jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
So I decided to reset everything and start from beginning, now I'm curious. Who you guys think Rowan should side in the Rastedel? Why? Also what the consequences after that? I don't read the walkthrough yet (maybe after I finish this version), so what you guys think?

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
So I decided to reset everything and start from beginning, now I'm curious. Who you guys think Rowan should side in the Rastedel? Why? Also what the consequences after that? I don't read the walkthrough yet (maybe after I finish this version), so what you guys think?
Depends on what Rowan's priorities are. If he wants to undermine the Twins, he should side with Duke Werden, letting Rosarian nobles escape from the city. Survival of the political elite is vital if he plans to re-establish the kingdom once the demons are defeated.

If Rowan is evil, he should align himself with Patricia, either corrupting her on his own (in order to gain a valuable ally for the future power-struggle with the Twins), or with the help of Ameraine (if he is loyal to his masters). As I generally tend to play as an evil Bloodmeen loyalist, I most often choose the latter.

The worst option in my opinion is siding with Jacques. He is too independent and distrustful to be considered as Rowan's true ally, while at the same time chooses to actively cooperate with the Twins, so he can't be used to undermine their power.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Depends on what Rowan's priorities are. If he wants to undermine the Twins, he should side with Duke Werden, letting Rosarian nobles escape from the city. Survival of the political elite is vital if he plans to re-establish the kingdom once the demons are defeated.

If Rowan is evil, he should align himself with Patricia, either corrupting her on his own (in order to gain a valuable ally for the future power-struggle with the Twins), or with the help of Ameraine (if he is loyal to his masters). As I generally tend to play as an evil Bloodmeen loyalist, I most often choose the latter.

The worst option in my opinion is siding with Jacques. He is too independent and distrustful to be considered as Rowan's true ally, while at the same time chooses to actively cooperate with the Twins, so he can't be used to undermine their power.
This is interesting. Your first two assessments are pretty spot on which begs the question of why Jacques is an option at all. I didn't choose him either and didn't see much benefit to an alliance with him so I do wonder what playstyle or story path he is meant to signify. Maybe someone who is playing neither "good" (trying to undermine the twins) or "evil" (trying to overthrow or replace the twins) but rather someone who is fully resigned to being a slave of the twins. Even in-game Rowan makes the assessment that he is the last person he should pick. So what effect could choosing him have long term? It has to be something deeper than just having another gay love interest I'm sure.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I think I just completed the Liurial content. For the most part, it seemed pretty good. There was maybe just a couple things that came to mind that I was expecting to be there, that weren't. Firstly, in regard to Jezera, I was kind of surprised there was no high corruption/high influence with Jezera choice where Rowan would attempt to try to appease the situation by trying to come up with some sort of compromise with Jezera where there would be some sort of joint relationship with Liurial. Whether or not it would be possible to make that fly with Jezera as a possible solution aside, I was kind of expecting that to be a path to some extent.

Secondly, I was surprised that there was no choice path that was more involved with Alexia. With the threesome event, it was possible to more or less establish that Liurial was Alexia's too, and yet there is no pathing or dialogue that comes up that acknowledges that previous establishment. What I really would have wanted is for an option for all three, Alexia, Rowan, and Liurial, to bond after what happened. Even more so since Alexia doesn't know Liurial as well as Rowan at that point, and so it would be sensible for her to want to catch up and spend as much time as she could together to solidify her connection to Liruial more. Likewise, for Alexia to not be bothered by Rowan and Liurial smiling at one another based on choices in the previous trio interaction. All in all, it makes it feel like the choices made in said previous trio interaction didn't really matter or impact things to the extent that I thought they would in what occurred with Liurial later.

On a third note, sort of combining these two considerations in a way, it doesn't seem like it would be completely unreasonable if prior to doing the Liruial Finale, if you had both done the corruption Alexia x Jezera content and taken the Alexia x Rowan x Liurial path, that there would be a possible playing of events where Jezera tests her influence on Alexia by trying to utilize her as an agent to lean Liurial or Rowan (or both) towards Jezera's will in regard to Liurial. It would be interesting to see pathing choices like that lead to this sort of potential branch for Liurial. It's always fun to see past choices give way to reflective path options for events in these type of games.

But, yeah, other than those considerations, it seemed fairly solid. Hopefully that is useful as feedback.
There actually was a threesome resolution but it was cut for time. It may be added this release. Just a product of the finale already running 120 pages.

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
This is interesting. Your first two assessments are pretty spot on which begs the question of why Jacques is an option at all. I didn't choose him either and didn't see much benefit to an alliance with him so I do wonder what playstyle or story path he is meant to signify. Maybe someone who is playing neither "good" (trying to undermine the twins) or "evil" (trying to overthrow or replace the twins) but rather someone who is fully resigned to being a slave of the twins. Even in-game Rowan makes the assessment that he is the last person he should pick. So what effect could choosing him have long term? It has to be something deeper than just having another gay love interest I'm sure.
Jezera explicitly recommends Rowan to side with Patricia and corrupt her using the magic necklace. Upon doing so, Rowan discovers that Patricia starts being completely loyal to her new mistress and doesn't even care that Rastedel is half-destroyed and sacked. That's why I think this is the route for someone who plays Rowan as a "slave to the Twins".

I agree with you that Jacques' route is meant to signify a certain playstyle or storyline, but right now it's very ambiguous what could become of it in later parts of the game. I suppose there will be more to his character in Act 2 (provided he lives), especially since his wife was introduced with a separate sprite. When we look on what each faction in Rastedel signifies, it's very obvious that:
* Werden stands for the current establishment made of nobility and clergy - he doesn't desire more influence than he already has, while possessing a strong power-base in the form of his own duchy outside of Rastedel (which makes him completely independent);
* Jacques represents the city's bourgeoise, mostly made of wealthy merchants - he is ambitious but also very careful; he is independent only to a degree;
* Patricia doesn't align herself with any major faction and tries to fulfill her own political ambitions while not possessing all the means to do so (which makes her the perfect puppet for Jezera/evil Rowan, who can use her hunger for power to control her effectively).
Out of these three options, evil Rowan obviously picks the third one, but which one should be picked by the good/neutral Rowan? If he is truly good (in the most obvious sense, supporting Solansia's order, etc.), he should side with Werden, because that option provides the only possibility of returning to status quo ante bellum after the Twins are defeated. If you choose Jacques, it's clearly stated that he doesn't trust Jezera - he only agrees to serve her because it's the best course of action for him at that very moment. If the Twins were to become weaker, he would probably betray them. Maybe the Jacques' route has been added to give Rowan another option outside of being evil/supporting Kharos and being good/supporting Solansia. Jacques serves neither of these powers. His greatest political wish is to create a republican system, of which the bourgeoise, including himself, would be the de facto oligarchical rulers. If Rowan isn't corrupted, but also holds a grudge toward Solansia and nobility, he could potentially agree with this ideal.

Jacques' route provides with some unique potential story-wise for the next arcs. Siding with him is certainly an interesting choice, but as an ally, Jacques is very shaky and not trustworthy, both for Rowan and the Twins. That's why I don't think it's a good choice.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crusado and rivon

Chakas

Dec 19, 2017
>no ntr option
>shoehorned encounter where Alexis and the minotaur lust for each other
yeah... dropped.
even without the actual fucking taking place, it's already confirmed that alexia is lusting for other guys, clearly demonstrating that NTRing the protagonist is part of her character.
the entire story revolves around NTR and being threatened with NTR. the developers just made the toggle so the game isn't disregarded instantly.
Bruh, do you think when you date someone you stop being "lusting" over other people?

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021

Jezera explicitly recommends Rowan to side with Patricia and corrupt her using the magic necklace. Upon doing so, Rowan discovers that Patricia starts being completely loyal to her new mistress and doesn't even care that Rastedel is half-destroyed and sacked. That's why I think this is the route for someone who plays Rowan as a "slave to the Twins".

I agree with you that Jacques' route is meant to signify a certain playstyle or storyline, but right now it's very ambiguous what could become of it in later parts of the game. I suppose there will be more to his character in Act 2 (provided he lives), especially since his wife was introduced with a separate sprite. When we look on what each faction in Rastedel signifies, it's very obvious that:
* Werden stands for the current establishment made of nobility and clergy - he doesn't desire more influence than he already has, while possessing a strong power-base in the form of his own duchy outside of Rastedel (which makes him completely independent);
* Jacques represents the city's bourgeoise, mostly made of wealthy merchants - he is ambitious but also very careful; he is independent only to a degree;
* Patricia doesn't align herself with any major faction and tries to fulfill her own political ambitions while not possessing all the means to do so (which makes her the perfect puppet for Jezera/evil Rowan, who can use her hunger for power to control her effectively).
Out of these three options, evil Rowan obviously picks the third one, but which one should be picked by the good/neutral Rowan? If he is truly good (in the most obvious sense, supporting Solansia's order, etc.), he should side with Werden, because that option provides the only possibility of returning to status quo ante bellum after the Twins are defeated. If you choose Jacques, it's clearly stated that he doesn't trust Jezera - he only agrees to serve her because it's the best course of action for him at that very moment. If the Twins were to become weaker, he would probably betray them. Maybe the Jacques' route has been added to give Rowan another option outside of being evil/supporting Kharos and being good/supporting Solansia. Jacques serves neither of these powers. His greatest political wish is to create a republican system, of which the bourgeoise, including himself, would be the de facto oligarchical rulers. If Rowan isn't corrupted, but also holds a grudge toward Solansia and nobility, he could potentially agree with this ideal.

Jacques' route provides with some unique potential story-wise for the next arcs. Siding with him is certainly an interesting choice, but as an ally, Jacques is very shaky and not trustworthy, both for Rowan and the Twins. That's why I don't think it's a good choice.

As I thought about it I've become less convinced that the Werden path is the "good" path. I used to think that Werden was a hard-ass, but now I think he is just an ass. He is the epitome of being so far on the side of order that it becomes a detriment. If you want to restore the kingdom as it was then by all means back Werden, but the kingdom as it was was already broken. In fact I think Werden would make the problems worse with how draconian and uncompromising he is. So I think he would be a bad leader for the city. Werden's primary selling point is his skill as a military commander, but I haven't seen any evidence that his more than just competent in that regard.
Personally, I see backing Werden is a trap. People seem to think that Werden is the "good" choice because he would never bend knee to the demons even as subterfuge, and because we unlock the option through the good deed of saving Delane. But he is only a good choice on the surface level, sometimes achieving the greatest good requires a certain amount of pragmatism.

Personally I think Jaques is being under sold. In the end he is a pragamtist. Does he willingly swear allegiance to the twins, yes because he can see the writting on the wall. But he clearly doesn't like the idea of doing so. I suspect that given a solid opportunity to betray the twins and become the actual leader, he would jump at the chance. Plus, I simply agree with his political stance of allowing upwards mobility with in society over any position that Werdan or Patricia hold, so I think he is better to the person to run the country full stop. Even if I'm not comfortble with how capitalist Jaques is, I still feel it is a step up from the current system.

On the other hand if you want Rowan to be in control, whether benevolently or not, then Rowan controlling Patricia himself is simply the best option. Not taking control of her yourself plays directly in to the twin's hands since even with out mind control Patricia is easily manipulated by Jezera.

I think either backing Jaques or controlling Patricia yourself ultimately puts Rowan in a better position and will lead to better conditions for the citizens.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

Hmm. I'm not sure if the assessment of the Patricia choice as the slave choice is completely accurate because you are able to ensure that she is loyal to you, not the twins, if you eliminate Amelaine from the equation. However, it is clearly the evil one and if you fully follow instructions it does smack of Rowan being blackpilled and resigned to his fate.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
How do I get this game to stop breaking on me? Is it just the Mac Version that breaks?
Can you describe in what way the game is having issues? Is it crashing? If you’re playing normally and an error message appears, tell us what that message is. Nobody can help you unless you give us a more specific idea of what’s happening.

Sep 26, 2021
Can you describe in what way the game is having issues? Is it crashing? If you’re playing normally and an error message appears, tell us what that message is. Nobody can help you unless you give us a more specific idea of what’s happening.
Gotcha. I will take note. From what it seems, every time I skip through dialogue too often, then game will just randomly crash on me, well show an error and then I click ignore several times and it's working. it just happens so often.

Jean7788

Dec 28, 2021
there is this Lady with pink clothes on Jacques Route...
I hope there are contents about her....
She looks tempting, maybe Rowan can NTR her, breaking jacques.. LOL

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
As I thought about it I've become less convinced that the Werden path is the "good" path. I used to think that Werden was a hard-ass, but now I think he is just an ass. He is the epitome of being so far on the side of order that it becomes a detriment. If you want to restore the kingdom as it was then by all means back Werden, but the kingdom as it was was already broken. In fact I think Werden would make the problems worse with how draconian and uncompromising he is. So I think he would be a bad leader for the city. Werden's primary selling point is his skill as a military commander, but I haven't seen any evidence that his more than just competent in that regard.
Personally, I see backing Werden is a trap. People seem to think that Werden is the "good" choice because he would never bend knee to the demons even as subterfuge, and because we unlock the option through the good deed of saving Delane. But he is only a good choice on the surface level, sometimes achieving the greatest good requires a certain amount of pragmatism.

Personally I think Jaques is being under sold. In the end he is a pragamtist. Does he willingly swear allegiance to the twins, yes because he can see the writting on the wall. But he clearly doesn't like the idea of doing so. I suspect that given a solid opportunity to betray the twins and become the actual leader, he would jump at the chance. Plus, I simply agree with his political stance of allowing upwards mobility with in society over any position that Werdan or Patricia hold, so I think he is better to the person to run the country full stop. Even if I'm not comfortble with how capitalist Jaques is, I still feel it is a step up from the current system.

On the other hand if you want Rowan to be in control, whether benevolently or not, then Rowan controlling Patricia himself is simply the best option. Not taking control of her yourself plays directly in to the twin's hands since even with out mind control Patricia is easily manipulated by Jezera.

I think either backing Jaques or controlling Patricia yourself ultimately puts Rowan in a better position and will lead to better conditions for the citizens.
warden brings to table more than his abilities as general.
1) first and most important bonus with siding with him are his troops, by siding with him you save best fighting strength of rastadel which will be opposed to twins no matter what. these kind of direct opposition is not created in another route.
2) warden has reputation and he can consolidate rosaries nobles and crate even more capable fighting force against twins
3) Jacques is beholden to twins and can in any time taken out from picture if twins so desire and be changed with more trustworthy ally for twins warden can not
4)its more my personal opinion but warden is probably changing his views on commoner's if you let him live

Reactions: aykarin and rivon

jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
Wait wait wait..... I stumbled upon something interesting. Rowan have an option to impregnate Cla-min? Is there any continuation after that or still waiting for update? Most importantly, can he impregnate someone else too? Dammit I missed a lot since last time I played.

gokaigold13

Feb 15, 2018
Wait, so how would you side with him? I checked and I much have missed it

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes