HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Good general analysis that covers the highlights.

Wanted to add there are a myriad aggregate of minor actions that don't get mentioned in the narrative, are gamey, or seem tiny on their own related to Stewardship. The Twins in particular are poorly suited to the diligent attention span and work ethic required to cultivate a kingdom

You hear a lot of different opinions about if people think Rowan comes off as a trickster, heroic, intelligent ect. But I'd think about anyone who plays the game would readily admit the guy is god-like at kingdom-building.

He chose the research trajectory, managed the resources, decided what developments to make ect. Delegated tasks, directed workflow, and all the sort of bullshit required to keep the cogs of war turning. Not much of it was glamorous; but that sort of power is critical

I'm actually kinda amazed he has to go begging Jezera for things like magical items ect- when he basically has oversight over the entire means of production / economy at the castle now that I think of it. :illuminati:

Anyway, the Twins ability to accomplish anything in this vector relates pretty linearly with the quality of the people who they can extort / hire / bribe. So the real question seems to be would they have been able to find a suitable replacement / replacements who could have done *All* of those major things you mentioned AND this huge aggregate of small things that honestly probably carried more weight than the major contributions.
I don't share entirely, the reason is because still you can perfectly have a game over two times if you can't achieve the main goals dictated to you by The Twins... So, as Rowan can fail he can't be by any reason "god-like at kingdom-building", this is the ilusion the SoC Team made to make you fall, you think like that not because of Rowan but yourself, what the SoC Team did was making an initial story were there are a lot of frustrating choices to make, this can make you immerse more in the character and gain sympathy for him because you feel in control, but you must think out of the box.

Remember how Rowan just passed to enter to Bloodmeen in search for his wife, how careless and negligent was knowing being a tactician, a General who's role during the War play importance in the defeating of Karnas. This is an insight of who truly Rowan really is, the same happened during Rastedel's Fall, no matter what, there are more than enough events that could be prevented if Rowan could had a Plan or at least if we as players could take more of the decisions before and during this falling, Rastedel is an example of things that not only escape to Rowan control but for players control, because at that very same peak moment we are more attached to the character and it is orchestrated by the SoC Team to make you more a reader than a player, so things get out of hands pretty quickly.

And i have the feeling that could be more of that very same sentiment in the next Arcs, and it will be like that because of the choices taken before, and the things left behind without attention. Besides, even if Rowan (us) take the best decisions to Bloodmeen Castle perform better, this couldn't be possible without the chief in each area assigned by The Twins, Rowan by any chance hadn't to deal to who inside The Castle will be in charge of an area in particular, so, as there isn't an example of competition or competitors to choose who's better for the task, those ppl who work in helping Rowan to achieve his goals in all the Castle areas were chosen by The Twins for their excellency, as ppl capable to do in time the task Rowan need or more we can say, The Twins need, because as i said, Rowan (you) can fail their goals and it's only Rowan (you) who pay the consequences (take note on that) because, Rowan in any moment never question if someone else can perform better than Skordred or Clhiona, much less if are created Divided Teams for Construction, Researched and whatever areas to compare the same work and give the most simple to the less capable team to achieve quickly...

In resume, i still think Rowan don't know shit... Change my mind :v.

G3RWANT

Feb 12, 2018
is there any normal guide for this game because the one that is added only describes what scenes and not how to go through the game

Reactions: markeen

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
is there any normal guide for this game because the one that is added only describes what scenes and not how to go through the game
Well... There is a General Guide for the game that works as a Walkthrough, it was made by the fan community of this game, it's a bit outdated but it was never put into a comprehensive file of WTF you need to do to not shit main goals, i did it for my own use, i share to to you, don't forget to thanks to those who spend time doing those analysis.

CRAZY X WIZARD

Grand Wizard
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Jun 13, 2022

Lord Arioch posted this post On 23rd October 2022 on Patreon

The post was reposted by CRAZY X WIZARD On 7th November 2022 to F95ZONE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please Like My Post If You Like the Content that I Share ;)
Thanks In Advance.

Last edited:

A360

Jun 29, 2018
Oh, it's actually not so simple.

There's nothing virtuous about causing Alexia to suffer, and it requires one to subscribe to "the lives/needs of many are worthy more than lives/needs of a few" which is arguable in terms of morals.

Killing self also doesn't in any way ensure Alexia's well-being and doesn't address the actual problem of demons seeking to conquer the world with the world being completely unaware. Dead Rowan can't influence demons' actions, can't help anyone they'll target, and can't ultimately defeat them. It's essentially cowardice and inaction, neither being virtues.
I'm not sure good or bad Rowan is the way to look at it in this game. I don't think he really can be good considering actions like Raeve, Astarte and Rastedel. It's how corrupted he is and no matter what Rowan IS corrupted, he's helping conquer a kingdom for demons. Ultimately unless Rowan refuses completely the story starts with him compromising and submitting to the twins terms going from a hero to the demon's right hand. He fell from that moment and handed the twins an extremely competent general and steward.

A highly corrupted Rowan seems to start liking power and depravity while becoming either a loyal follower or one planning to supplant the twins. A less corrupted one is a man committing horrific acts trying to do a good act here or there, reduce the damage, save someone etc. Either under the belief the twins upheaval is better than the nobility to biding time until he can kill them. I don't think either can be considered good, virtuous or selfless. I think one is far less corrupt than the other and can have vastly different motivations and goals but ultimately both are taking over a nation for demons, quite malicious demons at that. Maybe he'll end up with some form of redemption choice and story but until then he's taking villages and running slave labour. No matter what Rowan does some nasty things and it's actions that really define someone and Rowan is a proper bastard actions wise

Rowan falls and is in corrupted SOC no matter what imo. As far as I can see the player simply guides the degree, relationships and end goal.

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I almost think the writing in this game is too good. I find it hard to enjoy as a smut game, due to the level of evil the twins embody. I don't think I'll be able to play it again, mostly due to how real the scenes of cruelty feel. It's genuinely impressive writing, but it just feels too real for me.
NGL. I'm right there with you sometimes. Playing SoC is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. Not sure how much longer I will last either.

I don't like still existing in this painful subby space at all. It was good for awhile- but the wick of its candle is burning low and I'd like to move into a new narrative space soon.

Game just constantly tramples on the characters I like the most. The bigger an asshole a character is the less likely their actions are to have any consequences and the more plot armor they have. The more likeable/goodly a character is the more likely are to get raped into the dirt, mind broken, killed, or otherwise horribly bad-ended.
It has almost become clock-work at this point.

For me the appeal of the game is escaping this shit space and moving on to the narrative progression of becoming either a savior or a semi benevolent but still somewhat ruthless conqueror. I am acutely aware that it is of course Act 1(we've been there awhile) , but I think at some point you just have to concede that the game will never be moving towards those goal posts if the scaffolding for it isn't laid out more deliberately. Unless we get some movement in that regard by act2 within the first couple releases of act2. I'll probably peace as well.

Addendum: I guess I should be somewhat generous here as well- we have a couple plots that could deviate from the norm left in A1. We've yet to see what sort of narrative spaces Gob and Fae plot will take up in the end. They both seem like they have the potential to be exceptions to the SoC norms. I'm pretty sure Gob plot is gonna be a rug pull with a fucked up finale and the most evil Rowan being the one that gets the most benefit- but you never know.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020
NGL. I'm right there with you sometimes. Playing SoC is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. Not sure how much longer I will last either.

I don't like still existing in this painful subby space at all. It was good for awhile- but the wick of its candle is burning low and I'd like to move into a new narrative space soon.

Game just constantly tramples on the characters I like the most. The bigger an asshole a character is the less likely their actions are to have any consequences and the more plot armor they have. The more likeable/goodly a character is the more likely are to get raped into the dirt, mind broken, killed, or otherwise horribly bad-ended.
It has almost become clock-work at this point.

For me the appeal of the game is escaping this shit space and moving on to the narrative progression of becoming either a savior or a semi benevolent but still somewhat ruthless conqueror. I am acutely aware that it is of course Act 1(we've been there awhile) , but I think at some point you just have to concede that the game will never be moving towards those goal posts if the scaffolding for it isn't laid out more deliberately. Unless we get some movement in that regard by act2 within the first couple releases of act2. I'll probably peace as well.
I don't mind subby spaces, but in SoC the entire populace of Doms are vile, murderous monsters. I could never play any of Arvas' content because of the level of brutality he exhibits to regular people/torture of people (including R&A). Jez quickly also reaches that same level when you realize whiel she may not have her brother's love of gore, she takes delight in other's suffering/is amused by cruelty.

I think the game lacks any real escape from cruelty, and you have to be prepared to have any choice you make turn into some kind of drawn out look into a character's misery. The City mission really left me feeling super down, and feeling like I never want to come back to the game or the sequels, for fear things will be even worse for people who are nice.

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
I think the game lacks any real escape from cruelty, and you have to be prepared to have any choice you make turn into some kind of drawn out look into a character's misery. The City mission really left me feeling super down, and feeling like I never want to come back to the game or the sequels, for fear things will be even worse for people who are nice.
I know what you mean, but this is probably devs' goal for this game. SoC specializes in the scenes of cruelty, mind break, moral degradation, rape and overall corruption. So if you are not fond of this type of content then probably the game isn't for you. In order to truly enjoy SoC, I think one should like the horrible situation Rowan is put into. There isn't any "good" path in this game. Rowan can reject corruption and try to stay true to his morals but he won't gain any relief from that, only pain of seeing innocent people dying in spite of his choices (or even because of those choices), like in Rastedel. There is no escape from evil in this game. Rowan either becomes corrupted (and thus finds solace in his own depravation) or suffers while helplessly trying to remain pure.

Reactions: T800 and ffive
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes