan overthrowing the Twins: Ulcro controls a big chunk of the Twins army, Delaine controls Ulcro, and maybe we can control Delaine...

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
It would be selfish of Rowan and absolutely as far from heroic as he could be, but to me it doesn't sound impossible that a bargain could be struck where he will help the Twins conquer the world as long as he is allowed to have his own "little private piece of heaven".

My point is that this would be more of an alternative branch of the "Submissive Rowan" route, where he is obedient and loyal to the Twins, but instead of it being about he getting dommed by them and corrupted into being a masochist that enjoys being abused and humiliated by the Twins, we reach a state where while he will never see the world the way the Twins see it, he also doesn't find it worthwhile to plot for their downfall (too much personal risk), so instead, as long as they can assure him that he will be allowed to have a comfortable life where he and his loved ones will be left in peace without being harassed for not vibing with the whole chaos lifestyle, then he will work for them without a hidden agenda.
While I think the more nuanced discussion of the merits of "order" and "chaos" without dumbing it down to valuative terms like "good" or "evil" is interesting from a theoretical aspect, I think that as of how it applies to the SoC world there is not much room for ambivalence.

It would be interesting to delve into how the philosophy of "Chaos" works in the SoC world, like you said, it seems that it attracts people that are simply looking to fulfill their baser desires, but I wonder if that isn't also part of the philosophy of chaos, I wonder if they consider baser desires to be the ones that are most true to oneself and denying those in favor of "moral satisfaction" goes against the logic of "might makes right", because you are essentially surrendering your true self to the rule of a moral order.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes